• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add related items on Product_info page?

andytc

Hi

I've searched the contrib section and looked at a few that might be what i'm looking for , but i'm reluctant to add any of them i case they are not what i am looking for.

What i would like is an addition below the product on the products info page that will allow the customer to purchase related items (such as accessories or extras) with a check box for quantity and add to cart button or , at least , something like that , and also display the price of the extra .

The items to be added will also be standalone products which could be purchased seperatly if needed.

I know there must be a contrib for this , i honestly have looked , but can't find one that explains clearly that it will do this.

Can anyone give me a link to contrib ?

Hi

I posted a similar question a few days ago and searched Google to death to try and find the answer to this. Anyway I have managed to put together a slight hack using XSell and Product attributes. Xsell provides the image reference(I hacked code to get rid of buy now buttons) to the customer and Product attributes provides the checkboxes etc. You'll need to update related products and provide the attributes for each master item but it works fine(unless you have 1000's of products)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,attributes

Tracey

Archived