• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can I make Paypal receive customer IP address?

milanks

Ok, here is what I have found so far. I have website payments pro from paypal and SSL from Thawte. I can turn off the SSL by going to configure.php and changing -

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

to-

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

When it is false, I don't have any problem with Paypal. It seems to process the credit card and I see the deduction in my credit card when I see my credit card statement online. However, I don't see the golden padlock either, which means the SSL is not active.

When it is true (which means SSL is enabled) though, I can not process credit card through website payments pro. I get the error message -

(10509) This transaction cannot be processed.

I checked Paypal support pages and this error is happening because Paypal is not getting customer IP address. How can I resolve this problem?

This is driving me crazy. Paypal Express Checkout works in all the scenarios. I already looked all the forums I could. I also had my webhosting company uninstall and reinstall the SSL. Nothing seems to work. Please help. I am in desperate need of help. Thank you. :( :(

• 3 weeks later...

did anyone reply to you about this IP Address / SSL problem? I am also having the IP Address problem. I hadn't thought it was the SSL certificate installation that might be causing it. I have a Verisign certificate and am using the PostOSC WPP module for my Paypal integration.

I keep getting the error code 10747 - I posted a question at PostOSC forums and received this reply:

************* START POSTOSC REPLY ABOUT IP ADDRESS PROBLEMS *******

The customers IP address is required by paypal and must be in dotted-quad format: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

You can try replacing getenv('REMOTE_ADDR') with tep_get_ip_address() in paypal_dp.php.

If it doesn't work, try the constants/functions used in the following code:

function tep_get_ip_address() {

if (isset($_SERVER)) {

if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'])) {

$ip = $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'];

} elseif (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'])) {

$ip = $_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP'];

} else {

$ip = tep_get_ip_address();

}

} else {

if (getenv('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR')) {

$ip = getenv('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR');

} elseif (getenv('HTTP_CLIENT_IP')) {

$ip = getenv('HTTP_CLIENT_IP');

} else {

$ip = getenv('REMOTE_ADDR');

}

}

return $ip;

}

************** END EMAIL FROM POSTOSC ***************

Please let me know if you've learned anything. Thank you!