• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

redirect to advanced_search if search has 0 products

Hi

I want to redirect customers directly to the advanced_search page if their search comes up empty, without having to see the TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS and back button.

I cant seem to find where the TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS is displayed?

Anyone know how to do this, and where?

Thanks

this is in advanced_search_results.php, calling product_listing.php .... that is where you would need to make the change. Unless you wrap into into an if/else for index.php or advanced_search_results.php, it will redirect on both. While I think on index.php this would not be too bad, on advanced_search_results.php it would bug me to death ... if there is no message, how do I know I'm not in an endless loop?

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Hi

Maby place the text on top of the advanced search, or even easier just replace the button to give more info.

The thing is to reduce the number of clicks the customers need to do, or atleast not use the same buttons everywhere to make it easier for customers to understand.

you decide how you do it ... I prefer to show some info text - like call us, we do have more products than in the shop, and a button for a new search ...

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Its a good idea to actually show more text, and replace button.

Thanks for your quick response, you're always a huge help.

Archived