• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CVV2 installed ok but allows wrong CVV entry to go through

mel77

I just installed the CVV2 version 2 component and everything seems to be working ok as far as accepting and recording the CVV number is concerned.

I hope this is not a dumb question but is it supposed to check if the CVV2 number entered by the card user is correct?

If not what is the use of this component?

How can the CVV2 number be used to authenticate the card?

• 2 months later...
Only a credit card processor would be able to do that.

Thank you for your support.

May also ask how to make the CVV2 field a MUST for the Customers to add. Since some customers do NOT add this and we have to contact them back ect ...

Also is there a way that the CVV2 can have a link next to it so that we can also explain to customers what CVV is?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Arames T.

from Berlin, GERMANY

Please can you help me:

1/ how to make the CVV2 field a MUST for the Customers to add. Since some customers do NOT add this and we have to contact them back ect ...

2/ Also is there a way that the CVV2 can have a link next to it so that we can also explain to customers what CVV is?

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you for your support.

May also ask how to make the CVV2 field a MUST for the Customers to add. Since some customers do NOT add this and we have to contact them back ect ...

Also is there a way that the CVV2 can have a link next to it so that we can also explain to customers what CVV is?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Arames T.

from Berlin, GERMANY

Hi Arames T.

I too need the same info as you do. I was given a link to the solution but did not have time to do it yet. The link is to contribution 1221 (link is below).

Let me know if it worked for you. I will be away and will not be able to correct until Oct. 12th or later.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...earch,cvv2+info

Good Luck