• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Froogle/Google Base, Yahoo, and Bizrate Feeds

creepo

Froogle/Google Base, Yahoo, and Bizrate Feeds

I was excited to give this a whirl - installed the db and files and, besides the fact that the look and feel is apprently custom - and there were a bunch of hardcoded images that weren't included... the code generated nothingg but fopen and fwrite errors for me - it's looking for a file in a "feeds" subdirectory that the instructions didn't mention... are we supposed to add that directory and place a blank file by the proper name in there?

While glad to see a feed contrib, this was really the most busted contrib I have ever attempted. Please let me know if the bugs get worked out - I'd like to use it.

J

They have just updated it, I tryed again, and still getting error.

File completed:

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user fishing-gear

Warning: ftp_put(): 'STOR': command not understood. in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/fishing-gear.co.nz/httpdocs/admin/froogle.php on line 348

uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Script timer: 5.254216 seconds

Hi,

I have also installed this contirbution but i get the follwing error each time i run the froogle feed i have not set the others yet,

File completed:

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user username

Warning: ftp_put(): 'STOR': command not understood. in /home/username/public_html/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 348

any ideas , what needs to be fixed..?

Thanks

saj

Looks like I've just received my invite to join your club.

Warning: fopen(/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/valuechristianbooks.co.uk/httpdocsfeeds/frooglefile.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/valuechristianbooks.co.uk/httpdocs/admin/froogle.php on line 305

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/valuechristianbooks.co.uk/httpdocs/admin/froogle.php on line 306

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/valuechristianbooks.co.uk/httpdocs/admin/froogle.php on line 307
File completed:

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/valuechristianbooks.co.uk/httpdocs/admin/froogle.php on line 309

Warning: ftp_login(): Login incorrect. in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/valuechristianbooks.co.uk/httpdocs/admin/froogle.php on line 325
FTP connection has failed!
Attempted to connect to uploads.google.com for user [email protected]

Script timer: 3.866848 seconds.

SAME HERE WITH "STOR" FUNCTION.

Can not upload to froogle with the froogle_bizrate_yahoo_feeds_1_1 module.

Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: 'STOR': command not understood. in /web/www/flatra/html/catalog4/admin/froogle.php on line 348

Has anyone found a solution yet?

THX.

Hi,

I have been doing some reading on this and it seems that the whole contibution is a waste of time, because i have read some forums and google does not support this upload function, Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: 'STOR': command not understood, aparently it needs to be done another format..

Hi,

I have been doing some reading on this and it seems that the whole contibution is a waste of time, because i have read some forums and google does not support this upload function, Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: 'STOR': command not understood, aparently it needs to be done another format..

Not true as I did a little tinkering myself and changed the FTP mode to Binary, double checked that the text file is chmod to 777 and changed the destination file definition in this contrib at the top to:

$destination_file = "lugagelocks.txt";

Reran the feed and got this:

File completed: lugagelocks.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user luggagelocks

Uploaded /home/thebros/public_html/luggagelocks/feeds/luggagelocks.txt to uploads.google.com as lugagelocks.txt

Not true as I did a little tinkering myself and changed the FTP mode to Binary, double checked that the text file is chmod to 777 and changed the destination file definition in this contrib at the top to:

$destination_file = "lugagelocks.txt";

Changing the $destination_file = 'my_file_here_.txt'; line also fixed it for me.

Changing the $destination_file = 'my_file_here_.txt'; line also fixed it for me.

this contrib is very incomplete instruction wise but I did get it to work finally with the dest. tip posted. But, where I used to bat 1000 on froogle uploads now only 26 or so of 290 items are being accepted by google. The rest they got problems with. Anyone else having thsi problem? This contrib pretty much sucks as far as I am concerned.

Hey guys bug fix is now posted here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4385

Just download the full package and replace the admin/ froogle.php, yahoo.php and bizrate.php files with the new ones.

Downloaded this newest version and installed, but when I click the link to store feeds (/admin/feeders.php?selected_box=feeds) I get sent to my 404 page. If I then hit my back button the links for Froogle, Yahoo and Bizrate are available in the navigation column, but they also send me to the Page Not Found.

Yes, those pages are on the server.

Any assistance appreciated.

Just added the new package to my site

When I click on Store Feeds>Froogle I get this error

File completed: Frooglefile

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ftp_connect() in /blah/blah/blah/blah/admin/froogle.php on line 317

Am I missing something? I didnt edit any of the downloaded files

This is the code for starting froogle connection

//Start FTP to Froogle

function ftp_file( $ftpservername, $ftpusername, $ftppassword, $ftpsourcefile, $ftpdirectory, $ftpdestinationfile )
{
// set up basic connection
$conn_id = ftp_connect($ftpservername);
if ( $conn_id == false )
{
echo "FTP open connection failed to $ftpservername <BR>\n";
return false;
}

Edited by Steelworks

Downloaded this newest version and installed, but when I click the link to store feeds (/admin/feeders.php?selected_box=feeds) I get sent to my 404 page. If I then hit my back button the links for Froogle, Yahoo and Bizrate are available in the navigation column, but they also send me to the Page Not Found.

Yes, those pages are on the server.

Any assistance appreciated.

Are you sure you copied the files into the correct place?

The "Catalog" folder means your store folder, just make sure the files from the "admin" folder go into your "admin" folder.

Just added the new package to my site

When I click on Store Feeds>Froogle I get this error

File completed: Frooglefile

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ftp_connect() in /blah/blah/blah/blah/admin/froogle.php on line 317

Am I missing something? I didnt edit any of the downloaded files

This is the code for starting froogle connection

This means for whatever reason that you PHP installation does not include the ftp_connect() function, which all versions of PHP pass 3 should include, so you should contact your hosting and ask why this function is unrecognized.

AFTER THE INSTALL THIS IS WHAT'S COMING UP !!! :(

YAHOO

File completed: data.txt
FTP open connection failed to ftp.productsubmit.adcentral.yahoo.com 

Script timer: 12.138460 seconds.

FROOGLE

File completed: frooglefile.txt
FTP open connection failed to uploads.google.com 

Script timer: 3.091885 seconds.

BIZRATE

FTP open connection failed to ftp.shopzilla.com

CONTRIBUTIONS:

Links Manager For OSC v0.20

This means for whatever reason that you PHP installation does not include the ftp_connect() function, which all versions of PHP pass 3 should include, so you should contact your hosting and ask why this function is unrecognized.

Dave111, I contacted support today and was told that I cannot enable the FTP_connect(). Apparently there is a server restriction. They asked me to ask one of the developers to contact support to try to find a work around for this issue. Not sure if anyone wants to do some bug crushing, but if you are up for it lmk. Ill be happy to connect you with the support team via Live Chat. They seemed interested in finding a solution, more than I.

For now tho, Im still able to generate the Froogle file into the Feeds folder, So I can at least create it and upload it my self manually. $)

Hi

I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me here. I've installed this contribution today (thanks to everyone who adds these contributions).

I didn't understand the instruction: Step 4: CHMOD catalog/feeds to 777 where/what is this setting please?

Ran the froogle feed and received the following errors:

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/***/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 306

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/***/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 307

File completed: frooglefilee.txt

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/***/public_html/admin/froogle.php on line 309

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user ***

Script timer: 4.115686 seconds.

If it helps here are the lines of code mentioned:

Lines 305-309

$fp = fopen( $OutFile , "a" );

$fout = fwrite( $fp , $output );

fclose( $fp );

echo "File completed: " . $destination_file . "<br>\n";

chmod($OutFile, 0777);

Many thanks

Kate

I didn't understand the instruction: Step 4: CHMOD catalog/feeds to 777 where/what is this setting please?

This is your problem, you have to set the "feeds" folder so that it is writable. (In the same way that you had to with the "images" folder)

You can do this with most FTP clients by right clicking on the folder and looking for a "CHMOD" or "Properties" option.

For more info here:

http://www.zzee.com/solutions/chmod-help.shtml#ftp

Oh well, this seems to answer the question I was gonna ask a couple of days ago, ie which of the store feed contributions are the best ones to use :P .

I've installed Automatic Store Feeds v3.0 instead, which seems to all install and run fine. I'm having problems getting the feed to Froogle working, but I suspect this may be more to do with Froogle than the application...

This is your problem, you have to set the "feeds" folder so that it is writable.

I have checked the permissions on the feeds folder and is was already set to 777. Resaved as 777 just to be sure and still the same error.

I'd be very grateful for any other advise as I'd love to get this working.

Many thanks

Kate