• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate help

I'm using a .txt tab seperator file to import products into my store. One problem i'm having is getting the images to show up. I'm trying to link the images to a web address, but when I look at the path of the pictures on my site they show the path catalog\images\http://image folder/image.jpg. I changed the txt file header for the the images column from v_products_image to v_products_image_url and uploaded the txt file again. Now the image path is http://www.mydomain/catalog/images

Also, the product descriptions are not showing up in my store. I have edited the description column in the feed so that there are not any tabs. I changed the 's to \'.

Help please....

kay6284

You need to keep the headings named the way they are, or else they won't be recongnized when you upload.

For the images, upload your images to your images directory (usually catalog/images), then when you fill out the EP file, just put the image name (mywidget.jpg, for example) in the v_products_image field. It knows where to find it,....it just needs the name of the picture. EP will make the connection between the image you specify and the product, but it can't upload the images...just do it manually beforehand.

I'm trying to link the images to a url...not to a saved image in catalog\images. Is this possible to do?

There are about 17,000 (1G) images. I was trying to hot link to a server where thay are already stored instead of taking up more space on my site.

kay6284

Hmmm...I'm not sure how to do that. Without changing a couple of things, your catalog will be looking for images in your /images folder.

I'm sure what you want to do is possible, but it's more of a general question rather than an EP question.

I think you should start a new topic re. "how do I hotlink my images for my catalog, etc" ...the right people with the right answers will find it that way :) Double posting is generally not cool, but in this case I'd say it's OK.

It knows where your images directory is from the info in your configure.php files....

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

I don't know if you can specify an entirely different site there (with the whole address), but it needs to know where to find them.

Edited by choosealogin