• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which PayPal Module should I install?

sharky2003

Hi,

I recently installed and configured OS Commerce for the first time successfully! I have also sucessfully installed the PayPal Website Payments Pro module. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3716

After running a test, I'm getting the following error: MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_EC_TEXT_PROCESS_ERROR

Did I install the correct module? Will I get an error if the SSL certificate hasn't been installed on the server yet?

Thanks in advance.

That module isn't actively developed and have never heard anyone say that it works. So it's either really stable as long as you set it up correctly, or people just switched to mine:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3647

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

That module isn't actively developed and have never heard anyone say that it works. So it's either really stable as long as you set it up correctly, or people just switched to mine:

I am experiencing problems with my clients site using the paypal function as well, only I'm getting the following error message after trying to process an order:

"An error occurred when we tried to contact PayPal's servers?

One thing, this function was working prior to the site's hosting company (powweb.com) migrating the site to their new platform. Now it's not! Would this be their problem or is it something in the paypal module settings?

Also, I receive a message when trying to process an order using a credit card payment. "Your credit card has been declined". Although I do not know if this function was working prior to the migration.

Any thoughts?

I'd need to see debug logs before I'd know what's going on. In the module's settings, there's a Debug Mode option. Also make sure your host compiled curl support into PHP on your new server.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I'd need to see debug logs before I'd know what's going on. In the module's settings, there's a Debug Mode option. Also make sure your host compiled curl support into PHP on your new server.

Thanks for the quick reply. Please bare with me as I am very new to the osCommerse system. I am trying to help a friend with her site and she too does not know much about the functionality. Anyway, I checked the payment module under paypal direct payment and the debug option is set to true. Now how do I access the debug logs?

Again, I'm very new to this system so please bare with me!

Do a transaction (use a fake card and information), and then whoever's email is setup as the store admin will receive an email.

:blink:

Hi All! I am new to the forums. I have setup an online store using OScommerce and am now trying to integrate credit card payments with the site. I am on a shoestring budget. I am looking to install Paypal Website Pro for OSCommerce and have downloaded the latest and am going through the installation process. I am not a good scripter but can tinker around with them and figure things out pretty good. The install instructions seem pretty straight forward so hoping that it goes as smooth as it sounds like it should. I have signed up and been approved by Paypal for the Website Pro and have a question about downloading the needed API certificate. After logging in to Paypal and going to profile - API access - then there are 2 options - Grant API Permission and Request API Credentials - so I select Request API credentials and then have to choose API signature or API SSL client side certificate - which one do I want to download to use? I'm thinking API signature but I want to check and be sure as instructions don't mention these options.

Any help through this process is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lisa

ya dyno man thx a lot this answers my question! I installed the IPN thinking thats what it was cuz I didnt find any of these payment modules in credit card processing but then realized there was another category... I even did a full search for paypal and only got the IPN fix and such...

Spent time setting that up now I need to slap you mod it and just wanted to say thanks for doctoring it up for us and staying on top of it!

I did notice one thing addressed in that thread of the key being exposed... is this something that gets fixed with your mod or is it stored in admin files or something so it cant be accessed?

I suppose I will find out just thought i would ask :thumbsup:

:blink:

Hi All! I am new to the forums. I have setup an online store using OScommerce and am now trying to integrate credit card payments with the site. I am on a shoestring budget. I am looking to install Paypal Website Pro for OSCommerce and have downloaded the latest and am going through the installation process. I am not a good scripter but can tinker around with them and figure things out pretty good. The install instructions seem pretty straight forward so hoping that it goes as smooth as it sounds like it should. I have signed up and been approved by Paypal for the Website Pro and have a question about downloading the needed API certificate. After logging in to Paypal and going to profile - API access - then there are 2 options - Grant API Permission and Request API Credentials - so I select Request API credentials and then have to choose API signature or API SSL client side certificate - which one do I want to download to use? I'm thinking API signature but I want to check and be sure as instructions don't mention these options.

Any help through this process is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lisa

Do you have an SSL certificate to your site for https secure connections?

Do a transaction (use a fake card and information), and then whoever's email is setup as the store admin will receive an email.

Yes, my client did receive an email basically this is what it said.

To: "The Reign of Cats & Dogs" <[email protected]>

Subject: PayPal Error Dump

Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:47:52 -0400

In function: ec_step1()

This function appears in

In looking at this script I can "see" anything wrong, but I may not know what to "look" for either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi - I'm at step 4 in the installation process - is there another way to import the SQL file or will I need to download and install phpMyAdmin?

Thanks,

Erin

Hello,

Hi - I'm at step 4 in the installation process - how do I import the SQL file "paypal_wpp.sql" into my database? As I'm sure you quessed - I'm new to this too.

Thanks,

Erin

Erin

I found my commercial webserver had phpMyAdmin installed. Can you access something like Cpanal that has it in there.. or contact your webhosting company they will be able to give you some tips. If you are hosting your own webserver....then you should look at installing it...

Micheal

Erin

I found my commercial webserver had phpMyAdmin installed. Can you access something like Cpanal that has it in there.. or contact your webhosting company they will be able to give you some tips. If you are hosting your own webserver....then you should look at installing it...

Micheal

I really appreciate your help, Michael. It turns out that my hosting company has PHPmyAdmin installed. I logged in successfully - I'm just not sure how to import the .sql file. I know this is probably pretty basic stuff.

Erin

I've only used it the once myself. I pretty well followed my nose. You need to know the dbase your uploading to and select it. then the screens change, you then choose import, browse to find the file you wish to upload and hit ok...