• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where Is Original Database File?

Hello,

I'm trying to find the file where all of the original database settings are stored on an original install. When I set up the cart two years ago, I deleted all countries besides the United States because we couldn't do international orders. Now we want to add some other countries, but I only made printouts of the country admin page and not the zones page. I need the file that lists the zone information, the address format number, etc.

Our database is mysql. I am able to pull up a database backup file (db_net-20050524170244.sql) and find the United States info, so if someone can tell me where the original file is from the original install, I can probably find the information I need. The info seems to be stored under the variables "countries", "geo_zones", "zones", & "zones_to_geo_zones" in mysql/phpMyAdmin, but the only thing there now is the information on the United States (probably because I deleted everything else). I've looked at many different files and the "backups" folder or a file similar to the .sql file does not seem exist in the original intstall. I can't think of anywhere else to look. Does someone have some idea where I can find all of that deleted info from a clean, original install?

Please Help! Thank you!

Corinne

Hmm but does tat create tat file if I use MSQL database ?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but I looked at the "oscommerce.sql" file and one of the backup files (db_net-20050524170244.sql) side by side and they virtually have the same kind of information, just in a different order. I'm by no means an expert in this, but it looks like the two files first create the tables that are needed and then insert information into the tables. So, my assumption would be that if you wanted to trash your database and start over as if you had just installed the cart, you could do it using the "oscommerce.sql" file. You could upload the "oscommerce.sql" file to your "admin/backup" folder on your server, go to the Database Backup Manager in the admin section of the cart, and click the "restore" button and then your database would be just like it was after the original install of the cart. Of course, that is just a theory and right now I really don't want to test it on my working carts.

I hope that makes sense.

Corinne

Oh, one more thing. I have a feeling that if you added any modules that modified the database in any way, you would probably get some database errors. You could only do what I said above if you hadn't added any new fields or tables to the database since the original install.

Corinne

Archived