• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

International postage price is 10% short

Paula Moss

Everything is working on my site except the international postage price. It is short exactly 10% or the same price as the GST tax. My GST is working fine for domestic postage.

Would someone help me please? This is the last hurdle I have to overcome.

Have you defined GST for other countries?

In my "Tax Zones" I have "Australia Zones" and "Other". Under "Other" I have my list of countries. I have to have that there or else the shipping options for the international countries won't show in my cart.

In "Tax Classes" I have "GST"

In "Tax Rates" I have "Australia Zones" with the tax class being GST and the tax rate as being 10%.

If you want to apply 10% tax to other countries, add another tax rate as 10% with tax class as "GST" and tax zone as "Others". So there will be 2 tax rates for the same class..... one for "australia Zone" and the other for international "Others"

If you want to apply 10% tax to other countries, add another tax rate as 10% with tax class as "GST" and tax zone as "Others". So there will be 2 tax rates for the same class..... one for "australia Zone" and the other for international "Others"

I don't want to add tax for the other countries. Items being bought from customers outside of Australia can not be charged GST.

I just want my international postage charges to reflect the correct postage. But, for some reason it is showing up short 10%, exactly what the GST would be on the postage.

Hmmm...I just noticed something on my domestic order confirmation page. The GST is being added to the subtotal (which is good), the postage (good!) AND the handling fee (NOT GOOD!).

Boy, oh boy, this is giving me a headache!! :(

Can you show me the code in your domestic and shipping method files?

It's fixed now. Thank you!! Was just a minor thing. My Configuration -> My Store ? Display prices with tax was set to false. Have now set it to true.