• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with setting up shipping

rustybolt

how i do configure MS2 to just ship to the UK?

I want to offer UK shipping only at the mo, also with a drop down box to select the county.

can someone please help asap, i want to offer worldwide shipping but have no idea how to set up zones etc, so UK only for the moment until i figure out cost of sending items abroad.

I use recorded and special delivery for small items and the larger stuff we send with a courier..

can someone please help, thanks

Russel

i cannot configure our shipping on our site, is there someone who can advise me how to do this, i have installed royal mail shipping modules but when i select an item that i have given a weight of say 0.2kg the only shipping it offers is special dleivery with a price of ?18.70 instead of recorded delvery.

Edited by 241

i cannot configure our shipping on our site, is there someone who can advise me how to do this, i have installed royal mail shipping modules but when i select an item that i have given a weight of say 0.2kg the only shipping it offers is special dleivery with a price of ?18.70 instead of recorded delvery.

right ive sort of figured something out but...

any weight i add into the product description the shipping modules add approximatly 2KG??

why would it do this?

a product that weighs 0.2 kg is showing up as 2.2 KG in the checkout thus overcharging the customer for post, im probabaly losing sales theis way. What is happening, is there a default setting for this?

help from anyone appreciated.!!

This will be due to the tare weight

In your admin left navigation panel under configuration and then Shipping/ Packaging

Package Tare weight.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Tare weight is used where extra packaging is needed and accounts for the weight of the box/crate paper bubblewrap etc.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.