• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any good solution to allow quantity on Attributes?

DarrenWu

I did search on contributions database, there is very good one "QTP 4.25", but the installation of this contribution is better to do it on clean OScommerce store. My store already has more than 10 additional function added. Tired to use 3rd party Comparison sofeware to Help me on finding the changes on QTP 4.25 with my store files. Almost is mission impossible.

There is another one in download section call "Quantity for Product Attributes Mod", but the author of the latest updated notify on his post:

"Pay attention:

The change I have done only takes care of products with attibute quantity (as all of my products have attibute quantity) .

I did not handle not tested the case when some products have no attibute quantity, and I should think it will not work..."

Can anyone can make a better one for the function or help us on fixing the bug in "Quantity for Product Attributes Mod"

I think there should be many people need this function for their store.

Thanks a lot!!

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that the functionality of this contribution could use fine-tuned.

I may end up working on it myself -- qualified or not! I need to have it work with products having options in dropdown boxes AND with products that do not have the options enabled.

Did you ever get any help with this?

I've had a go at doing this myself but with not much success. It should be a case of checking to see if the product has attributes and using the correct stock check method based on that but something wasn't quite right when I tried it and it's not easy working on a live site without breaking it. I'd be very interested to see the results if you get it to work.

I've had a go at doing this myself but with not much success. It should be a case of checking to see if the product has attributes and using the correct stock check method based on that but something wasn't quite right when I tried it and it's not easy working on a live site without breaking it. I'd be very interested to see the results if you get it to work.

OK. I will keep you in mind when I get around to debugging this. I agree with you, it SHOULD be simple -- but I am not getting results either. I am setting up a "test bed" on my computer first so I don't work with the live database; but that is not turning out to be easy either since you need mySQL, PHP and Apache server.

I am moving my "bricks & mortar" store location soon so I am not sure just how soon I can get started.

Thanks for the reply!

Jenny