• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Category Descriptions MS2 1.9 - Problem

I have installed the Category Descriptions MS2 1.9 contrib but the descriptions are not showing up.

I had no errors during installation, I enabled the function in Admin (Incidently the option is listed twice in my admin), I did not install any WYSIWYG editors as I intend to use plain text or html as I do with my product descriptions. I obviously edited a catagory to include a description to test.

I did have some issues during installation in that I am using a TemplateMonster template, I made all the edits to the files indicated in the installation instructions but I had trouble finding the right location for some of the edits so (not an experienced code reader) I had to guess a few.

Has anyone had this problem? If so how did you resolve it?

Also does anyone have a full working copy of the files that need editing indicated in the installation instructions with the edits done so I can compare them to mine.

I really need this contrib working as i'm selling PC Components and need to add compatability information to the catagory description.

Please, please, please help.

Edited by muttsnuts

I have installed the Category Descriptions MS2 1.9 contrib but the descriptions are not showing up.

Please, please, please help.

I can't even find version 1.9. The latest version that I can find is 1.04...and I'm struggling with that one, basically because the instructions assume a knowledge of PHP that don't have. Where did you get the version that you are trying to implement?

FMP

I can't even find version 1.9. The latest version that I can find is 1.04...and I'm struggling with that one, basically because the instructions assume a knowledge of PHP that don't have. Where did you get the version that you are trying to implement?

FMP

Visit the contribution page "Category Descriptions Contrib" and down the list you will see the 1.9 version.