• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bank Deposit

talsnx

I'm very new user and I'm trying to create a new options for payment - Bank Deposit.

I found 'Contributions' , some body published 'Bank Deposit' , but it does not help, it is no description how it could be installed. I don't have this option under standart payment options.

Would it possible to give me a description or any help?

Your assistance is this matter is greatly appreciated

I will tell you how I did, maybe it helps you.

I wanted to have two payment options: PayPal and bank transfer. For the bank transfer, I don't want the bank information to be displayed in the website so in the Customer Service box, in the Payment Options information I included a paragraph saying:

"If you prefer to make payment by direct deposit, simply add the products to your cart, and then choose ?Bank transfer? as the payment method when prompted.

In these event, you will then be emailed our bank account details and can make the payment by direct transfer. Be sure to use your order number as the reference and to indicate your full contact details. "

Then, in the checkout process, when the customer has to choose the payment method, I changed the "Check/Money order" text for "Bank transfer". This has to be done in includes/languages/[language]/modules/payment/cod.php

In the payment information (during the checkout process), I added a piece of text that reads:

"Please select the preferred payment method to use on this order. If you choose bank transfer, you will receive an e-mail with the bank details."

Hope it helps.

This I did in includes/languages/[language]/checkout_payment.php

So now, during the checkout process, in the payment information step it reads as follows:

Payment method

Please select the preferred payment method

to use on this order. If you choose bank

transfer, you will receive an e-mail with the

bank details.

PayPal

Bank transfer

I wanted to have two payment options: PayPal and bank transfer. For the bank transfer, I don't want the bank information to be displayed in the website so in the Customer Service box, in the Payment Options information I included a paragraph saying:

"If you prefer to make payment by direct deposit, simply add the products to your cart, and then choose ?Bank transfer? as the payment method when prompted.

In these event, you will then be emailed our bank account details and can make the payment by direct transfer. Be sure to use your order number as the reference and to indicate your full contact details. "

Then, in the checkout process, when the customer has to choose the payment method, I changed the "Check/Money order" text for "Bank transfer". This has to be done in includes/languages/[language]/modules/payment/cod.php

In the payment information (during the checkout process), I added a piece of text that reads:

"Please select the preferred payment method to use on this order. If you choose bank transfer, you will receive an e-mail with the bank details."

So now, during the checkout process, in the payment information step it reads as follows:

Payment method

bank details.

PayPal

Bank transfer

Hope it helps.

I'm very new user and I'm trying to create a new options for payment - Bank Deposit.

I found 'Contributions' , some body published 'Bank Deposit' , but it does not help, it is no description how it could be installed. I don't have this option under standart payment options.

Would it possible to give me a description or any help?

Your assistance is this matter is greatly appreciated

Download the contrib to your pc. Unzip the file.

FTP the unzipped files to the correct locations on your server.

Go to your store admin. Find payment modules, find the module you just ftped, click on it, press install, change details etc.

Coopco, I'm going through a fast learning process with all this os Commerce issue since short time ago, so please bear with my newby question. When I wanted to have the bank transfer as a payment method without showing the bank details in the website I found I could be a good option doing it the way I explained earlier on. Will it work properly within the overall os Commerce payment structure or is there something wrong with it the way I did?

Go to your store admin. Find payment modules, find the module you just ftped, click on it, press install, change details etc.

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

Apologies for dump question, would you be able to send me a link where can I download the link ?

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

Apologies for dump question, would you be able to send me a link where can I download the link ?

Thanks.

There are quite a few bank deposit contribs in the contribution area. You will need to find one that you want (there may be a country specific one). Have a look here and make a choice: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions/category,1

Coopco, I'm going through a fast learning process with all this os Commerce issue since short time ago, so please bear with my newby question. When I wanted to have the bank transfer as a payment method without showing the bank details in the website I found I could be a good option doing it the way I explained earlier on. Will it work properly within the overall os Commerce payment structure or is there something wrong with it the way I did?

Hi Tormenta

I can't see anything wrong with your reasoning or with what you have done. Just so long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters.

If someone really wants to get your bank details, they will just make a fraudulent order and get the details in the email.

Hi guys,

I have downloaded payment module from the site, installed in the correct location as in read me file and then module has been configured. I have tested with my test customer and them site was frozen for a couple min, I have opened a new page and science then my shop web page is not coming up. I have tried to reverse it, I have removed the files, and I have deleted test cuts, no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have downloaded payment module from the site, installed in the correct location as in read me file and then module has been configured. I have tested with my test customer and them site was frozen for a couple min, I have opened a new page and science then my shop web page is not coming up. I have tried to reverse it, I have removed the files, and I have deleted test cuts, no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Globat restored my files.

I still don't have Bank transfer module.

Can some body advise about working one ?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I have Australian Bank Transfer installed, we are getting a problem though.

We need to process every order, yet Aus Bank Transfer automatically sets the order to Processed. We have three oreder statuses, Pending(default), Processed, and blank (the first couple of orders had this attached, otherwise I would've deleted it). We want every order to come in pending so we can process them when we can, not have it pushed over to processed straight away.

I think it might in includes/modules/transfer.php but not sure where

I have included all the mentions of order status in that file

if ((int)MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_ORDER_STATUS_ID > 0) {
	$this->order_status = MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_ORDER_STATUS_ID;
  }

and

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, use_function, date_added) values ('Set Order Status', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_ORDER_STATUS_ID', '0', 'Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_order_statuses(', 'tep_get_order_status_name', now())");

function keys() {
  return array('MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_PAYTO', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_ACCOUNT', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_BANK', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_BRANCH_NAME', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_ACCOUNT_TYPE','MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_BRANCH', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_STATUS', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_ZONE', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_ORDER_STATUS_ID', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_SORT_ORDER');

Please help.

TJ

I have Australian Bank Transfer installed, we are getting a problem though.

We need to process every order, yet Aus Bank Transfer automatically sets the order to Processed. We have three oreder statuses, Pending(default), Processed, and blank (the first couple of orders had this attached, otherwise I would've deleted it). We want every order to come in pending so we can process them when we can, not have it pushed over to processed straight away.

I think it might in includes/modules/transfer.php but not sure where

I have included all the mentions of order status in that file

if ((int)MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_ORDER_STATUS_ID > 0) {
	$this->order_status = MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_ORDER_STATUS_ID;
  }

and

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, use_function, date_added) values ('Set Order Status', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_ORDER_STATUS_ID', '0', 'Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_order_statuses(', 'tep_get_order_status_name', now())");

function keys() {
  return array('MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_PAYTO', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_ACCOUNT', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_BANK', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_BRANCH_NAME', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_ACCOUNT_TYPE','MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_BRANCH', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_STATUS', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_ZONE', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_ORDER_STATUS_ID', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_TRANSFER_SORT_ORDER');

Please help.

TJ

Doesn't it have, in admin, at the bottom right, Set Order Status

• 5 months later...

HI

I managed to upload the bank deposit, and it works.

When test customer checkout, will receive an email about my detail invoice with my banking info.

However, that is not link to update if the customer make payment.

Any mod can do this? So that, customer can click on the link to update payment info, and send email to admin.

Then admin can process to deliver the products?

Many Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Payment method

bank details.

PayPal

Bank transfer

Hope it helps.

This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for and would make a great contribution... 2 payment options.

What files/code is required?