• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

GBuy... who is working on a Mod?

stevemills

It seems as though an outfit called MagneticOne has a Google Checkout module for OSCommerce for sale. Here's the link:

:-"

It's only for level 1 integration at this time, though.

Edited by wheeloftime

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just downloaded this and I am working on setting up my Google Checkout account now.

Does anyone know what to put in the Google Checkout "API callback URL" configuration? I'm assuming something like the checkout_confirmation.php file?

Thanks!

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4368

I havent looked at this yet, about to check it out

lets see how it goes. post feedback

removed

Hi everyone,

I'm the author of this contribution.

It is very strange - this is the second contribution being deleted from community posted by me.

However, there were no notification at all, simply nothing. After the 1-st contrib was deleted I've opened the topic in this forum - why? Nobody answered me.

Anyway, now I'm posting it once again. And I will post it more until I got the answer why its being deleted.

You can now download it from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4369

As for the question above about proper button placement - you just need to place it so forms (<form> tag) does not overlap with each other. This means it could be placed anywere outside a form.

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the contribution...

could you possibly answer some of the questions being posed....

Does anyone know what to put in the Google Checkout "API callback URL" configuration? I'm assuming something like the checkout_confirmation.php file

When the buyer finishes the checkout, will their order info be shown in OSCommerce?

3. Does this contribution take into account tax & shipping as well as setting the status for downloads.

Also, they might have deleted your contribution because it didn't include a GPL license. That happened to me when I put up my first contribution as well. Once I included it, I had no problem.

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

Hi

1. Why do you need this? Do you need the data to be transferred to osc admin? In this

version of trhe contrib it is not possible. But I'm working on the future version which will include

ALL features of the Google API.

2. No, not in this version

3. As the button appears at the shopping cart page and the user does not entered any shipping address,

using tax have just no sence. As I mentioned, in future version I will include TAXes, Shipping & even Vouchers & Coupons, because Google API supports all of it.

Please goto readme.html of the contrib and find the bonus info at the bottom. I'm not used to this forum and

it is easier for me to support it on the creators forum. So I refer everybody there.

Hi

1. Why do you need this? Do you need the data to be transferred to osc admin? In this

version of trhe contrib it is not possible. But I'm working on the future version which will include

2. No, not in this version

3. As the button appears at the shopping cart page and the user does not entered any shipping address,

using tax have just no sence. As I mentioned, in future version I will include TAXes, Shipping & even Vouchers & Coupons, because Google API supports all of it.

Please goto readme.html of the contrib and find the bonus info at the bottom. I'm not used to this forum and

it is easier for me to support it on the creators forum. So I refer everybody there.

can you add a link to that forum thread...

My Contribution

There is a blank to fill in on the checkout.google/settings page... Google asks us for it.... Do you know what should be entered? ie confirmation page or ???

This seriously limits the desireability of the checkout method. I will need to wait until development has matured before implementing. Without shipping and tax (when appropriate) being included I would be out of biz :)

Thanks for the great work so far though. I appreciate your help! Thanks, and keep up the good work.

PS:

What about just moving the google checkout choice to the PAYMENT options page, where tax and shipping have already been determined?

Concerting this to a full osc MODULE would seem logical too

Just my .02

-Dave

If you're an eBay seller hoping this new service from Google will give you an option to PayPal, you need to read this story. eBay has banned Google Checkout.

eBay spokesman Hani Durzy said Google Checkout was added to the prohibited payment services list on Thursday primarily because it is so new and untested.

Among the factors considered "is whether the payment service has a substantial historical track record," he said. "I won't say that's the only reason, but I will say that is a factor in evaluating payment services...Google Checkout is, what, a week old?! At this point we're saying it does not meet the factors needed to allow it as an accepted payment."

Is anyone working on a Level 2 module?

I'm working on the Level2 integration into oscommerce, and just populated this thing as a simple addon for now before a full version will be released. The level2 integration module will support all features of google checkout - taxes, shipping, gift vouchers and coupons, order placement, order chargement, cc verification etc. and will require more work to integrate.

I'm working on the Level2 integration into oscommerce, and just populated this thing as a simple addon for now before a full version will be released. The level2 integration module will support all features of google checkout - taxes, shipping, gift vouchers and coupons, order placement, order chargement, cc verification etc. and will require more work to integrate.

GREAT!!!! I'll wait for that one....... :thumbsup:

My Contribution

For anyone who has a module developed and offers it at a reasonable price, I'm willing to support you as a professional developer. Just send me a PM when you have it developed as not to break any forum rules.

One requirement that I have though that it work with both PHP 4.x and PHP5.x, I noticed the current module posted to the Contribs only supports PHP 4.x.

Thanks!

I will be happy to make a donation for all your effort!

Let me know if you need someone to test etc...

Thanks!!

-Dave

I will be happy to make a donation for all your effort!

Let me know if you need someone to test etc...

Thanks!!

Thanks in advance, I will post a new version as it will be ready, or some beta will come to live.

Thanks!

The whole thing will ne rather huge, I think in 2-3 months I finish.

Abbat in all honesty I do not think you are up to this. I looked at "your" code and from what I could see you perhaps modified googles example code by adding 40 or so lines. Most of which is SQL Query. That may explain why your "module" keeps getting pulled from the contributions.

You previously ranted that shipping and tax were not needed.... I see now you have recanted and that these are features that you will add in 2-3 months.

Please Do Not Over Hype your "Contribution" as it will only lead to disappointed and angry users, and may discourage others from actually developing a true Google Payment module.

Edited by dmason2

This seriously limits the desireability of the checkout method. I will need to wait until development has matured before implementing. Without shipping and tax (when appropriate) being included I would be out of biz :)

Tax and Shipping can be (very) easily hardcoded into GoogleCheckout.php. I know, it's not ideal, but it works pretty well for me...

Abbat in all honesty I do not think you are up to this. I looked at "your" code and from what I could see you perhaps modified googles example code by adding 40 or so lines. Most of which is SQL Query. That may explain why your "module" keeps getting pulled from the contributions.

You previously ranted that shipping and tax were not needed.... I see now you have recanted and that these are features that you will add in 2-3 months.

Please Do Not Over Hype your "Contribution" as it will only lead to disappointed and angry users, and may discourage others from actually developing a true Google Payment module.

Hey man,

This contrib is small. Very small. You're right. It does not include everything it should (and should it at all?)

Google API supports everything, besides the Tax, shipping - which is VERY EASY TO ADD - it also support order processing, status, notifications etc. Shipping and taxes are the simpe thing - same simple as top build the google shopping cart.

40 lines of code - you're right. I can tell with 100% that adding shipping and taxes will not take more than 40 lines of code...

If you're so cool, lets take a look at YOUR CODE - I can BET I fit in 40 lines by adding shipping and taxes to this contrib - will you fit in this 40 lines? Common, let us see what you can do! This will be the Google Checkout v 1.5 - with shipping and taxes! I only assume those 40 lines will not be more than 255 chars :):):)

So, pleople, let us wait for his code? How do you think?

About those 2-3 months - I'm planning to include everything Google API allows, including order processing and notification techniques. I'm also planning to redo an API a little so tose guys who does not have curl installed could use curl from comman line. The same with DOM XML library, which is currently for php < 5. And most of new hosting companies have php > 5 - so why does not allow to use Google checkout for them?