• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream

noobsg

Ok, thankfully the problem was in the first file I tried :)

/includes/application_top.php

The file I had brought over from my old Plesk auto-installation was from June 2006. And it turns out there were a couple of small modifications made in the file from the Plesk auto-install I did just now (just to be clear - these weren't my modifications; they were in the files from Plesk, though I've put in a modfication notation for purposes of this post):

Look around line 277 for

// set the language
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('language') || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {
if (!tep_session_is_registered('language')) {
  tep_session_register('language');
  tep_session_register('languages_id');
}

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');
$lng = new language();

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {
  $lng->set_language($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']);
} else {
  $lng->get_browser_language();
}

$language = $lng->language['directory'];
$languages_id = $lng->language['id'];
 }

// MODIFICATION - This conditional was in the Plesk install Nov 13, but not in my earlier application_top  
if($language == ''){
$language = 'english';
$languages_id = 1;
}

// include the language translations
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

And then again just below it around line 310

// navigation history
 if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation')) {
if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {
  $broken_navigation = $navigation;
  $navigation = new navigationHistory;
  $navigation->unserialize($broken_navigation);
}
 } else {
tep_session_register('navigation');
 }

// MODIFICATION - this next conditional was in the Nov 13 Plesk Install and not in my earlier application_top
 if($navigation == NULL)
 {
 }

$navigation->add_current_page();

What was confusing me earlier was I couldn't find where OSC checks the configuration table of the database, looks up the default lanuage, and inserts that info if the LANGUAGE variable in the sessions hasn't been set yet... in this case, they seem to be hard-coding English... weird. But at least my catalogue is visible and working so far (we'll see when I test things for checking out).

Hope this helps someone else in a similar situation!!

Thank you so much for posting the solution to this problem.. I know it's at the beginning of my million's of hurdles but you really nailed it. Hopefully it serves as a permanent fix. :blink:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

guys, I have this issue and i am not able to resolve it. Can someone please assist? this is my http://www.andyandre.com I get this error on the front page: Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/andydre/public_html/includes/header.php on line 198. when i click that link, I then get this error: Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/andydre/public_html/shopping_cart.php on line 15

Please.

Archived