• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osC_JCSSMenu MS2-2.2

zaxxon

i am trying to get help with this contribution but the support forum for it was placed under the announcement section and i cant find any new thread in contribution support for it.

may i suggest an update to this contribution :

the original menu allows for horizontal implementation, can the contrib be updated that the menu also has the horizontal drop down menu ? it would look really good just above the bread crumb section. also, i think it would be great if the menu be altered to allow regular links so it can be a complete menu system and not jut categories menu. why do i not just do it my self ?? well cus i am lame and have no clue bout css/php/js..:(

many thanks for any updates to the contrib

thanks to devosc for his great lookig menu contribution that can be downloaded here

Edited by zaxxon

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

• 4 weeks later...

Has any one managed to add sections to this menu out side of the categories?

i have a site that beyond products also sell services. the nature of which is such that i cant / wont add them to the categories. i want to add a SERVICES section for jcss menu that i would be able to populate with a few of my services. how do i add regular links to this menu ? can any one help ?

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

still looking for a way to to add extra links to it, looked through the class but i can make heads or tail of it.

actually had a little ECHO "here we are" and i placed it in different places along the file to try and find where in the files things are being dealt with but couldnt make heads or tail of it

Has any one managed to add sections to this menu out side of the categories?

i have a site that beyond products also sell services. the nature of which is such that i cant / wont add them to the categories. i want to add a SERVICES section for jcss menu that i would be able to populate with a few of my services. how do i add regular links to this menu ? can any one help ?

Yes you can. Look where the infoboxcontents are created and add a link in there.

From what I recall, the thread in the annoucnements section did have a post by devosc on how to implement the menu in a horizontal fashion.

Yes you can. Look where the infoboxcontents are created and add a link in there.

From what I recall, the thread in the annoucnements section did have a post by devosc on how to implement the menu in a horizontal fashion.

i managed to find that post you weretalking about ( i think...) it ads a link to all product from the head of the category. i just tweaked it a bit and used it to display 2 extra links in the category box, but it does not use the same look and feel of the menu - for example - the hover do not work on it, and if i wanted to add sub categories to it i t wouldnt look the same - it wouldnt work at all.

i am looking for away to add links and sub links to this menu so my search continues, if youy can help i would be really greatful, i dont have the site up yet, its on my computer, if you want to pm me ill send you a link to it so i can easly ilustrate what i mean.

thanks for the heads up, this method will do untill i find a perfect way

• 2 weeks later...

any one ? i sure wish there was better support for this great contribution... any one have any idea where else to look for ? since this topic doesnt seem to be attracting much attention

any one ? i sure wish there was better support for this great contribution... any one have any idea where else to look for ? since this topic doesnt seem to be attracting much attention

I have used this menu and added links to the bottom of the menu without a problem.

Take a look at your source code and replicate the list structure along with ids and classes. This will be hard coded and not dynamic. The "new" list will not be a part of the overall <ul> of the categories and may not validate because of the call to the same id (can't quite remember) but you will still have a menu that looks seemless and connected. Add the new list to the end of the category box string in boxes/categories.php

BTW ;) The new OSC alpha3 categories class looks startlingly similar to this contrib.

Sheri

thansk sheri for the reply. i looked at the code and it baffles me, can you post here the actul list that needs rplicating? or maybe the bit of code you added for me to look at ?

thansk sheri for the reply. i looked at the code and it baffles me, can you post here the actul list that needs rplicating? or maybe the bit of code you added for me to look at ?

After your page is up on the server, use your browser's right click to "view source" which will bring you to the html that is generated from your .php page. At some point in scrolling you'll get to a list of your category links

beginning with a <ul> tag.

This is the structure of the list that is generated (depending on how many flyouts you have):

<ul>
<li> main category link here </li>
<li> main category link here 
	 <ul>
		  <li> first flyout link here </li>
	  </ul>
</li>
<li> main category link here 
	 <ul>
		  <li> first flyout link here 
			   <ul>
				   <li> second flyout link here </li>
				   <li> second flyout link here </li>
			   </ul>
		  </li>
	  </ul>
</li>
</ul>

I would just give you the code but my jcss menu is now just a css menu (got rid of the javascript) and doesn't resemble the original contribution except for the html above.

If this doesn't do it post or PM a link and I'll point out the code.

Sheri

Edited by muskokee

• 2 weeks later...

i was playing with it and breaking time after time , i ve given up, justrestored the backup(thank god for backups). and left it as is

i am having another problem though, i am trying to get the menu to first behave the same in brosers, and it doesnt FF andIE are showing it ver differantly position colours and all.

but the main thing at the moment is that i want to make my right column smaller but when i do the hover box on the categories remain the exact same size which results in a very large gap between the categories box and the sub category box, its easily changable, and no problem at all when dealing with firefox only but its not budging at all on IE.

can any one help ?

Zaxxon,

Check the thread in the announcements section. I was having some size issues and there is a way to set the width of the menu. Devosc explains it.

thanks for the input, i have actually managed to sort it eventually, i went in to jcssmenu.js and changed the minwidth from 100 to 65 ,

BTW, for some strange reason it has also changed the colour differance between FF and IE - the mysterious world of CSS...

• 1 month later...

have any one ever managed to integrate article manager into jcssmenu ?

i added the cotribution and its great but to properly navigate it it needs its own box and i dont want to add another box to my column.

it seems to aggregate the topics similar to the way the categories are aggregated.

how would i go about integrating them in to one great menu ?

here is my question in the article manager support forum

thanks in advance

• 5 weeks later...

bumpy bump