• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

I am having a tax calculation problem when using KGT's Discount Coupon Codes with Order Editor.

Here's how the calculations are actually happening:

Discount coupon applied: -90.00

Tax: 113.40

Sub-Total: 1889.98

Total: 1913.38

This means, 1889.98 + tax - 90.00. I need the discount to be taken from the subtotal BEFORE the calculation of tax. It should therefore be 1889.98 - 90.00 + tax. The total SHOULD be $1907.98 (not 1913.38).

What edits need to be made to change this?

Thanks,

Anthony

I'm having a problem with an older version of the Discount Coupons. I'm running 2.1 because that is the one that is integrated with Google Checkout. When processed through Google Checkout, everything works fine. And on the customer side, when they place an order through the normal Osc flow, the coupon calculates correctly and is applied. But when I look at the order on the Admin side, no discount is shown. I also noticed that it is not writing out anything to the orders_total table or the dicsount_coupons_to_orders table. But I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. Any ideas?

Hi,

I have the Discount Coupon Code mod 3.0 installed on a newest oscommerce dowload. When you go to check out, the cart shows $45.00 for the item, and when you get to the confimation page, your order shows the 1 product at the $45 price, but the subtotal is $90.00. This happens for any product and whether you use PayPal or Credit Card payments.

Does anyone have an idea? I have searched the forums all day, and haven't found this problem.

Thanks in Advance

Alex

I've recently installed Discount Coupon Codes 3.3 on a site. The module appears to work properly as long as I only have one product in my cart. When I have more than one product in the cart, the coupon discount will not display on the checkout_confirmation.php page. The discount also doesn't apply to the order total either. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, how can I resolve the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I have the Discount Coupon Code mod 3.0 installed on a newest oscommerce dowload. When you go to check out, the cart shows $45.00 for the item, and when you get to the confimation page, your order shows the 1 product at the $45 price, but the subtotal is $90.00. This happens for any product and whether you use PayPal or Credit Card payments.

Does anyone have an idea? I have searched the forums all day, and haven't found this problem.

Thanks in Advance

Alex

I found the problem, I must have had something off kilter in the includes/classes/order.php file, as replacing that one with the file in the Discount Coupon Code v3 worked perfectly. I now have all the bug fixes and the lastet v3.2. Thanks for the creation and the support of this mod.

Having several problems with installing this; One, I am getting the errors in admin:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in /home/httpd/vhosts/drjbs.com/httpdocs/cart/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 31

where line 31 is:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DISCOUNT_COUPONS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_DISCOUNT_COUPONS . '</a>' );
                                  /***************
                                  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>' );
                                  ***************/
                                  //end kgt - discount coupons 

Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in /home/httpd/vhosts/drjbs.com/httpdocs/cart/admin/includes/boxes/reports.php on line 28

where line 28 is:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_DISCOUNT_COUPONS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_DISCOUNT_COUPONS . '</a>');
                                  /*************
                                  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_ORDERS_TOTAL . '</a>');                                   *************/
                                  //end kgt - discount coupons report

I have Separate Pricing Per Customer on the site so I tried to install the db sql and got this error:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL ,
`customers_group_id` VARC 

Any help appreciated. I'll look over the 69 pages of support to see if others have had this problem in the meantime.

ANSWER---- K, there is a . missing after <br> in both files. look for, in catalog.php :

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a><br>' .

and in reports.php:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_ORDERS_TOTAL . '</a><br>' .

Next is to get the Separate Pricing Per Customer SQL fixed. So is the creator anywhere to be found???

Hi I have been thinking of how to solve the problems of the discount coupons not being deducted in Google Checkout and PayPal (per item enabled) carts.

Is it possible to make the coupon an item with a negative price?

So then there wouldn't be any problems with paypal not recognizing a discount coupon value. Then in per item enabled it would show each item purchased and then the discount as an item as well and be recognized by google and paypal checkouts.

or....

Can the subtotal value sent to paypal/google be (all items) minus (discount coupon) = (subtotal) instead of (all items) = (subtotal) minus (discount coupon) which isn't recognized by google and paypal in per item mode?

Thanks.

Is there a way to tag the coupons by an item's catagory? There are some items in my store that we can not afford to discount, where as others can be discounted. It appears that this program subtracts off the subtotal.

Is there a tweak that can be done?

Hi,

KGT thanks for this contrib!!! I just installed 3.3 and have a few bug reports, two of which I've worked around ;) and the other not yet. :-" .

(1) Seems the discount is being applied twice. Here's an example Order Confirmation screen...

--------------------------------------------------

Product 1 $89.10

Product 2 $105.10

Discount Coupon ZZZ123 applied: -$19.42

Sub-Total: $174.78

Shipping: $9.00

FL Sales Tax : $11.95

Total: $176.31

It seems that the $19.42 is being applied twice. I did apply the Paypal IPN fix as described in the "common problems" section of the install doc, but this problem occurs whether paypal or CC is chosen. FWIW, I am using MZMT for shipping (not table) and saw that there was some mod for table.php pertaining to order total, but not sure what exactly it's doing. Is there something similar I need to do for mzmt?

After some experimentation I noticed that the above is with "Display subtotal with applied discount?" set to false. If I set it to true, I get...

Product 1 $89.10

Product 2 $105.10

Discount Coupon ZZZ10 applied: -$19.42

Sub-Total: $174.78

Shipping: $9.00

FL Sales Tax : $11.95

Total: $195.73

This is correct now, but I'm pretty sure that this should not be the behaviour.

===================================

(2) In the install instructions (for those of us that have other mods already installed), the replacement lines for admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php and admin/includes/boxes/reports.php are missing a period at the end of the first "<a href" lines to signify that the code on the next lines are concatenated.

===================================

(3) When the Order Confirmation screen is reached, if I go back (browser's back button) to get to the checkout payment screen and hit continue again, the top of the confirmation page shows

"1062 - Duplicate entry 'ZZZ10-79' for key 1

insert into discount_coupons_to_orders (coupons_id, orders_id) values ('ZZZ10', '79')

[TEP STOP]"

This also happens if from the Order Confirmation screen, I hit "checkout" in the upper right and go thru the payment screen again to get back to Order Confirmation.

Cheers,

-Neil.

Hello,

I just installed the contribution, and everything is working fine, but when i try to log into the admin of the oscommerce i get this error:

The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:

1. You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.

2. The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.

3. The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation.

But if i access the website everything is working fine i'm just unable to get the admin page to manage the whole store

Any ideas?

it happened to me before, but i restore the backups and reinstalled this time more carefully than before, and i was able to create one coupon and is working fine on the store,but when i logged out of the admin page i just wasn't able to get in again

thank you

How can I get a 100% coupon code to work in this module? I have design team members that I give free kits to from time to time and I need to be able to give them free kits. When I use this option, it still wants to dump me into Paypal, which won't work with a zero balance.

Thanks in advance

How can I get a 100% coupon code to work in this module? I have design team members that I give free kits to from time to time and I need to be able to give them free kits. When I use this option, it still wants to dump me into Paypal, which won't work with a zero balance.

Thanks in advance

Disregard, the above please. I've found a work around.

Parse Error in admin/modules, after uploading new files and editing originals, when I go to modules I get

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /store/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 31

Configuration

instead of my normal admin/config page

The only trouble I had when installing was my host said the GIF file button_manufacturer_exclusions.gif was TOO LONG, so I abbreviated it to button_manufact_exclusions.gif to get it uploaded.

I then expected to find where that gif is called and edit that line to match, but have yet to find it.

Any Ideas?

ANSWER---- K, there is a . missing after <br> in both files. look for, in catalog.php :

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a><br>' .

and in reports.php:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_ORDERS_TOTAL . '</a><br>' .

Next is to get the Separate Pricing Per Customer SQL fixed. So is the creator anywhere to be found???

Perfect. The period thing fixed my admin/modules page. Thank You

Parse Error in admin/modules, after uploading new files and editing originals, when I go to modules I get

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /store/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 31

Configuration

instead of my normal admin/config page

I am having this same problem on my site... I have tried all sorts of things to fix it. Here is the code currently, any ideas on how I change it so it will work? I can't do any more until I have this set up. THank you in advance...

if ($selected_box == 'catalog') {

$contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ATTRIBUTE_MANAGER, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_MANAGER . '</a><br>'.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_DEFINE_MAINPAGE . '</a><br>'.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFINE_SHIPPING, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_DEFINE_SHIPPING . '</a><br>'.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFINE_PRIVACY, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_DEFINE_PRIVACY . '</a><br>'.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFINE_CONDITIONS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_DEFINE_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>'.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a>');

}

1146 - Table 'wondew_db.configuration' doesn't exist

select configuration_value as left_width from configuration where configuration_key = 'BOX_WIDTH_LEFT'

[TEP STOP]

I managed to get the other problem fixed... but now I have this new problem! Any tips would be great. I have just been through the entire Install Instruction for the 3rd time and I have cut and paste the code to ensure I'm getting it all right, so I don't know what is wrong!!

ETA I tried something else... but pure accident, so I have no idea what I did, but it is now working!

Edited by minicals

New problem now... probably staring right at me, but I'm losing my mind...

Where does one enter the code in the checkout? There is no field to enter it... is this a silly question? Please help me... this is rather urgent!!

New problem now... probably staring right at me, but I'm losing my mind...

Where does one enter the code in the checkout? There is no field to enter it... is this a silly question? Please help me... this is rather urgent!!

If you followed the installation instructions, you should have some code in checkout_payment.php similar to this :

if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_STATUS == 'true' ) {
echo TABLE_HEADING_COUPON;
echo ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON;
echo tep_draw_input_field('coupon', '', 'size="32"');
}

Of course, you have to activate the module in "admin -> modules -> order total" first, or the field won't show up.

Edited by terzag

Hello,

I have installed the Discount Coupon Codes 3.3 contribution from scratch and have a few problems with it.

1. The first one may be similar to what evalguy reports above. Whatever value I set for the "Display subtotal with applied discount" option, I always get the subtotal displayed with the discount applied. And if set to false, it seems that the discount is applied twice.

2. I want to use coupon codes on total price of items (= taxes included). If I use a fixed discount, the calculation is right. But if I use a percent discount, the calculation is false; I don't think it's a rounding problem as it's more than a few cents.

I have items in my shopping cart for a total of $32.00. If I use a coupon of $16.00, I get a $16.00 discount (ok). If I use a coupon of 50%, I get a $15.16 discount.

Any idea of how to fix these two problems ?

Has anyone got a work around for the google checkout ipn problem?

i just spent a great deal of time installing the contrib and it looks great, but

if it doesnt go through to google its useless to me and im gonna have to uninstall

and install a different coupon system that does. :'( :'(

btw which coupon system does support google checkout ipn ?

Hi,

Just updated from 3.2 to 3.3, but I'm having similar problems with the subtotal allready showing the discount and discount from code being reduced again. For a work around, I entered a fixed amount of half the intended, but it would be nice to get the thing straight.

Any ideas how to change the thing? I would be happy to provide you with my order.php.

J

Great contribution, thanks.

Although I have one problem.

All payment options I have are by cards thus gathering card info. When an order is 0, that shouldn't be needed.

So how can I override this so that when order total is 0 the site redirects directly to checkout_success and processes the order normally?