• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Card Number Validation ?

ronr1999

A customer transposed the last two digits of his credit card (visa) and cc_validation.php caught it. At least I think it was cc_validation.php... it might also be: authorizenet.php. I was getting error message: " The credit card number entered is invalid. Please check the number and try again."

...it must be authorizenet.php... or ?

RonR

http://www.beachnet.com/~hstiles/cardtype.html

as for which module caught it, it was cc_validation.php, which is a class instantiated in your CC module (cc.php or authorize.net where it is called).

I have personally modded cc_validation further to prevent usage of non-visa/mc and check for a proper CVV (which my check will also check for proper CVV on AMEX if I ever decide to accept it).

the mod10 check however is the most basic. if a CC doesn't pass mod10, there is no way the number will be correct.

Edited by borghe

http://www.beachnet.com/~hstiles/cardtype.html

I have personally modded cc_validation further to prevent usage of non-visa/mc and check for a proper CVV (which my check will also check for proper CVV on AMEX if I ever decide to accept it).

I too only accept Visa and MC. I would like to know how you did the mod. I need to do the same.

I believe I posted it elsewhere, but to mod cc_validation just look at the main check at the beginning of the validate function. let it go through and determine what kind of card it is and if it's valid. then at the bottom of the "if"s ad an if for something like

if ($card->cc_type != 'Master Card' && $card->cc_type != 'Visa')

return -6;

then in your credit card module under the validation section add a case for -6 and have it throw an error message and break;

I also added a CVV validation right above it in cc_validation. mine basically says

if ((strlen($card->cc_cvv) != 4 && $card->cc_type == 'American Express') || strlen($card->cc_cvv) != 3)

return -5;

and then case -5: in the auth.net module is "please enter a valid card security code"

Edited by borghe