• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2.44% Conversion rate from Google

jkchang

Woo hoo! Who knew $5/day would sprout into an awesome conversion! I may be counting my duckies too soon, but I'd rather celebrate now and sulk later =P

I have about 300 keywords (250 for 1 ad, 50 on the other), most bids at 10 cents (haha) with a max of $5/day. So far, so good!

Should I also start an Overture (or Yahoo whatever it's called) account? Do you guys think it'll be worth it?

Is that a conversation rate of visitors V sales or impressions V visitors? Have you noticed an increase in sales

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

Is that a conversation rate of visitors V sales or impressions V visitors? Have you noticed an increase in sales

That is # of sales v # of clicks.

clicks v impressions would be .00455% (lol)

So far, so good. In this 2 week period since adwords started, I've seen more sales than the previous 6-7 weeks I was up (May 22 -> end of June) so things are looking bright. It's funny... all of the people involved in the meeting said that adwords/paid SE ads wouldn't be clicked by us... yet it's the best $150/month ad budget we have for the site hahaha.... MTD, the adwords budget has only hit about $22.00. Our $300 flier/page ad campaign flopped -_-

I'll probably throw some of that money into overture as well. At least the attempt to use the sponsored search proved our "we'd never click that" mindset wrong.

YSM (I think that's what it's called now, Yahoo Search Marketing) did absolutely nothing for us. In addition, they triple billed us two months in a row. Took a lot of emails/phone calls to straighten that mess out. Finally, we just quit using it and haven't missed it at all. Yahoo's customer service, we feel, is horrible and their search marketing is worthless. But, that's just my opinion :-" .

Archived