• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[PLEASE CONFIRM WHAT I THINK TO KNOW]

Hi to everybody, I have to admit I'm completely new to OSC.

I'm quite good in PHP programming and I'm setting up a version of OSC for a sport shop.

I checked QTPRO and ATTRIBUTE SETS PLUS and both lack of some important features.

What I need is the possibility to create a GLOBAL set of attributes (let say MAN SIZES [s,m,l,xl] and shoes [6 to 12], WOMEN SIZES [s,m,l,xl] and shoes [6 to 10] and KIDS)

I'd like to create the sets only once and then have the possibility to associate them to a new added product (obviously at inserting moment), then I want to set quantities for every option in the sets (relative to that product only)

Last I need to update the qty of a single option in a product *set* every time I want (the shop also sell to public) and at the same time quantities ha to be decreased from options as a customer buys that size.

I searched this forum, OSC contributes and googled too, but what I've understood is that this is one of the lacks of OSC. I just want to know if I'm true or if exists what I'm looking for.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

If you've looked at QTPro you'll know that's what it does, I'm thinking about editing the stock.php file to show input-boxes for all possible attribute-combinations rather than setting each combo with drop-downs cos it's flippin' tedious that way! (One of my products has 5 sizes and 10 colours, I know others will have wider variations too) If you've got experience with PHP you'll probably beat me to it *grin*

The attribute set thing is something I haven't looked at, I don't have anything that has the same range of attributes. I *think* the AJAX attribute manager contribution includes the ability to use sets, or 'templates' but I also know it was under reconstruction so i don't know the state of play there. I really like it as a 'gizmo' :)

Hope you find what you want...

I *think* the AJAX attribute manager contribution includes the ability to use sets, or 'templates' but I also know it was under reconstruction so i don't know the state of play there. I really like it as a 'gizmo' :)

Hope you find what you want...

yes...and it works wonderfully so far. I just need to go to my products attributes... create the attributes once... and then right in the catalog when adding a product you have a menu that's added by Ajax Attribute Manager in which you can create "templates" or set of an attribute.

for example, you can go to products attribute and create option SIZE then in option value you would create s, m, l, xl and so forth... now instead of adding those attributes one buy one on the product attribute page... I go to my catalog and create my item and there I add my attributes... the first time you create your template and all the other times, you just need to pick the template you want to add.

contrary to you... I know nothing, zilch, nada about programming but that one is very easy to manage... but I think you will still need to add something to manage quantities

hope this helps a bit :blush: