• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end

Micke

Hey all you coders!

I have recently done my cut-and-paste in admin/categories.php as I installed Header Tags Controller v2.5.9 and I get the following:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /server/a/domain/www/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 1400

This has happened before with another contribution (can't remember wich...) and at the end I had to "roll back" the installation.

BUT! Perhaps the message above is widely known among coders? Maybe there's a simple solution to this?

Line 1400 is the line after the last %>

//Micke

I think you need a closing bracket somewhere. What you need to do in that case is go through and check all your brackets for the one without a closing bracket, and put it where it's needed. You could place one almost randomly just to get rid of the error, but then you'd have no idea what was broken in the page.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

Archived