• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

American Express Numbers

david_garcia

Have the credit card payment module enabled (where it splits up the credit card number and emails half).

However, when you enter an American Express card number, which is 15 digits as opposed to VISA 16 digit, it will not accept the card number. Went into the admin page but no options for Amex or anything.

Anyone know what script needs to be edited that the form checks against when submitting OR any other ideas to get around this? Thanks!

dg

the osc check 15 digits for amex. so that's not the problem most likely the numbers themselves. Try with a regular amex not a gift card.

• 2 weeks later...
the osc check 15 digits for amex. so that's not the problem most likely the numbers themselves. Try with a regular amex not a gift card.

I also have the same problem. The standard credit card module does not work with 15 digit American Express "Corporate" cards.

Standard Amex cards are ok, it's just the Corporate ones that dont work. I have double checked that the digits were entered correctly.

Anyone know how to fix this?

then you could change your catalog\includes\classes\cc_validation.php This is where the card filtering takes place. Near the beginning of the file. I don't know what ranges you want to cover there should be a document for AMEX that specifies the valid ranges.

} elseif (ereg('^3[47][0-9]{13}$', $this->cc_number)) {
	$this->cc_type = 'American Express';

change it to

} elseif (ereg('^3([4]|[7])[0-9]{13}$', $this->cc_number)) {

so this moded code covers the 34 and 37 ranges.

then you could change your catalog\includes\classes\cc_validation.php This is where the card filtering takes place. Near the beginning of the file. I don't know what ranges you want to cover there should be a document for AMEX that specifies the valid ranges.

} elseif (ereg('^3[47][0-9]{13}$', $this->cc_number)) {

change it to

} elseif (ereg('^3([4]|[7])[0-9]{13}$', $this->cc_number)) {

so this moded code covers the 34 and 37 ranges.

I am a CRE user and am having an issue with the AMEX cvv codes. When testing if you use a 3 digit cvv it will process fine but when you enter a 4 digit cvv it kicks back to the payment form to enter the cc number and info again with a message that states "credit card error!!" I have checked the cc_validation.php code but do not see an error and am unsure where the conflict might be occurring.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know and thanks,

C

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

In admin>>configuration>>minimum values set the minimum credit card number length.

It's probably set at 16.

You can set the minimum to 15.

Sorry to post to this old thread but I didn't see the answer anywhere else. At least now it should start showing in google. Thanks.