• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

Hello all, a problem just came up that wasn't happening before... i found it was a fixed issue but don't see the fix.

We are using the PayPal app and the PayPal Express option.  Just today we started getting:

The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts 

It works when using a credit card but not PayPal.

I see the PayPal fix, but that doesn't help because the code for the app is completely different from the old IPN.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had this coupon mod/contribution working on a site for a while now, but for some reason the "Max Use" option is not working when we set it to a limited number like "1" (only tested "1", not other numbers).  I've checked the entire installation of this mod on the site, but found no problem, and it works all the way through, except it's not logging the fact that a customer used a particular coupon so they can use it over and over again even if "Max Use" is set to 1.

I confirmed if I manually add the customer to the discount_coupons_to_customers table, the site does stop the customer from using the coupon again.  The problem seems to be that the checkout_process.php doesn't appear to be adding the customer to that table even though it is adding order information to the other standard OScommerce tables.

Unless I'm missing some update, the checkout_process.php file has:

//kgt - discount coupons
  if( tep_session_is_registered( 'coupon' ) && is_object( $order->coupon ) ) {
      $sql_data_array = array( 'coupons_id' => $order->coupon->coupon['coupons_id'],
                             'orders_id' => $insert_id );
      tep_db_perform( TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_TO_ORDERS, $sql_data_array );
  }
  //end kgt - discount coupons

near the top and it has:

//kgt - discount coupons
  tep_session_unregister('coupon');
  //end kgt - discount coupons

near the end.

I manually checked both variables in the if statement (by having it echo some text on the confirmation page if they are true), but it seems like when it comes back from processing a payment (which is only one option, PayPal), one or both of those variables are lost or stripped out?

The site is using the new PayPal App module for OScommerce and I know the Max Use setting was tested to work two years ago when the site was set up with the older PayPal module, but now it's not.

Now that I write this, I'm thinking the problem is happening after they come back from paying via PayPal.  Has anyone else had this problem and/or does anyone know of a fix?

1 hour ago, NetFu said:

I'm thinking the problem is happening after they come back from paying via PayPal

You're probably right but you could test it by adding another payment module....perhaps a payment on pick up type method and see if it works as you think it should.  If so then you know you'll need to find a fix for the PayPal module or create some type of work around.  Maybe log it before it goes off to PayPal...that might not be an ideal option should a customer abort the order but it would probably work most of the time.  :biggrin:

Dan

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

greetings
The coupon is not added to the database when I order. I see it on the checkout_confirmation.php page. but disappears after ordering.  it is in the order and the email is not visible.

[coupon] => discount_coupon Object
        (
            [messages] => Array
                (
                    [debug] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => INFO: DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX = true
                            [1] => INFO: MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING = false
                            [2] => INFO: MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_STATUS = true
                            [3] => INFO: MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SORT_ORDER = 2
                            [4] => INFO: MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_TYPE = true
                            [5] => INFO: MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_SUBTOTAL = true
                            [6] => INFO: MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_TAX = None
                            [7] => INFO: MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_EXCLUDE_SPECIALS = false
                            [8] => INFO: MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_RANDOM_CODE_LENGTH = 6
                            [9] => INFO: MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_LINES = false
                            [10] => INFO: MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_ALLOW_NEGATIVE = false
                            [11] => INFO: MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_USE_LANGUAGE_FILE = false
                            [12] => INFO: MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_CONFIG = İndirim Kuponu [coupon_desc]
                            [13] => INFO: MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DEBUG = true
                            [14] => INFO: Percentage of discount applied to product 1608{4}111:  0.57155921353452.
                            [15] => INFO: Fixed discount applied to product 1608{4}111:  31.828440786465.
                            [16] => INFO: Fixed adjustment for product 1608{4}111: difference: -11.828440786465 unadjusted applied_discount: 31.828440786465
                            [17] => INFO: Product 1608{4}111 passed exclusion check.  Discount 20 applied. (fixed)
                            [18] => INFO: Discount of 20 applied to product 1608{4}111 ($32.4).
                            [19] => INFO: Applied tax of 8 to: 34.992
                            [20] => INFO: Calculating tax on 14.992.  Displayed price 14.992.
                        )

)

[coupon] => Array
                (
                    [coupons_id] => ZZWKPX
                    [coupons_description] => Test Kuponu
                    [coupons_discount_amount] => 20.00
                    [coupons_discount_type] => fixed
                    [coupons_date_start] => 2020-11-13 00:00:00
                    [coupons_date_end] => 2020-11-30 00:00:00
                    [coupons_max_use] => 0
                    [coupons_min_order] => 0.00