• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EP_v2_76c_MS2 error

tec

Hi there, I did a fresh install of osc and added EP_v2_76c_MS2 problem is, when i try to upload my.txt file, i get this

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2006Jun09-1301.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home16a/sub002/sc18414-NEKK/www/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 685

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /mounted-storage/home16a/sub002/sc18414-NEKK/www/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

any thoughts? this is the last part and it can go live

You have an error in your configure file. You should never see words in capital letters like DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT. It mease that item has not be set up correctly.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

the ep mod said to put this

Open your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file

set DOCUMENT_ROOT TO $DOCUMENT_ROOT DO THIS!!

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOUR SUCCESS. IF YOU DO NOT FLLOW THIS YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS!

the ep mod said to put this

Open your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file

set DOCUMENT_ROOT TO $DOCUMENT_ROOT DO THIS!!

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOUR SUCCESS. IF YOU DO NOT FLLOW THIS YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS!

i took the $ away from in front of teh DOCUMENT_ROOT, now i get this

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home16a/sub002/sc18414-NEKK/www/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Jun09-1301.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home16a/sub002/sc18414-NEKK/www/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpIlpDZ4' to '/home16a/sub002/sc18414-NEKK/www/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Jun09-1301.txt' in /mounted-storage/home16a/sub002/sc18414-NEKK/www/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpIlpDZ4

User filename: EP2006Jun09-1301.txt

Size: 314170

Warning: file(/home16a/sub002/sc18414-NEKK/www/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Jun09-1301.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home16a/sub002/sc18414-NEKK/www/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /mounted-storage/home16a/sub002/sc18414-NEKK/www/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

here is my config file (admin)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.tickleme.ca'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.tickleme.ca');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home16a/sub002/sc18414-NEKK/www/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home16a/sub002/sc18414-NEKK/www/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home16a/sub002/sc18414-NEKK/www/catalog/'); // absolute path required

here is the code(path) from the easypopulate.php

// Please set DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT in your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php
$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";
$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

Edited by tec

ok, i changed this

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";
$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

to this

$tempdir = "/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/temp/";

now my ep goes in but then i get this

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'S 4 Delicious Flavors', 'Flavored and lubricated condom pack of 4Vanil' at line 10

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url) VALUES ( '33', 1, 'Aroma'S 4 Delicious Flavors', 'Flavored and lubricated condom pack of 4Vanilla, Strawberry, Spearmint and Banana', '' )

You should try uploading the included test file (I prefer to reduce it to one line first). That is a known good file so if it loads, you know Easy Populate is working and that the problem is in your file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

ok, well with my setting set to

/temp/

/temp/

and the $ not in front of the DOMCUMENT_ROOT

I was able to upload the EP. Problem is, it does not add into the cart, what i mean is, i see the list it spits out once you are done uploading the EP, but they do not show in the cart, its like they are going into a different directory or something.

This is the last thing i need to do to get this site live, i just cant seem to figure it out :(

What does the list look like that it spits out? Can you paste the first 10 lines here.

ok, well with my setting set to

/temp/

/temp/

and the $ not in front of the DOMCUMENT_ROOT

I was able to upload the EP. Problem is, it does not add into the cart, what i mean is, i see the list it spits out once you are done uploading the EP, but they do not show in the cart, its like they are going into a different directory or something.

This is the last thing i need to do to get this site live, i just cant seem to figure it out :(

What does the list look like that it spits out? Can you paste the first 10 lines here.

here are the first 9 or 10 lines that the ep is spitting out after upload

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpOV9Pde

User filename: tickleme.txt

Size: 313277

| LCBD99 | bedof.jpg | A Bed Of R | Deluxe kit | $43 | | Accessorie | | | | | | | 100 | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!

| LC001W | bedofw.jpg | A Bed Of R | Kit includ | $24 | | Accessorie | | | | | | | 100 | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!

| AA2-100 | BatteriesA | AA Batteri | | $3 | | Accessorie | | | | | | | 100 | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!

| AA3-100 | BatteriesA | AAA Batter | | $3 | | Accessorie | | | | | | | 100 | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!

| K1140 | | Adult Play | | $7 | | Accessorie | | | | | | | 100 | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!

but if you go to the catalog, you get this

http://www.tickleme.ca/catalog/

there are 1285 products and atleast 20 categories/subcategories

i noticed too that it seems to cut off the words,

even taxable goods comes out messed up, like taxablegoo

AA Batteri

should be

AA Batteriies etc

it seems that it is cutting off the words

I think your columns are off in your EP file.

Also, maybe you already know this but there are quite a few products in your catalog, they just aren't assigned to a category...probably because of the column problem. There are several pages at yoursite.com/catalog/products_new.php

The default colums for ep are

v_products_model

v_products_image

v_products_name_1

v_products_description_1

v_products_url_1

v_products_price

v_products_weight

v_date_avail

v_date_added

v_products_quantity

v_manufacturers_name

v_categories_name_1

v_categories_name_2 ---this one depends on how many sublevels you put in the ep configuration

v_categories_name_3 ---so does this

v_tax_class_title

v_status

EOREOR ----this column is not optional. Needs to be filled in as EOREOR all the way down your ep file.

Can you tell if any of those columns are empty on the file you're uploading? it's ok for some of them to be empty, but not others.

Hi there, ok, i put text beside the ones that are empty. Do the columns have to be the same as the sample ep file? what i mean is, does the order of the columns matter?

v_products_model

v_products_image

v_products_name_1

v_products_description_1

v_products_url_1 --THIS ONE IS EMPTY

v_products_price

v_products_weight --THIS ONE IS EMPTY

v_date_avail --THIS ONE IS EMPTY

v_date_added --THIS ONE IS EMPTY

v_products_quantity

v_manufacturers_name--THIS ONE IS EMPTY

v_categories_name_1

v_categories_name_2 ---this one depends on how many sublevels you put in the ep configuration

v_categories_name_3 --THIS ONE IS EMPTY

v_tax_class_title

v_status

is there a way to post my ep file somewhere?