• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedmachine

lech

The things you tried were wrong, but it wouldn't have worked even if you got it right because the manufacturers and manufacturers_info table are not currently loaded in the main query.

I have amended the query to make the fields from these tables available in the feed specification. PM me your email address and I will send you the latest version of the script - if it works correctly I will add the newest version on the contributions page (I don't use any manufacturers and although this addition is pretty straight forward I want it tested before I upload it).

When you have the script, what you want to do set the type to DB and name to the field you want (I'm guessing, "manufacturers_name").

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thats a quick reply and no mistake. I did get it to work, dont ask me how but it works. Ill send you the file via PM of what I've done. Dont want to post it here just yet till things are tested, like you said :D

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

Hi

First off, thank you for the contribution.

I'm not getting any responses after running the script, and files are not being saved to my feeds directory.

I assume that running the script is typing the path to the feedmachines-release-v1-03.php path. Once I do this, I'm getting my index page.

Where might I be going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently going through the code as I'm aiming to write a feed for edirectory. Although the examples don't mention edirectory, I'm curious why this piece of code is in the file (around line 454):

if( $cur_feed['filename'] == 'edirectory.txt' && !is_null($product['products_attributes_id']) ) continue;

If the feed file name is edirectory and the product has attributes, then it's not included in the feed ... does anybody know why? I understand the that edirectory has a specific attribute structure (size / colour / weight etc.) but I don't quite understand why a product would be left out rather than e.g. be included without attributes.

Any info would be great! Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

I'm currently going through the code as I'm aiming to write a feed for edirectory. Although the examples don't mention edirectory, I'm curious why this piece of code is in the file (around line 454):

if( $cur_feed['filename'] == 'edirectory.txt' && !is_null($product['products_attributes_id']) ) continue;

If the feed file name is edirectory and the product has attributes, then it's not included in the feed ... does anybody know why? I understand the that edirectory has a specific attribute structure (size / colour / weight etc.) but I don't quite understand why a product would be left out rather than e.g. be included without attributes.

Any info would be great! Terra

That line should have been removed for the release version (it is from our in-house version which has more sophisticated handling that is not suitable for release). Feel free to remove it: it will be gone in the next version.

If you need help setting up for edirectory, pm me.

Lech

Edited by lech

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.costulessmattress.com/public_ht...furniture/feeds

the install is looking for this

The SAVE_LOCATION directory: feeds/ does not exist in /home/costules/public_html/. Please create this directory or change the path to an existing directory

Where and How do i change the path ? :(

CONTRIBUTIONS:

Links Manager For OSC v0.20

What i;m trying to say is that my feeds folders is right here:

www.costulessmattress.com//public_html/julianofurniture/feeds

and i just want to change the path for the install

The SAVE_LOCATION directory: feeds/ does not exist in /home/costules/public_html/. Please create this directory or change the path to an existing directory

CONTRIBUTIONS:

Links Manager For OSC v0.20

I have a problem with this contribution.

Everything seems allright, but the files generated are empty. Two of them have the header line, but the kelkoo file is completly empty. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Im having a problem with the feedmachine.... im wondering how anyone has got past this?

a) upon running it doesnt export all products I have 215, but when importing into excel, ive only got 77

B) I use a html wysiwyg to enter the products description,

Cube Stools		A modern cube stool with either flat or cross pattern Italian pony hair. These would compliment all the Le Corbusier or Joseph Hoffman suites.  Material: Semi-aniline dyed top grain leather upholstery.   Dimensions: H: 47cm x D: 47cm x W : 47cm	   	     

will this display ok within froogle?

Also is there anyway to exlclude categories with this contrib?

If you need help setting up for edirectory, pm me.

Just to say thank you for releasing the contribution - took a bit of time to get it right for edirectory, as the site uses multiple attributes with price changes, so I cannibalised QTPro and your Feedmachine for ideas. All working now though, and your contrib was a great starting place!

PS: I also noticed that there is a reference to a master language id which isn't actually specified anywhere - maybe a leftover from previous coding. doesn't create any errors though. The code is:

foreach( $feeds as $feed ) {
 if( isset($feed_common_lang) ) {
if( $feed['language_id'] !== $feed_common_lang ) {
  $feed_common_lang = false;
  break;
}
 }
 else {
$feed_common_lang = $feed['language_id'];
 }
}

and as far as I can see $feed_common_lang isn't actually specified in the file.

Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

What i;m trying to say is that my feeds folders is right here:

www.costulessmattress.com//public_html/julianofurniture/feeds

and i just want to change the path for the install

Did you read the file? Line 41-46:

/*
Save Location Relative to Catalog Directory
Create a directory in your catalog directory for your product feed files, ensure its writable and set SAVE_LOCATION
below to the name of this directory followed by a foward slash (/)
*/
define('SAVE_LOCATION', 'feeds/');

PS: the feedmachine is in my opinion really only suitable for programers who know PHP - it's like a blueprint, but you will need your own knowledge to get the best out of it.

all the best, Terra

Hi

I installed, but got this error:

: SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://www.hayshop.net/product_info.php?products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, products_weight, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * 1,2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.hayshop.nethttp://www.hayshop.net/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id AND products.products_status != 0 AND products.products_price != 0 AND products.products_price != '' ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

What I done wrong?

I have a problem with this contribution.

Everything seems allright, but the files generated are empty. Two of them have the header line, but the kelkoo file is completly empty. Any ideas?

If anyone else has this problem: it was due to an incorrect language id being used for the feeds.

Just to say thank you for releasing the contribution - took a bit of time to get it right for edirectory, as the site uses multiple attributes with price changes, so I cannibalised QTPro and your Feedmachine for ideas. All working now though, and your contrib was a great starting place!

PS: I also noticed that there is a reference to a master language id which isn't actually specified anywhere - maybe a leftover from previous coding. doesn't create any errors though. The code is:

foreach( $feeds as $feed ) {
 if( isset($feed_common_lang) ) {
if( $feed['language_id'] !== $feed_common_lang ) {
  $feed_common_lang = false;
  break;
}
 }
 else {
$feed_common_lang = $feed['language_id'];
 }
}

and as far as I can see $feed_common_lang isn't actually specified in the file.

Terra

See line 154.

Hi

I installed, but got this error:

: SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://www.hayshop.net/product_info.php?products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, products_weight, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * 1,2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.hayshop.nethttp://www.hayshop.net/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id AND products.products_status != 0 AND products.products_price != 0 AND products.products_price != '' ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

What I done wrong?

Are you sure you are using feedmachine?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there

Everything was working brillinatly with this contrib until I installed STS now with STS on nothing happens. If I turn it off I get the following error

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home2/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/feeds/froogle-feed.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ollyno1:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 243

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home2/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/feeds/froogle-feed.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ollyno1:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 263

Warning: fopen(/home2/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/feeds/froogle-feed.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 263

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 264

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 265

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home2/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/feeds/froogle-feed.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ollyno1:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 266

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home2/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/feeds/shopping.com.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ollyno1:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 243

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home2/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/feeds/shopping.com.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ollyno1:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 263

Warning: fopen(/home2/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/feeds/shopping.com.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 263

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 264

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 265

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home2/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/feeds/shopping.com.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ollyno1:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 266

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home2/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/feeds/kelkoo.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ollyno1:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 243

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home2/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/feeds/kelkoo.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ollyno1:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 263

Warning: fopen(/home2/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/feeds/kelkoo.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 263

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home2/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/feeds/kelkoo.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ollyno1:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/ollyno1/public_html/ollyno1/admin/feedmachine.php on line 266

Can anyone help?

Mhh - I'm having a problem with feeds for very large databases. I've installed the feed script on a site with a 40MB database, memory limit is 32MB. It works okay for around 10,000 products but then script times out & stops. Normally I'd recommend to increase memory limit, but 32MB seems pretty high to me anyway (most sites I've set up have 8MB).

My questions: Has anybody else encountered this issue with large databases? Did I just do some sloppy coding to cause this problem? Or is there a way to split large uploads into junks?

PS: the feed is for Froogle, in one language. Feed Machine has been slightly simplified as I only need one feed and an FTP function has been added - all works fine up to 10,000 products (which creates a 3MB txt file), but then it starts timing out (script just stops, blank screen, no output file).

Any help appreciated! Terra

40MB should be fine.

Mhh - had another thought .. max_execution_time is currently at the default 30 seconds ... this could probably throw a spanner in the works? Will try ini_set() and increase if the host allows. Terra

PS: has "max_input_time" anything do with generating script / uploading to Google?

Edited by Terra

Okay - problem sorted. Just to give an update: had to increase memory_limit to 64M and max_execution_time to 600 seconds. Did this via ini_set() and as the site is on its own dedicated server, there's no hassle with hosting provider / shared server environment. Script takes around 5/6 minutes to run for a database of over 25,000 products. Terra

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just updated to the latest release of FeedMachine however when the feed is generated all the prices appear as 0.00.

Any thoughts as to why?

Thanks

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!