• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedmachine

lech

hello guys.. im really stuck in here.. if someone here can post the configuration required for kelkoo feed?

the specifications which kelkoo feed requires are :

http://www.kelkoo.co.uk/content/general/techspec/tech_spec.html

so if someone can tell me how to configure feedmachine to generate file for kelkoo!

please i need it urgent!!

i'll be thankfull to ya guys!

thanks in advance!

outside links are not allowed in signatures

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I seem to be having trouble getting the keyword FEED_FINAL_PRICE_WITH_TAX to add the VAT correctly on. The text file is currently only outputting the EX VAT price with that keyword.

In addition, is there any way to include the lowest shipping costs available to the customer in the feed or is that something that could only be worked out at checkout?

Thanks!

Make sure the currency and iso country code are UK:

'currency_code' => 'GBP',

and

'countries_iso_2' => 'GB',

in feedmachine_config.php

Love from Myles

I've installed this contribution.

When I run it from admin, it seems to work:

languages array built

currencies array built

taxes array built

countries array built

categories array built

feed configurations checked... output begun.

products array built

products attributes array built

feed generation in process...

done.

However, I saw on another thread about setting up the accounts in admin\configuration from the admin control panel - but I don't have that link - am I missing something?

I have checked which files are output - I get:

froogle-compressed.txt.gz - which I can't open

google-product-search.txt

I thought this also did Kelkoo etc

I'm sure I must need to put account information somewhere - sorry if I'm being unbelievably thick.

If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it as I think this contrib will do just what I'm looking for - the only problem is me!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
hello guys.. im really stuck in here.. if someone here can post the configuration required for kelkoo feed?

the specifications which kelkoo feed requires are :

http://www.kelkoo.co.uk/content/general/techspec/tech_spec.html

so if someone can tell me how to configure feedmachine to generate file for kelkoo!

please i need it urgent!!

i'll be thankfull to ya guys!

thanks in advance!

any help here please?

outside links are not allowed in signatures

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help with configuration for edirectory. I have been creating successful feeds for them for the last year, but with no attributes. I am using a modded version of creloaded and can't figure out how to create the correct attribute structure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Also in case anyone else has run into this problem, I have just spoken to Google and if you are running two feeds (ie one for the UK and one for the US) then each product in each feed will need a unique ID or one set of products only will be searchable. ie. if on one feed the product ID is 31, then on the other, the same product ID should be 31US (or something else different).

Hope this helps.

John

www.pulsebeauty.co.uk

• 5 weeks later...

encountered the error below - please help

languages array built

currencies array built

taxes array built

countries array built

categories array built

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')

AND p.products_status = 1

ORDER BY p.pr

SELECT COUNT(*) as count

FROM products p LEFT JOIN products_description pd ON p.products_id = pd.products_id

LEFT JOIN manufacturers m ON p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id

LEFT JOIN manufacturers_info mi ON m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id AND pd.language_id = mi.languages_id

LEFT JOIN products_to_categories ptc ON pd.products_id = ptc.products_id

LEFT JOIN specials s ON ptc.products_id = s.products_id

LEFT JOIN categories c ON ptc.categories_id = c.categories_id

LEFT JOIN categories_description cd ON c.categories_id = cd.categories_id AND pd.language_id = cd.language_id

WHERE pd.language_id IN(1, )

AND p.products_status = 1

ORDER BY p.products_id

I have nested categories for products (3 categories deep ie: Motherboards => Asus => AMD) and I need to output just the root (Motherboards) category.

In my feedmachine_config file, I have:

'product category' => array('name' => 'FEED_CATEGORY',

'type' => 'KEYWORD',

'options' => array('STRIP_HTML', 'HTML_ENTITIES', 'STRIP_CRLF')

and below that I have:

'category_output_type' => 3,

The csv created always shows "Asus" as the category field, although it should display the parent "Motherboards" category.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? It seems that my category won't change types even when I set the category_output_type var to different values.

Thanks!

Follow up here.. I believe that the problem starts in the config file here:

'product_type' => array('name' => 'categories_name',

'type' => 'DB', 'options' => array('STRIP_HTML', 'HTML_ENTITIES', 'STRIP_CRLF')

If the 'type' is set to DB the feedmachine.php doesn't even take the 'category_output_type' variable into account. See here in feedmachine.php:

foreach( $cur_feed['fields'] as $output_field_name=>$db_field ) {

$output_field_value = '';

switch( $db_field['type'] ) {

case 'DB':

$output_field_value = $product[$db_field['name']];

break;

case 'KEYWORD':

$output_field_value = field_generator($db_field['name']);

break;

It must be set to KEYWORD to run through the code that accounts for 'category_output_type', otherwise it just used the product_to_category table to get the bottom level category. Now that I've made that change the program produces nothing in the category column. I'll keep working on this issue as I have to have it fixed.

-chief

Edited by chief

Follow up here.. I believe that the problem starts in the config file here:

'product_type' => array('name' => 'categories_name',

'type' => 'DB', 'options' => array('STRIP_HTML', 'HTML_ENTITIES', 'STRIP_CRLF')

Alright, found the issue. If you change the 'type' to 'DB' you also need to change the 'name' to 'FEED_CATEGORY' so it should look like this:

'product_type' => array('name' => 'FEED_CATEGORY',

'type' => 'KEYWORD',

'options' => array('STRIP_HTML', 'HTML_ENTITIES', 'STRIP_CRLF')

That should enable the use of the 'category_output_type' variable.

-chief

• 4 months later...

Sorry for resurrecting the dead...hopefully someone can still help me out!

I'm trying to add a URL to image section on my data feed for Share a Sale...but:

Our database doesn't use a specific field for product_url, but luckily the product image filenames are the same as the products_model field names in the DB. So, my idea is to use a static directory and then use a variable to match each product's picture with the correct product model.

For example:

I have product A, model number 123 (DB field product_model). The image is located at /images/ and the filename is the model number (123...or the same as DB field product_model).

How do I incorporate this idea into the code. This is what I tried, but it didn't work...it just printed the variable $xb after the URL

(feedmachine_config.php)

[b]$xb = "products_model";[/b]
$feeds[] = array('name' => 'Share A Sale Affiliate Product Feed',
			 'filename' => 'share-a-sale.txt',
			 'fields' => array('URL to image'	   =>   array('name' => 'http://www.home.com/productimages/[b]$xb[/b]',
																  'type' => 'VALUE'
																				 ),

Please let me know if my description of the problem is too confusing to understand

Edited by marcelotronics

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm trying to add the manufacturer name to the start of the item name in my feed. So, instead of just "cornflakes" the item name will read "Kellog's cornflakes".

I image this is a pretty simple edit to feedmachne_config.php, but can't seem to make it work. Can anybody help please?

I run a developer customised version of feedmachine.php which has operated very successfully for many months. Unfortunately, and out-of-the-blue this has suddenly stopped working and is issuing the following error messages:

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/data01/my.domain/public_html/feeds/google_base.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/data01/my.domain:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /data02/my.domain/public_html/admin/feedmachine.php on line 578

where "my.domain" is our actual live domain. This error repeats with every statement that contains the fxx series of commands e,g, "fopen" The problem appears to be related to the following statement:

$fp = fopen($file, 'a');
$fwrite = fwrite($fp, $output[$cur_feed_id]);
fclose($fp);
chmod($file, 0777);
}

On speaking with my hosting provider, they advise that the "fxx series" of commands compromises the shared hosting platform and has always been prohibited by them. There is no explanation forthcoming as to whey it has worked in the past, but then I wasn't expecting a rational response to this question from them. Their only suggestion was to use a command called "cURL" and find someone to amend the php code accordingly. The cPanel Error log is below:

[Tue Jul 29 18:10:24 2008] [error] PHP Warning: chmod() [<a href='function.chmod'>function.chmod</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/data01/my.domain/public_html/feeds/kelkoo.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/data01/my'domain:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /data02/my.domain/public_html/admin/feedmachine.php on line 576

If this is true then I can be the only person who has encountered this problem. Is there any way of addressing this problem? This is slightly desperate problem as without feedmachine.php we have no feeds and as a result, not a lot of business!

Kind regards,

Julian Sadler

Hi,

I'm trying to add the manufacturer name to the start of the item name in my feed. So, instead of just "cornflakes" the item name will read "Kellog's cornflakes".

I image this is a pretty simple edit to feedmachne_config.php, but can't seem to make it work. Can anybody help please?

Set field type to 'LOGIC' and name to '$output_field_value = $product[\'manufacturers_name\'] . \' \' . $product[\'products_name\'] ;'

Untested, but should work.

hi.. i'm having the tax problem,.. prices are exclusive of tax (vat).

How can i fix it? i've set currency to gbp and iso to gb.

Anyone?

I am working from memory now, but I believe these codes are case-sensitive so try uppercase. Otherwise, ensure that the store's country and zone is set correctly. (The problem is probably associated to the tax differences between the mainland and the channel islands.) Feedmachine will apply taxes that are set for all zones in a country and, if the country is that of the store, the tax associated to the store's zone if applicable. Ensure you have the newest version of Feedmachine: the latest beta has proved to be ok.

Sorry for resurrecting the dead...hopefully someone can still help me out!

I'm trying to add a URL to image section on my data feed for Share a Sale...but:

Our database doesn't use a specific field for product_url, but luckily the product image filenames are the same as the products_model field names in the DB. So, my idea is to use a static directory and then use a variable to match each product's picture with the correct product model.

For example:

I have product A, model number 123 (DB field product_model). The image is located at /images/ and the filename is the model number (123...or the same as DB field product_model).

How do I incorporate this idea into the code. This is what I tried, but it didn't work...it just printed the variable $xb after the URL

(feedmachine_config.php)

[b]$xb = "products_model";[/b]
$feeds[] = array('name' => 'Share A Sale Affiliate Product Feed',
			 'filename' => 'share-a-sale.txt',
			 'fields' => array('URL to image'	   =>   array('name' => 'http://www.home.com/productimages/[b]$xb[/b]',
																  'type' => 'VALUE'
																				 ),

Please let me know if my description of the problem is too confusing to understand

You should be able to use just

'URL to image'	   =>   array('name' => 'FEED_IMAGE_URL',
									'type' => 'KEYWORD'
								   ),

If for whatever reason this does not work, to implement your idea, set type to 'LOGIC' and name to '$output_field_value = \'http://www.home.com/productimages/\' . $product[\'products_model\'] . \'.jpg\';'

However, the first approach is better and should work.

Edited by lech

You should be able to use just

'URL to image'	   =>   array('name' => 'FEED_IMAGE_URL',
									'type' => 'KEYWORD'
								   ),

If for whatever reason this does not work, to implement your idea, set type to 'LOGIC' and name to '$output_field_value = \'http://www.home.com/productimages/\' . $product[\'products_model\'] . \'.jpg\';'

However, the first approach is better and should work.

Lech,

Awesome thank you! Yes for some reason the first suggestion of yours did not work -- I think we use some type of contribution or custom hack for the images. The second one works great though -- thank you for fixing up my illogical code!

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am also having the same problem with tax (VAT). I initially had no price because I was set to USD, changed over to currency code GBP and iso2 GB and now only get the ex-vat price come out on the feed. My store is correctly set to United Kingdom. Under zone in the control panel for OSC I have no zones listed and am not part of any zone, as is the default setting for OSC. HAve tried setting up a zone and putting that into UK with UK tax but it hasn't helped. Any ideas?

Hi I am also having the same problem with tax (VAT). I initially had no price because I was set to USD, changed over to currency code GBP and iso2 GB and now only get the ex-vat price come out on the feed. My store is correctly set to United Kingdom. Under zone in the control panel for OSC I have no zones listed and am not part of any zone, as is the default setting for OSC. HAve tried setting up a zone and putting that into UK with UK tax but it hasn't helped. Any ideas?

Hi, if you pm me details for your admin I can take a look.

Worst case scenario we can implement a hack, though it should not be necessary.

In 'Tax Zones', you should have a zone set up with (at least) the following inside:

(You should also have other EU countries listed here. You can call this tax zone 'EU'.)

This tax zone should be referenced by the VAT tax rate in 'Tax Rates'.

I am currently unclear regarding VAT and the Channel Islands - if it is the case that tax should not be charged, you should individually specify all UK zones, excluding the Channel Islands, in the Tax Zone referred to above and set your store's zone. This approach will also work with Feedmachine. Alternatively, you can do what many other sites do and that is to set up the Channel Islands as a different country: United Kingdom (Channel Islands).

Hi, if you pm me details for your admin I can take a look.

Worst case scenario we can implement a hack, though it should not be necessary.

Hi Lech thanks for getting back. I don't really know who you are to give you my details, is there anything you are looking for in particular I can check for you?? It is a pretty standard OSC install, just GB with no zones defined at all. As I say, tried defining a zone and putting my store in it but get the same results. But I agree there shouldn't be a need for a hack, probably I just need to change some setting to get the feedmachine to apply tax.

In 'Tax Zones', you should have a zone set up with (at least) the following inside:

(You should also have other EU countries listed here. You can call this tax zone 'EU'.)

This tax zone should be referenced by the VAT tax rate in 'Tax Rates'.

I am currently unclear regarding VAT and the Channel Islands - if it is the case that tax should not be charged, you should individually specify all UK zones, excluding the Channel Islands, in the Tax Zone referred to above and set your store's zone. This approach will also work with Feedmachine. Alternatively, you can do what many other sites do and that is to set up the Channel Islands as a different country: United Kingdom (Channel Islands).

That's dine it thanks Lech. I hadn't gone down an extra level when creating the UK zones folder to actually put the UK in it and thus tie in the VAT group. I'm not running anything more complicated than that in my store - people from the channel islands can phone in for me to deduct the VAT!!! (but yes, channel islands do not pay UK VAT however Jersey at least now has it's own Jersey Sales Tax at an almost pointless 3%)

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anyway to make the feed only items that are in stock? i have 30,000 products and the feed stops at 15,000 so i would like to just show the ones in stock or find a way to get all products?

This is probably due to an apache time-out. If you run the script from shell, it should finish.

Feedmachine only adds active products by default. If you are referring to products with quantity zero, set the include function of the feed to 'UF_include_record'.

Good luck.