• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

no help and replies so far?

tauraus_99

hi im trying to get rid of text that comes on checkout page BEST WAY and FLAT RATE

can anyone please help me , ive changed text title from

catalog/includes/languages/modules/shipping/flat.php

nothing happens it remains there as it is not even any errors comes up? im getting mad please help me!

thanks

You are not providing enough information but if you are seeing capital letters displayed like that it probably means there is a problem in the language files for the modules.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If your just trying to remove it from the shipping page, do this... In Admin, click on Modules, click Shipping, Click Flat Rate, Click edit, at the top it will ask you "Do you want to offer flat rate shipping?" Click FALSE, than click UPDATE at the bottom, repeat on your other rate.

Are you talking about the "BEST WAY" that shows up during checkout as the shipping price lable? If so, I would like to know how to change that too. It would make more sense if it said something like "Shipping" or "Shipping Cost". BEST WAY doesn't explain the purpose of the charge.

Lisa

Are you talking about the "BEST WAY" that shows up during checkout as the shipping price lable? If so, I would like to know how to change that too. It would make more sense if it said something like "Shipping" or "Shipping Cost". BEST WAY doesn't explain the purpose of the charge.

Lisa

Hi Lisa

I would like to know how to change this to Shipping, as the title BEST WAY doesn't make sence to me as I only have one way or free P&P. I have installed the surcharge contribution but haven't enabled it yet, but would only use this for outside UK surcharge fees for P&P.

So any suggestions for this one I would be interested in learning about too. :D

Thanks

Julie

Hello,

I found the files that need to be edited to get rid of Best Way.

catalogue/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping

for MVS installs

Catalogue/includes/languages/english/modules/venders_shipping

Open each file and find 'Best Way' in the code. Change the text within the single quotes.

Example: 'Shipping'

Hope this helps.

Lisa

Hello,

I found the files that need to be edited to get rid of Best Way.

catalogue/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping

for MVS installs

Catalogue/includes/languages/english/modules/venders_shipping

Open each file and find 'Best Way' in the code. Change the text within the single quotes.

Example: 'Shipping'

Hope this helps.

Lisa

Lisa,

That was great!! Thanks. Just following other people hair pulling moments to solve my own! Do you know how to do the same thing with price? For example when you open my store you see different books (I sell books) and they show the book title, picture and the words price followed by the price. I want it to say member price. Any ideas? :blush:

Lisa,

That was great!! Thanks. Just following other people hair pulling moments to solve my own! Do you know how to do the same thing with price? For example when you open my store you see different books (I sell books) and they show the book title, picture and the words price followed by the price. I want it to say member price. Any ideas? :blush:

any idea how to edit the module title like 'flat rate' , 'table rate', 'zone rate', ...?

thanks in advance..

luk

• 3 weeks later...
Lisa,

I can't find the file for price but I am sure with some digging you could find it. That's how I found the shipping text above.

any idea how to edit the module title like 'flat rate' , 'table rate', 'zone rate', ...?

thanks in advance..

luk

If I understand correctly, I think you are wanting to change the title that displays for shipping during checkout.

If you follow the same path as above...

catalogue/includes/languages/english/modules/venders_shipping

Find the file for the shipping module you would like to change.

I'll use flat rate as the example.

Original Code

<?php

/*

$Id: flat.php,v 1.5 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_TITLE', 'Flat Rate');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'Flat Rate');