• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Godaddy.com PHP.INI Register_Globals

glock_22

I am creating this topic to explain how I fixed the PHP.INI Register_Globals issue with Godaddy.com. You also need to understand that I am using shared server hosting.

I will explain the error message received.

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

When I modified the .htaccess per some of the suggestions, I would get a 500 server error and nothing would load. (It didn't like the .htaccess fix) I through I tried everything and was about to change web hosts.

I went to the Godaddy website and read that they allow you to modify your own php.ini file. This file lives in your root website. This is "yourwebsite" and not "yourwebsite/catalog" Find the php.ini file and add (or change) the following line.

It should read

register_globals = on

Save this in your php.ini file and leave it in your root directory.

It was an instant fix for me and I hope it clarifies problems for others.

• 2 years later...

Ok I figured it out. You have to add php5.ini if you have a godaddy account. You must add this file in three places - catolog, admin, install. Make sure it, reads register_globals = ON ,because you are changing your settings on godaddys server not on the website.

I am running php5 on a shared hosting plan with Mysql 4.1

Archived