• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Level 2 Google Checkout (development)

ValleyRoaster

I am starting this thread to filter out anyone trying to sell you the Google Checkout code instead of adding it as a contribution. (graith) I am going to start my own version, if anyone has already started a level 2 version please let me know.

Life Is Too Short,

Enjoy Your Coffee!

Pete

I am starting this thread to filter out anyone trying to sell you the Google Checkout code instead of adding it as a contribution. (graith) I am going to start my own version, if anyone has already started a level 2 version please let me know.

I am not tryig to cut on Graith. He does make his living doing this. I make my living off of coffee, I just like learning and using code that I put together. I just want to hack together a mod either on my own or with other users help.

I have level 1 working OK. Now I am trying to get shipping added.

Life Is Too Short,

Enjoy Your Coffee!

Pete

I really don't know how long it will take. I am hoping by the end of August I should have something going. Hopefully before that long. I really want to get it going because the Level 1 just isn't cutting it. No invoice or Packing Slip and really no way to track the sales correctly. If their is ANYONE out their that would want to work together it would really help.

Life Is Too Short,

Enjoy Your Coffee!

Pete

I have already completed Level 1 and am on my way to develop level 2. I can honestly say that OSCommerce forums have been the reason why I am going to be successfull someday and I know this google contrib will help a lot of you out. So I will be posting the Level 2 contrib in the next few days. Hopefully tomorrow if I get it working correctly. I will need a few people to advance the code as mine will have all the bear necessities for shipping and checking out

I was losing to much money in shipping charges not being passed that I went ahead and bought level 2 from graith. I also took on my first job as a carpenter again so I will not have the time to work on any code now.

Life Is Too Short,

Enjoy Your Coffee!

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
I am not tryig to cut on Graith. He does make his living doing this. I make my living off of coffee, I just like learning and using code that I put together. I just want to hack together a mod either on my own or with other users help.

I have level 1 working OK. Now I am trying to get shipping added.

Well how about sharing some info on the Level 1 Integration ! I couldn't get the one in OsCommerce contrib's to do anything, and it is the same one that Advance has for download ! And yes I do have the right files on my host, check em out: My Webhost System

Also This Test Script: Google Website Test

Any help I can get I appreciate, I am loading my test site on my Home Based Server while trying to work on a level two . I figure If I'm gonna get involved why not do it right ! ;)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Edited by hdabner56

Well how about sharing some info on the Level 1 Integration ! I couldn't get the one in OsCommerce contrib's to do anything, and it is the same one that Advance has for download ! And yes I do have the right files on my host, check em out: My Webhost System

Also This Test Script: Google Website Test

Any help I can get I appreciate, I am loading my test site on my Home Based Server while trying to work on a level two . I figure If I'm gonna get involved why not do it right ! ;)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Level 1 was VERY Easy to add! Just try adding it again to see if it works. By the way Graith has helped out A LOT and I would recomend him to anyone!

Life Is Too Short,

Enjoy Your Coffee!

Pete

on Google's Checkout, they want this information below, but I dont know what to do.

API callback URL

Specify a URL for Google to notify you of new orders and changes in order state. You must provide the URL of a server running 128-bit SSLv3 or TLS.

I also don't know how to "test" the sandbox...the instructions from the contrib say to test it but I have no idea how.

on Google's Checkout, they want this information below, but I dont know what to do.

API callback URL

Specify a URL for Google to notify you of new orders and changes in order state. You must provide the URL of a server running 128-bit SSLv3 or TLS.

I also don't know how to "test" the sandbox...the instructions from the contrib say to test it but I have no idea how.

wait a few hours. I'm, writing the install instructions to my Level 2 contrib right now.

D

Another question,

I just bought an SSL Certificate for my site, I am using WHM, and when I go to Generate a SSL Certificate and Signing Request it asks "Host to make cert for", which is the URL for which you plan to use the Certificate, but I am not sure what I should put under this.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Last question, :)

For some reason the Item Number is shown on the site, but not the size attribute, any idea how to fix this? attached is a picture. The highlighted part is the part that is not showing on google checkout:

25u2no0.jpg

Also, the order is not showing in the OSC admin section, does it only show when I charge the credit card?