• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Datacash

matbennett

A client is interested in switching to Datacash for their online payments. Couple of questions:

1. Has anyone had experience with using datacash?
  2. Has anyone integrated osC with Datacash
  3. Would anyone be interested in co-sponsoring the development of a datacash module?

I suppose I should also add to that list:

• Would anyone be interesting in developing the module if sponsorship was raised?

Haven't done a payment module myself, but would be willing to give it a try if no-one else stepped up.

I am currently the process of producing an online store using oscommerce in which the customer has requested that datacash be used for their payments.

As you have found there does not seem to be a datacash module available. How much work is involved in writting a module?

The first thing you should do is contact the Datacash Developers and ask them to supply you with specification as to what data a module would need from oscommerce to work with their payment processor.

Ask them if they are supporting oscommerce or if they are willing to.

Then you could use an existing module like the one for PayPal or Authourizenet ... and modify it for test purposes.

Post the details here for osc users to look at and help you out.

Edited by insomniac2

• 4 weeks later...

This is only second hand information, so don't take it as gospel.

Apparently Datacash were not interested in supporting the modules development in any way citing a small market of osCommerce stores as the reason. Small??? Compared with what?

• 6 years later...

I developed a datacash module that works with NBG, a method for HPS and one for HCC. Often there are slight differences in implementation for specific banks, so when developing a solution for a specific bank, you might ask if there are any deviations from the default developers guide before starting developing.