• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there a contribution for paid downloads??

pgmakr05

My client is wanting to put music/videos/misc media on his webpage. Say each song or video costs a dollar then it takes you to a link where they can download that specific file. How do I go about doing this?? Is there a contribution?

We do have other products that are not downloadable that we send out for future reference. Any suggestions?

Edited by pgmakr05

I found a script that I THINK is for what I am talking about. They refer to mp3's specifically for this contribution but it says that it would make all my products the same for being able to be downloaded. We have alot of products that are not downloadable. Still no idea on what to do....

• 2 months later...
I found a script that I THINK is for what I am talking about. They refer to mp3's specifically for this contribution but it says that it would make all my products the same for being able to be downloaded. We have alot of products that are not downloadable. Still no idea on what to do....

Well, back when I had some eBooks selling on eBay, it was setup so as soon as you paid, you got a link to a secret file that you downloaded. All I did was protect the hidden directory so that nobody could see what else was stored in it. I've heard that somewhere in OSC Admin you can set it up so when your clients d/l digital products you can set a limit of 2-3 times.

Doctor Mason, World's #1 "Temporary Webmaster"

Well, back when I had some eBooks selling on eBay, it was setup so as soon as you paid, you got a link to a secret file that you downloaded. All I did was protect the hidden directory so that nobody could see what else was stored in it. I've heard that somewhere in OSC Admin you can set it up so when your clients d/l digital products you can set a limit of 2-3 times.

It's easy, and can all be handled in the admin panel. Consult the osCommerce PDF manual for instructions on how to sell any type of file as downloadable goods. (Basically, it's a three step process: turn on the "sell downloads" option in the admin panel; add your product to the catalog; assign the downloadable file to the product in the product attributes section). Again, consult the PDF manual for detailed instructions.