Feedmachine

lech

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay continuing on this topic

I have uncommented the chdir but now I am back to the original error of

The SAVE_LOCATION directory: feeds/ does not exist in /home/mobiacc/public_html/. Please create this directory or change the path to an existing directory

The feeds folder is in the root of my store (I dont have a catalog folder) and the permissions are set to 777

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Ok, pm me your catalog configuration configure.php, but get rid of your passwords at the bottom - i don't want to see those.

This probably has something to do with the way you configured it to run from the htdocs root dir instead of a catalog dir (I have this set-up as well, so it will work fine).

Lech

No, define('SAVE_LOCATION', 'home/mobileac/public_html/feeds/'); wouldn't work since this is the absolute path to feeds. If all else fails you can find $save_path and set it to

$save_path = '/home/mobileac/public_html/feeds/';

But it is worth first investigating, because the failure may be symptomatic of a fault in your configuration file.

your configure.php looks fine.

put this:

echo DIR_FS_CATALOG . SAVE_LOCATION;

right below:

define('SAVE_LOCATION', 'feeds/');

run the script and tell me what the output is.

Lech

Edited by lech

I changed the $save_path as suggested and it generated the feed files with the correct image path (now that I the chdir is back to what it should be).

However when uploading the feed to googlebase it now gives the error that 'Feed parameter error: Required field must not be blank'

Urgh!

Mark

Ok this is what is echo'd after adding that echo after the require:

/home/mobiacc/public_html/SAVE_LOCATIONThe SAVE_LOCATION directory: feeds/ does not exist in /home/mobiacc/public_html/. Please create this directory or change the path to an existing directory

hmmm

Mark

yeah sorry, the

echo DIR_FS_CATALOG . SAVE_LOCATION;

was suppose to be after:

define('SAVE_LOCATION', 'feeds/');

edited the post but you were too quick.

That is very interesting...

Add this below define('SAVE_LOCATION', 'feeds/');

echo '/home/mobileac/public_html/feeds/<br>';

echo DIR_FS_CATALOG . SAVE_LOCATION . '<br>';

echo ( DIR_FS_CATALOG . SAVE_LOCATION ) === '/home/mobileac/public_html/feeds/' ? 'yes' : 'no';

And let me know what the output is.

RE the feed that was generated: did you modify my original froogle configuration? If so try it first with the original setup - I know for sure this works.

Lech

GOT IT

/home/mobileac/public_html/

and

/home/mobiacc/public_html/

Slight difference No??? Looks like you did make a mistake in your catalog configuration.

Edited by lech

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I run the script?

Do I visit www.mysite.com/admin/feedmachine-release-v1-00 where the script is located?

If so I just get forwarded to my front page (after having to type in my password etc.).

Edited by amigaman

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I run the script?

Do I visit www.mysite.com/admin/feedmachine-release-v1-00 where the script is located?

If so I just get forwarded to my front page (after having to type in my password etc.).

EDIT: Get it to run, but it just forwards me to the front page. Nothing seems to happen, no feed are in the feed folder.

Hi Lech,

Well spotted that man! :) I totally did not notice that (after 2 years of running and modding the store hehe)

Now the only problem is that the big G does not recognise the one of the fields ie

'We did not understand that.

Feed parameter error: Required field must not be blank'

Amigaman, that happened to me and all I did was add the define in catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php

Mark

EDIT: Get it to run, but it just forwards me to the front page. Nothing seems to happen, no feed are in the feed folder.

Its feedmachine-release-v1-00.php

don't forget the .php. I don't see why you should be fowarded to the front page.

Edited by lech

Hi Lech,

Well spotted that man! :) I totally did not notice that (after 2 years of running and modding the store hehe)

Now the only problem is that the big G does not recognise the one of the fields ie

Amigaman, that happened to me and all I did was add the define in catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php

Mark

Does froogle give any other info? Which field is left blank? (As I remember it froogle gives detailed info).

If froogle is not giving you the feedback as it should, try finding the problem by elimination: first delete all but one line from the feed and see if froogle excepts this. If it does, try the first half of the feed... and keep halfing untill you isolate the offending record(s).

The feed you sent me looks very good. You have some nice long descriptions (these may actually have to be cut down for the feed if froogle has a size limit on the description field - I haven't put in this feature because I don't need it but it would be easy to add as an "option" if required).

Although the feed specification works fine for me as it is (uploaded successfully about a week ago), it does not conform the the new google-base spec: the field names are different to the new "official" ones:

http://www.google.co.uk/base/help/tab_instructions.html

Try changing the field names to the official ones (# title

# description

# link

# image link

# id ). (worth a try).

Do some investigating in the feed file generated, you should find the answer. I will have a closer look when I have time.

Good luck

This might sound daft but you do have a feeds directory in the public_html directory and set the chmod to 777 ?

Ive just tried this and it works, just waiting to see if froogle, now google base accepts the feed all ok

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

Does froogle give any other info? Which field is left blank? (As I remember it froogle gives detailed info).

If froogle is not giving you the feedback as it should, try finding the problem by elimination: first delete all but one line from the feed and see if froogle excepts this. If it does, try the first half of the feed... and keep halfing untill you isolate the offending record(s).

The feed you sent me looks very good. You have some nice long descriptions (these may actually have to be cut down for the feed if froogle has a size limit on the description field - I haven't put in this feature because I don't need it but it would be easy to add as an "option" if required).

Although the feed specification works fine for me as it is (uploaded successfully about a week ago), it does not conform the the new google-base spec: the field names are different to the new "official" ones:

http://www.google.co.uk/base/help/tab_instructions.html

Try changing the field names to the official ones (# title

# description

# link

# image link

# id ). (worth a try).

Do some investigating in the feed file generated, you should find the answer. I will have a closer look when I have time.

Good luck

Hi Lech,

Ok I have tried as you suggest but it still does not work, the problems still occur and for the time being until this is resolved I have had to revert back to my other froogle feed file which still has errors but at least most of my products get listed.

If you do manage to resolve the issues then please let me know as I really like this contrib.

Thanks

Mark

when I ran the script on my site I got all these errors, all I did was add a "feeds" folder to my main directory and made it 777

Warning: fopen(/home/smacgil2/public_html/feeds/froogle-feed.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/smacgil2/public_html/admin/feedmachine-release-v1-00.php on line 475

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/smacgil2/public_html/admin/feedmachine-release-v1-00.php on line 476

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/smacgil2/public_html/admin/feedmachine-release-v1-00.php on line 477

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/smacgil2/public_html/admin/feedmachine-release-v1-00.php on line 478

Warning: fopen(/home/smacgil2/public_html/feeds/shopping.com.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/smacgil2/public_html/admin/feedmachine-release-v1-00.php on line 475

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/smacgil2/public_html/admin/feedmachine-release-v1-00.php on line 476

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/smacgil2/public_html/admin/feedmachine-release-v1-00.php on line 477

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/smacgil2/public_html/admin/feedmachine-release-v1-00.php on line 478

Warning: fopen(/home/smacgil2/public_html/feeds/kelkoo.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/smacgil2/public_html/admin/feedmachine-release-v1-00.php on line 475

feeds created.

I installed this on a highly customized site with no problems, this new site is very vanilla so I dont know whats wrong with it

I've noticed with one host that changing file permissions takes time to come into effect. Try again shortly.

Otherwise, examine closely the differences between this site and the other one. The only error you need to worry about is the first:

"Warning: fopen(/home/smacgil2/public_html/feeds/froogle-feed.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/smacgil2/public_html/admin/feedmachine-release-v1-00.php on line 475"

The rest are a consequence of this.

Good luck

Just to clarify what I said about "examine closely the differences..." so that you don't waste time. This error has nothing to do with the set-up of osCommerce - it is simply this function failing.

Write a short script trying to write a file and you will almost certainly get the same error.

Lech

I've noticed with one host that changing file permissions takes time to come into effect. Try again shortly.

Otherwise, examine closely the differences between this site and the other one. The only error you need to worry about is the first:

"Warning: fopen(/home/smacgil2/public_html/feeds/froogle-feed.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/smacgil2/public_html/admin/feedmachine-release-v1-00.php on line 475"

The rest are a consequence of this.

Good luck

Thanks, I tried again and it gave me the same error. I ran this on another site hosted by a different company and everything worked out perfectly. So I dont know whats wrong here.

I didn't change anything in the feedmachine-release-v1-00.php file so I don't know how it could be that, all my sites (3) are using the stock version from the contrib

Hi Lech,

First off, great contrib:D Secondly can you help me. Im trying to create a google base feed but struggling. Im not quite sure how I would call the manufacturer and the model no from the DB for the feed.

I've been playing but getting no where fast, can anyone please help? This is what Im working on. Excuse the repeat code as im testing

$feeds[] = array('filename' => 'googlebase-feed.txt',

'fields' => array('title' => array('name' => 'products_name',

'type' => 'DB',

'options' => array('HTML_ENTITIES')

),

'description' => array('name' => 'products_description',

'type' => 'DB',

'options' => array('STRIP_HTML', 'HTML_ENTITIES', 'STRIP_CRLF')

),

'link' => array('name' => 'FEED_PRODUCTS_URL',

'type' => 'KEYWORD'

),

'Imagelink' => array('name' => 'FEED_IMAGE_URL',

'type' => 'KEYWORD'

),

'ID' => array('name' => 'products_id',

'type' => 'DB'

),

'expiration' => array('name' => 'BLANK',

'type' => 'KEYWORD'

),

'label' => array('name' => 'BLANK',

'type' => 'KEYWORD'

),

'manufacturer' => array('name' => 'if( preg_match(\'#saul anthony#i\', $product[\'products_name\']) ) $output_field_value = \'Saul Anthony\'; elseif( preg_match(\'#simply wedds#i\', $product[\'products_name\']) ) $output_field_value = \'Simply Wedds\'; else $output_field_value = \'\';',

'type' => 'LOGIC',

),

'manufacturer2' => array('name' => 'manufacturers_name',

'type' => 'KEYWORD'

),

'manufacturer_id' => array('name' => '$output_field_value = substr($product[\'products_model\'], 1) . \';\' . $product[\'products_model\'];',

'type' => 'LOGIC'

),

'name' => array('name' => 'products_name',

'type' => 'DB',

'options' => array('HTML_ENTITIES')

),

'description' => array('name' => 'products_description',

'type' => 'DB',

'options' => array('STRIP_HTML', 'HTML_ENTITIES', 'STRIP_CRLF')

),

'price' => array('name' => 'FEED_PRICE_WITH_TAX',

'type' => 'KEYWORD'

),

'image_url' => array('name' => 'FEED_IMAGE_URL',

'type' => 'KEYWORD'

),

'category' => array('name' => 'FEED_CATEGORY',

'type' => 'KEYWORD',

),

'offer_id' => array('name' => 'products_id',

'type' => 'DB'

)

),

'language_id' => 1,

'add_field_names' => true, //Whether to start the feed file with the output field names on the first line

'category_output_type' => 2,

'category_seperator' => '>',

'seperator' => "\t",

'text_qualifier' => '',

'newline' => "\n",

'encoding' => 'utf8'

);

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up