• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Struggling with Protx Form Contribution

simoss

I've installed Protx Form Payment v1.09 and the fix for "success redirection error" and the protx "redirect to checkout process problem" - and I'm worried. The first time I install it, it works perfectly. After that, it seems to stop working - after successfully going through Protx I'm returned to various pages - sometimes the login page, most often the checkout_payment.php page, but at the Payment Information stage rather than the confirmation stage.

The site is due to go live asap - and I've been pulling my hair out. Can anyone suggest what I might have missed? The fact that it does work once or twice before it stops working is particularly confusing. I'd appreciate any help or pointers you can give me.

I'm not sure about the protx form module but can recomment the Protx Direct module. It looks much more professional as customers do not need to leave your site. The only downside is that it requires curl (most servers have this - look in server info in the admin area) and SSL (you really should have SSL if you are taking any customer details even if only name and address - people don't trust non-secure sites).

HTH,

Tom

I'm not sure about the protx form module but can recomment the Protx Direct module. It looks much more professional as customers do not need to leave your site. The only downside is that it requires curl (most servers have this - look in server info in the admin area) and SSL (you really should have SSL if you are taking any customer details even if only name and address - people don't trust non-secure sites).

HTH,

Tom

Hi Tom - thanks for your reply.

Sorry for posting the quote - I'm new to this.... <_<

I take your point about using SSL, and I'll look into using Protx Direct. Are there any issues with using this, other than ensuring that the host offers curl?

Does anyone currently use the Protx form module?

I'll let you know what I go with in the end - once again - thanks for your help!

Simon

SSL & cURL are the only requirements. For it to work you need to add your server IP address into the Protx admin (The module provides a "Sever IP test" mode to help with this).

I use the direct module on my production site without any issues.

Good luck - any probs let me know.

Tom