• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

YaCC (Yet Another Computer Creator)

Hopefully this is the correct forum for this type of thread... if not, my apologies.

I'm coding my own computer creator. At the moment it has multi-level dependencies (graphics card depends on motherboard, which depends on processor), multilingual support (external file), dynamic price tags, default choices (packages supported - server/gaming/client/whatever) and reduced filesize/overhead. It's completely customizable by CSS.

I've yet to code the osCommerce integration, but so far so good... have yet to code the administration part and optimize the code even more. Anyway, sneak peek: http://www.purrun.com/pc (So to sum it up, it's not ready for release... yet...)

Please let me know if you have any feedback on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Need some help getting the creator to add the custom PC to the order.

How would I go on about adding a "dynamic product"? Or should I just add a placeholder product and add the config info to a comments section or something around that?

take a look at 'custom computer creator' (CCC) for some ideas.

For every new build, CCC creates a new product (invisible from the catalog) that gets added to the customers cart. This allows the possibility of the customer to go back and edit the product.

• 4 weeks later...