• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for Storing Shipped Orders

In case a support thread is needed, here it is--the contribution can be downloaded HERE

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Hi,

i tried to install, but it didn't work.

I think there are contibs installed in this "order.php"- E.g. "RMA Modul" or "purchase without account".

Could you make a description of which changes have to be made to a fresh osCommerce to install this contrib?

I find this Idea of cleaning orders very good!

Greetz,

Volker

Yes--sorry there are mods--thanks for bringing it to my attention--I will post the manual changes in a new package later tonight--I will update here when I do

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Until I upload the new file, here is the jist of it, You can make a copy of your orders.php and name it orders2.php for this to work with your specific file structure:

in orders.php find this:

where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id

change to this:

where o.orders_status != 2 and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id

and in orders2.php find this:

and change to:

where o.orders_status = 2 and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id

in both files you will make the change two times.

Change the number 2 in the changes to match the order_status_id to match the id for your status.

Edited by rabbitseffort

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

The new download has been added--it is now only a read-me file with complete install directions--ignore the first downloads--the files I had included were based on my shop and had some mods--now the install directions will easily walk you thru changing your own files

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

Hi,

I really like this idea and have made the amendments mentioned. The orders.php page works fine but I have a syntax error on the orders.php page that reads..........

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total'' at line 1

select count(*) as total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = 1 and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_idand s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total'

Can you help please as I know that it is something to do with the following instructon: -

Now in admin/orders.php find this in 2 places:

------------------------

------------------------

Change to:

------------------------

where o.orders_status != 2 and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Paul.

You will never learn if you don't try. And boy am I trying....!

a quick thought would be did you change the number 2 to match your status id? Maybe post the file here that is giving you trouble

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

You need to have a space between "s.orders_status_id" and the word "and". ;)

select count(*) as total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = 1 and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total'

Edited by Daemonj

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Thanks for the post Jim--I thought a space may have been his issue

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

a quick thought would be did you change the number 2 to match your status id? Maybe post the file here that is giving you trouble

Hi there,

Yes, I did change the order status number. In fact I tiredtwo or three different status numbers to be on the safe side?

Any other thoughts.........???

Cheers.

did you make sure that jims suggestion was not the issue--if you could post the file here that will help

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

Yes it works.

I have another small change to make it work editing the orders in order2:

In order2.php search for:

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID')) . 'oID=' . $orders['orders_id'])

an change it to

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS2, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID')) . 'oID=' . $orders['orders_id'])

Every occurrence of FILENAME_ORDERS will need to be changed to FILENAME_ORDERS2 in the orders2.php file.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

yep--sorry, I missed adding that in the directions I guess--thanks again

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

Hello,

I just installed "Shipped Orders" contribution and changed it for storing Delivered Orders instead of Shipped. This is more convenient for me. I have a problem though. When I go to my Delivered Orders admin/orders2.php page where all my delivered orders listed and click on any order, I'm automatically back to my Orders admin/orders.php page where all my current orders listed. Why is this happening? Anybody else having this problem or it's just me? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by Irin

Hi,

Well I was just about to post a reply stating that I still could not get it to work and guess what? I was looking at the wrong "and". I have now found the offending "and", and added in a space. Hey presto it works!!

Very many thanks. I like this a lot!

Paul.

Edited by pafranklin

Hi Paul--glad you have it working! It is a very cool feature IMHO

Irena--It should not be doing that--be sure to go back thru the last install directions and make sure you did every step. I have a feeling you forgot to change something from ORDERS to ORDERS2

Post back after you are completely sure you looked at everything and did it all right--the last install manual directions is the one that should be used--along with Jims note above

Every occurrence of FILENAME_ORDERS will need to be changed to FILENAME_ORDERS2 in the orders2.php file.
Edited by rabbitseffort

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

Hi Paul--glad you have it working! It is a very cool feature IMHO

Irena--It should not be doing that--be sure to go back thru the last install directions and make sure you did every step. I have a feeling you forgot to change something from ORDERS to ORDERS2

Post back after you are completely sure you looked at everything and did it all right--the last install manual directions is the one that should be used--along with Jims note above

I really didn't change all my FILENAME_ORDERS occurrencies to FILENAME_ORDERS2 in the orders2.php file. Now, when I made all necessary modifications to orders2.php, it's working fine. I have orders.php heavily modified with many additional contributions, so now I made my orders2.php identical to orders.php. Thanks guys. It really is a useful contribution. :thumbsup:

Glad you have it working! I knew people would find this useful--have a blessed day!

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

Also think I forgot to mention these lines need to be added to admin/includes/filenames.php:

define('FILENAME_ORDERS2_INVOICE', 'invoice.php');
define('FILENAME_ORDERS2_PACKINGSLIP', 'packingslip.php');

Not a biggie but thought I would note it here

Edited by rabbitseffort

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

Also think I forgot to mention these lines need to be added to admin/includes/filenames.php:

define('FILENAME_ORDERS2_INVOICE', 'invoice.php');
define('FILENAME_ORDERS2_PACKINGSLIP', 'packingslip.php');

Not a biggie but thought I would note it here

Or just leave them as they originally appear in orders.php: FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE and FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP. This way nothing is messed up. I personally left my definitions unchanged except for FILENAME_ORDERS. Either way works.

yes, they can be left the same--but to use the packing slip or invoice on the shipped orders page(orders2.php) the defines need to be made in filenames--at least I found that necessary on 3 different stores

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"

how difficult would it be to move shipped orders into another database table once the status is marked as "shipped"?

so instead of order_history it would be order_history_shipped?

it would take some digging but I see no reason why it couldnt be done--if you go thru the effort will you post back here please. Thanks

---Margaret Mead---

--Ken Kesey"