• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Cntribution] Specials Automation

I had just noticed a minor error when adding a new product, that it does not save your Products Specials. This is due to the Specials table needs a product ID before it can insert the special, and therefore have come up with this quick fix:

In categories.php, replace the code I had illustrated you insert in the install.txt file with the code below:

<?php if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'])){?>

<tr bgcolor="#ebebff">

<td colspan="2" class="main"><b>Products Special</b><br>

<span class="smalltext">This is for automating the Specials Fucntions in the core. If you care to have have a product listed as a special, fillout the fields below. Otherwise skip this portion of the form.</span></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#ebebff">

<td colspan="2"><?php

$product_special_query = tep_db_query("select specials_new_products_price, expires_date, valid_from_date from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id='". $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] ."'");

$product_specials = tep_db_fetch_array($product_special_query);

//$sInfo = new objectInfo($product);

?>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo 'Product Special Price:'; ?> </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('specials_price', (isset($product_specials['specials_new_products_price']) ? $product_specials['specials_new_products_price'] : '')); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo 'Product Special Starts on:'; ?> </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('vday', (isset($product_specials['valid_from_date']) ? substr($product_specials['valid_from_date'], 8, 2) : ''), 'size="2" maxlength="2" class="cal-TextBox"') . tep_draw_input_field('vmonth', (isset($product_specials['valid_from_date']) ? substr($product_specials['valid_from_date'], 5, 2) : ''), 'size="2" maxlength="2" class="cal-TextBox"') . tep_draw_input_field('vyear', (isset($product_specials['valid_from_date']) ? substr($product_specials['valid_from_date'], 0, 4) : ''), 'size="4" maxlength="4" class="cal-TextBox"'); ?><a class="so-BtnLink" href="java script:calClick();return false;" onMouseOver="calSwapImg('BTN_valid_date', 'img_Date_OVER',true);" onMouseOut="calSwapImg('BTN_valid_date', 'img_Date_UP',true);" onClick="calSwapImg('BTN_valid_date', 'img_Date_DOWN');showCalendar('new_special','vday', 'vmonth', 'vyear','dte_valid_When','BTN_valid_date');return false;"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'cal_date_up.gif', 'Calendar', '22', '17', 'align="absmiddle" name="BTN_valid_date"'); ?></a>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo 'Product Special expires on:'; ?> </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('day', (isset($product_specials['expires_date']) ? substr($product_specials['expires_date'], 8, 2) : ''), 'size="2" maxlength="2" class="cal-TextBox"') . tep_draw_input_field('month', (isset($product_specials['expires_date']) ? substr($product_specials['expires_date'], 5, 2) : ''), 'size="2" maxlength="2" class="cal-TextBox"') . tep_draw_input_field('year', (isset($product_specials['expires_date']) ? substr($product_specials['expires_date'], 0, 4) : ''), 'size="4" maxlength="4" class="cal-TextBox"'); ?><a class="so-BtnLink" href="java script:calClick();return false;" onMouseOver="calSwapImg('BTN_date', 'img_Date_OVER',true);" onMouseOut="calSwapImg('BTN_date', 'img_Date_UP',true);" onClick="calSwapImg('BTN_date', 'img_Date_DOWN');showCalendar('new_special', 'day', 'month','year', 'dteWhen','BTN_date');return false;"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'cal_date_up.gif', 'Calendar', '22', '17', 'align="absmiddle" name="BTN_date"'); ?></a></td>

</tr>

</table>

</td></tr><?php }else{?>

<tr bgcolor="#ebebff">

<td colspan="2" class="main"><b>Products Special</b><br>

<span class="smalltext">Products Special will become availabe as soon as the product has been successfully added.</span></td>

</tr>

<?php }?>

This is just a quick fix, and will look into developing a better fix in a future release.

Edited by demonangel

PLease Disregard the previous post, as the updated (and complete version has been uploaded to the contributions section.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4325

PLEASE USE THE V.2.0 DOWNLOAD

Hi there...

Great idea - I was just wondering if you made any changes to Felix Shcwarts' "Specials Valid From" contrib, because I recently tried to install it and had a heap of probs... Willing to give it another go if you thik it's working ok, I just couldn't get any response from the forums about whether or not someone had it working on their site.

~bobsi18~

I had directly installed Felix's "Specials Valid From" Contribution without error or incident.

What kind of problems are you having?

Becasue I ran his SQL query in the install.txt file and uploaded the files as they were and had no issues.

I had directly installed Felix's "Specials Valid From" Contribution without error or incident.

What kind of problems are you having?

Becasue I ran his SQL query in the install.txt file and uploaded the files as they were and had no issues.

The main problem I had was when a special is modified, it doesn't save the modification and it enters a new special into the database with products_id = 0. This means that everything in my store changes it's price to this new special's... I wrote about it here (other people were having problems too)-->http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...45entry865545

~bobsi18~

• 2 months later...

I ran the SQL line in the install text file to add the valid from date to MySQL...

I copied over the required files and made the required changes to categories.php.

If I add specials in through the specials window the normal way, it puts them on special straight away and ignores the start date...

If I add specials through the inline editor when adding products it does nothing at all! Any assistance would be appreciated. This would be a really valuable contribution for my store as a lot of times the product is not coming on special for several weeks...

Cheers,

Andrew

www.smartgoods.com.au

• 1 year later...

Hello,

a) what's the difference between the 'specials_automation' and the 'specials_automation2' directory?

B) I've installed the files from 'specials_automation', and get the following error message in the admin panel:

1146 - Table 'shop.Specials' doesn't exist

Select specials_new_products_price, valid_from_date, expires_date from Specials where specials_id='3483'

How can I fix it?

thanks,

r.

Hello,

a.) what's the difference between the 'specials_automation' and the 'specials_automation2' directory?

b.) I've installed the files from 'specials_automation', and get the following error message in the admin panel:

1146 - Table 'shop.Specials' doesn't exist

Select specials_new_products_price, valid_from_date, expires_date from Specials where specials_id='3483'

In fact, the table exists in my database, and I've followed all instructions in the zip file (when I had the 'specials_automation2' installed, I got no error message).

How can I fix it?

thanks,

r.