• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sales Tax Not Being Entered

osmyrna

Hello,

I've got everything pretty well set up, but I just got an order in from my home state and it didn't have the sales tax entered. So I went through the instructions and re-did everything in the admin, but I still can't get any sales tax to enter. Is there something else I need to do? I've searched, but this doesn't seem to be a common problem. I did install PWA modifications - could this be affecting anything? I tried both the PWA page and the regular account page, and it didn't charge tax on either. Help?

Osmyrna

Er, no. I just discovered that was the problem and am now trying to find out how to fix it through the database, since I've entered 635 products so far. Sigh. Can help?

Osmyrna

use the following SQL query:

UPDATE products SET `products_tax_class_id` = '1' WHERE 1

Assuming you only have one tax class. If you have more than one you will have to change `products_tax_class_id` = '1' accordingly. Where 1 = the tax class ID.

it maybe in your best interest to change the default value of "products_tax_class_id' in the products table.

ALTER TABLE `products` CHANGE `products_tax_class_id` `products_tax_class_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'

this query will make it so all tax class id's are automatically 1 by default.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just so you do not run into that problem in the future. Ther is a mod called Default Product Tax Class which works great in case you forget to assign a tax class to products. It will automatically use the Tax Class you define during checkout. It should have been included in oscommerce but I think it came out after osc release.

Contribution: Default Product Tax Class

Easy to install.