• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

I'm trying to install the script, but there's one problem. There are files which you tell me to put in the admin folder. but I don't have an admin folder on the main level. My admin folder is inside the catalog folder. What should I do?

Okay - my truely, honestly brilliant son walked me through the entire installation process. But when we tried to run the script, going to the admin, selecting catalogue, and then discount coupons, we got the following error message: The requested URL /Bookshop/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/FILENAME_DISCOUNT_COUPONS was not found on this server.

Then, when we tried to access the store, the whole index page had blown up - the index page is all code. The images and the graphics are at the very bottom of the page, after the huge body of code with the following code written in the middle of it all:

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/w0514/d13/s29/b026d285/www/Bookshop/nfoscomm/catalog/index.php on line 316

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/w0514/d13/s29/b026d285/www/Bookshop/nfoscomm/catalog/index.php on line 316

TEXT_GREETING_GUEST

We are so excited to be able to provide you with this newly printed version of The Only Alien on the Planet. English teachers representing schools: please post us for special educational pricing. We'd love to help you with classroom sets. We can ship to you by the very slow but cost-effective media mail, or we can shoot something off to you over-night. Choose your shipping method, check out, and we're off.

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/w0514/d13/s29/b026d285/www/Bookshop/nfoscomm/catalog/index.php on line 313

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/w0514/d13/s29/b026d285/www/Bookshop/nfoscomm/catalog/index.php on line 313

]All we did was install the files as instructed - one at a time. I noticed, when I started setting up this store, that the instructions I got from NetFirms for inserting my logo and replacing text on the index page referenced files that were not present in the actual program files - or that had different names. I made assumptions as to what was what, and I did okay - everything worked and what I changed stayed changed. But this is overwhelming.

Does anybody have a clue what we did wrong?

Okay - my truely, honestly brilliant son walked me through the entire installation process. But when we tried to run the script, going to the admin, selecting catalogue, and then discount coupons, we got the following error message: The requested URL /Bookshop/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/FILENAME_DISCOUNT_COUPONS was not found on this server.

Then, when we tried to access the store, the whole index page had blown up - the index page is all code. The images and the graphics are at the very bottom of the page, after the huge body of code with the following code written in the middle of it all:

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/w0514/d13/s29/b026d285/www/Bookshop/nfoscomm/catalog/index.php on line 316

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/w0514/d13/s29/b026d285/www/Bookshop/nfoscomm/catalog/index.php on line 316

TEXT_GREETING_GUEST

We are so excited to be able to provide you with this newly printed version of The Only Alien on the Planet. English teachers representing schools: please post us for special educational pricing. We'd love to help you with classroom sets. We can ship to you by the very slow but cost-effective media mail, or we can shoot something off to you over-night. Choose your shipping method, check out, and we're off.

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/w0514/d13/s29/b026d285/www/Bookshop/nfoscomm/catalog/index.php on line 313

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/w0514/d13/s29/b026d285/www/Bookshop/nfoscomm/catalog/index.php on line 313

]All we did was install the files as instructed - one at a time. I noticed, when I started setting up this store, that the instructions I got from NetFirms for inserting my logo and replacing text on the index page referenced files that were not present in the actual program files - or that had different names. I made assumptions as to what was what, and I did okay - everything worked and what I changed stayed changed. But this is overwhelming.

Does anybody have a clue what we did wrong?

You have either lost a bunch of entries in includes/filenames.php, or you have removed that file, or something else. The first step is to check that those entries exist in includes/filenames.php.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

I'm trying to install the script, but there's one problem. There are files which you tell me to put in the admin folder. but I don't have an admin folder on the main level. My admin folder is inside the catalog folder. What should I do?

The admin folder can be anywhere. If it's inside your catalog folder, then that's where it is.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

The admin folder can be anywhere. If it's inside your catalog folder, then that's where it is.

Okay. Well, we put the files in the admin folder, figuring that was where they were supposed to go. It's just that the admin folder in our version of the program was not at the location mapped out in the instructions. Remember, I (not the son, the store owner) am admittedly stupid. And here comes yet another stupid question - an admin file is propriatory? Meaning there will only be one in a given program?

I am a bit confused. Someone on the forum suggested that I need to install the Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution first. Is that correct? Ireally dont need that one..

I only need coupons and this 'Discount Coupon Codes' would be great if it works on its own.

Please advise..

Thanks

You have either lost a bunch of entries in includes/filenames.php, or you have removed that file, or something else. The first step is to check that those entries exist in includes/filenames.php.

They aren't in includes/filenames.php. In Cat/Inc/modules I have /upcoming_products but without the FILENAMES_ in front of it. This is true with the other names as well.

I have re-copied the contributions file filenames.php into into admin/includes. it still does not contain those names.

I have been through every one of the contributions files, checked them all?all are installed.

The problem seems to be in a directory in the index.php, lines 316, 313? I have lost a directory somehow?

The rest of you guys seem to know so much. You don't get lost like this.

I am a bit confused. Someone on the forum suggested that I need to install the Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution first. Is that correct? Ireally dont need that one..

I only need coupons and this 'Discount Coupon Codes' would be great if it works on its own.

This is in no way connected to CCGV and does not rely on it.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

They aren't in includes/filenames.php. In Cat/Inc/modules I have /upcoming_products but without the FILENAMES_ in front of it. This is true with the other names as well.

I have re-copied the contributions file filenames.php into into admin/includes. it still does not contain those names.

I have been through every one of the contributions files, checked them all?all are installed.

The problem seems to be in a directory in the index.php, lines 316, 313? I have lost a directory somehow?

Is there an entry in includes/filenames.php that says:

define( 'FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'upcoming_products.php' );

The rest of you guys seem to know so much. You don't get lost like this.
We did at one point. Hang in there.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Okay. Well, we put the files in the admin folder, figuring that was where they were supposed to go. It's just that the admin folder in our version of the program was not at the location mapped out in the instructions. Remember, I (not the son, the store owner) am admittedly stupid. And here comes yet another stupid question - an admin file is propriatory? Meaning there will only be one in a given program?

Don't know quite what you mean by only one in a given program. There can be (and should be) several files of the same name, but they do not exist in the same directory. For example, the language files (in includes/languages) have the same name as the code files they provide the text for.

The admin section is a different ball game. It may be in your catalog directory, but it does not have to be. Some people put it in a different place, or name it a different name. That is why the instructions treat it like it's on the same level as the catalog. When you install to the catalog and to the admin, you're almost doing two different installations. There's technically no reason you must install the admin part (you could install the module manually in the database and create coupons directly and they'd still work no problem.)

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Is there an entry in includes/filenames.php that says:

define( 'FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'upcoming_products.php' );

We did at one point. Hang in there.

This is everything I've got:

// define the filenames used in the project

define('FILENAME_BACKUP', 'backup.php');

define('FILENAME_BANNER_MANAGER', 'banner_manager.php');

define('FILENAME_BANNER_STATISTICS', 'banner_statistics.php');

define('FILENAME_CACHE', 'cache.php');

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO', 'account_history_info.php');

define('FILENAME_CATEGORIES', 'categories.php');

define('FILENAME_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration.php');

define('FILENAME_COUNTRIES', 'countries.php');

define('FILENAME_CURRENCIES', 'currencies.php');

define('FILENAME_CUSTOMERS', 'customers.php');

define('FILENAME_DEFAULT', 'index.php');

define('FILENAME_DEFINE_LANGUAGE', 'define_language.php');

//kgt - discount coupons

define('FILENAME_DISCOUNT_COUPONS','coupons.php');

//end kgt - discount coupons

define('FILENAME_FILE_MANAGER', 'file_manager.php');

define('FILENAME_GEO_ZONES', 'geo_zones.php');

define('FILENAME_LANGUAGES', 'languages.php');

define('FILENAME_MAIL', 'mail.php');

define('FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS', 'manufacturers.php');

define('FILENAME_MODULES', 'modules.php');

define('FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS', 'newsletters.php');

define('FILENAME_ORDERS', 'orders.php');

define('FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE', 'invoice.php');

define('FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP', 'packingslip.php');

define('FILENAME_ORDERS_STATUS', 'orders_status.php');

define('FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE', 'popup_image.php');

define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES', 'products_attributes.php');

define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED', 'products_expected.php');

define('FILENAME_REVIEWS', 'reviews.php');

define('FILENAME_SERVER_INFO', 'server_info.php');

define('FILENAME_SHIPPING_MODULES', 'shipping_modules.php');

define('FILENAME_SPECIALS', 'specials.php');

define('FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS', 'stats_customers.php');

define('FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED', 'stats_products_purchased.php');

define('FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_VIEWED', 'stats_products_viewed.php');

define('FILENAME_TAX_CLASSES', 'tax_classes.php');

define('FILENAME_TAX_RATES', 'tax_rates.php');

define('FILENAME_WHOS_ONLINE', 'whos_online.php');

define('FILENAME_ZONES', 'zones.php');

?>

I'm trying to hang in there. I have some advice: never use iWeb. It's been a rough couple of days. Our friends lost a horse, and it was awful. And nothing HTML is working. Nothing I touch is working -

Don't know quite what you mean by only one in a given program. There can be (and should be) several files of the same name, but they do not exist in the same directory. For example, the language files (in includes/languages) have the same name as the code files they provide the text for.

The admin section is a different ball game. It may be in your catalog directory, but it does not have to be. Some people put it in a different place, or name it a different name. That is why the instructions treat it like it's on the same level as the catalog. When you install to the catalog and to the admin, you're almost doing two different installations. There's technically no reason you must install the admin part (you could install the module manually in the database and create coupons directly and they'd still work no problem.)

Okay. I think what happened was that M (my son) copied the Admin file in the download to the main store directory, so there were two of them - one on the same level as catalogue, one inside. It didn't seem to have an effect on the store last night, though. This morning, I found it, and dumped the one he'd experimented with. The problem with young hotdogers is that they try things like they're gonna live forever. Me, I'm not going to mess with stuff until I'm sure.

If it doesn't matter if you install to the Admin, what IS the admin?

This is everything I've got:

define('FILENAME_BACKUP', 'backup.php');

define('FILENAME_BANNER_MANAGER', 'banner_manager.php');

define('FILENAME_BANNER_STATISTICS', 'banner_statistics.php');

define('FILENAME_CACHE', 'cache.php');

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO', 'account_history_info.php');

define('FILENAME_CATEGORIES', 'categories.php');

define('FILENAME_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration.php');

define('FILENAME_COUNTRIES', 'countries.php');

define('FILENAME_CURRENCIES', 'currencies.php');

define('FILENAME_CUSTOMERS', 'customers.php');

define('FILENAME_DEFINE_LANGUAGE', 'define_language.php');

//kgt - discount coupons

define('FILENAME_DISCOUNT_COUPONS','coupons.php');

//end kgt - discount coupons

define('FILENAME_FILE_MANAGER', 'file_manager.php');

define('FILENAME_GEO_ZONES', 'geo_zones.php');

define('FILENAME_LANGUAGES', 'languages.php');

define('FILENAME_MAIL', 'mail.php');

define('FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS', 'manufacturers.php');

define('FILENAME_MODULES', 'modules.php');

define('FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS', 'newsletters.php');

define('FILENAME_ORDERS', 'orders.php');

define('FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE', 'invoice.php');

define('FILENAME_ORDERS_PACKINGSLIP', 'packingslip.php');

define('FILENAME_ORDERS_STATUS', 'orders_status.php');

define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES', 'products_attributes.php');

define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED', 'products_expected.php');

define('FILENAME_SERVER_INFO', 'server_info.php');

define('FILENAME_SHIPPING_MODULES', 'shipping_modules.php');

define('FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS', 'stats_customers.php');

define('FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED', 'stats_products_purchased.php');

define('FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_VIEWED', 'stats_products_viewed.php');

define('FILENAME_TAX_CLASSES', 'tax_classes.php');

define('FILENAME_TAX_RATES', 'tax_rates.php');

define('FILENAME_WHOS_ONLINE', 'whos_online.php');

define('FILENAME_ZONES', 'zones.php');

?>

I'm trying to hang in there. I have some advice: never use iWeb. It's been a rough couple of days. Our friends lost a horse, and it was awful. And nothing HTML is working. Nothing I touch is working -

That's admin/includes/filenames.php

includes/filenames.php should look like this:

<?php
/*
 $Id: filenames.php,v 1.4 2003/06/11 17:38:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT', 'account.php');
 define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT_EDIT', 'account_edit.php');
 define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY', 'account_history.php');
 define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO', 'account_history_info.php');
 define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT_NEWSLETTERS', 'account_newsletters.php');
 define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT_NOTIFICATIONS', 'account_notifications.php');
 define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT_PASSWORD', 'account_password.php');
 define('FILENAME_ADDRESS_BOOK', 'address_book.php');
 define('FILENAME_ADDRESS_BOOK_PROCESS', 'address_book_process.php');
 define('FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH', 'advanced_search.php');
 define('FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT', 'advanced_search_result.php');
 define('FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS', 'also_purchased_products.php');
 define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION', 'checkout_confirmation.php');
 define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT', 'checkout_payment.php');
 define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_ADDRESS', 'checkout_payment_address.php');
 define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS', 'checkout_process.php');
 define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING', 'checkout_shipping.php');
 define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'checkout_shipping_address.php');
 define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS', 'checkout_success.php');
 define('FILENAME_CONTACT_US', 'contact_us.php');
 define('FILENAME_CONDITIONS', 'conditions.php');
 define('FILENAME_COOKIE_USAGE', 'cookie_usage.php');
 define('FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT', 'create_account.php');
 define('FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS', 'create_account_success.php');
 define('FILENAME_DOWNLOAD', 'download.php');
 define('FILENAME_INFO_SHOPPING_CART', 'info_shopping_cart.php');
 define('FILENAME_LOGIN', 'login.php');
 define('FILENAME_LOGOFF', 'logoff.php');
 define('FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'new_products.php');
 define('FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN', 'password_forgotten.php');
 define('FILENAME_POPUP_SEARCH_HELP', 'popup_search_help.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRIVACY', 'privacy.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO', 'product_info.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING', 'product_listing.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS', 'product_reviews.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO', 'product_reviews_info.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE', 'product_reviews_write.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW', 'products_new.php');
 define('FILENAME_REDIRECT', 'redirect.php');
 define('FILENAME_SHIPPING', 'shipping.php');
 define('FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART', 'shopping_cart.php');
 define('FILENAME_SSL_CHECK', 'ssl_check.php');
 define('FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND', 'tell_a_friend.php');
 define('FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'upcoming_products.php');
?>

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Okay. I think what happened was that M (my son) copied the Admin file in the download to the main store directory, so there were two of them - one on the same level as catalogue, one inside. It didn't seem to have an effect on the store last night, though. This morning, I found it, and dumped the one he'd experimented with. The problem with young hotdogers is that they try things like they're gonna live forever. Me, I'm not going to mess with stuff until I'm sure.

If it doesn't matter if you install to the Admin, what IS the admin?

The admin is a web interface to manage the store. The store does not rely on the existence of the admin section though. They're separate entities who access the same database. You wouldn't want to, but you could in theory run an OSC store without any admin section at all. When I say it doesn't matter, I mean it doesn't technically matter. Logically it does matter, because you'd want an administrative tool. ;) In that way, they can be considered almost separate applications, since one doesn't strictly rely on the existence of the other in order to work.

If you copy admin files over your store front files, then you will get errors, because you've now got code intended for a different application.

Hope that makes some sense.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

That's admin/includes/filenames.php

includes/filenames.php should look like this:

<?php
/*
 $Id: filenames.php,v 1.4 2003/06/11 17:38:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT', 'account.php');
 define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT_EDIT', 'account_edit.php');
 define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY', 'account_history.php');
 define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO', 'account_history_info.php');
 define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT_NEWSLETTERS', 'account_newsletters.php');
 define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT_NOTIFICATIONS', 'account_notifications.php');
 define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT_PASSWORD', 'account_password.php');
 define('FILENAME_ADDRESS_BOOK', 'address_book.php');
 define('FILENAME_ADDRESS_BOOK_PROCESS', 'address_book_process.php');
 define('FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH', 'advanced_search.php');
 define('FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT', 'advanced_search_result.php');
 define('FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS', 'also_purchased_products.php');
 define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION', 'checkout_confirmation.php');
 define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT', 'checkout_payment.php');
 define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_ADDRESS', 'checkout_payment_address.php');
 define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS', 'checkout_process.php');
 define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING', 'checkout_shipping.php');
 define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING_ADDRESS', 'checkout_shipping_address.php');
 define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS', 'checkout_success.php');
 define('FILENAME_CONTACT_US', 'contact_us.php');
 define('FILENAME_CONDITIONS', 'conditions.php');
 define('FILENAME_COOKIE_USAGE', 'cookie_usage.php');
 define('FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT', 'create_account.php');
 define('FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS', 'create_account_success.php');
 define('FILENAME_DOWNLOAD', 'download.php');
 define('FILENAME_INFO_SHOPPING_CART', 'info_shopping_cart.php');
 define('FILENAME_LOGIN', 'login.php');
 define('FILENAME_LOGOFF', 'logoff.php');
 define('FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'new_products.php');
 define('FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN', 'password_forgotten.php');
 define('FILENAME_POPUP_SEARCH_HELP', 'popup_search_help.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRIVACY', 'privacy.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO', 'product_info.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING', 'product_listing.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS', 'product_reviews.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO', 'product_reviews_info.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE', 'product_reviews_write.php');
 define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW', 'products_new.php');
 define('FILENAME_REDIRECT', 'redirect.php');
 define('FILENAME_SHIPPING', 'shipping.php');
 define('FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART', 'shopping_cart.php');
 define('FILENAME_SSL_CHECK', 'ssl_check.php');
 define('FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND', 'tell_a_friend.php');
 define('FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'upcoming_products.php');
?>

Okay - catalogue/includes/filenames

looks EXACTLY the same as the admin ones. What I see, though is that your filenames are version 1.4. Mine are 1.1 but with a later date. Obviously, then, I have a problem - I don't have anything like the above list, then.

The admin is a web interface to manage the store. The store does not rely on the existence of the admin section though. They're separate entities who access the same database. You wouldn't want to, but you could in theory run an OSC store without any admin section at all. When I say it doesn't matter, I mean it doesn't technically matter. Logically it does matter, because you'd want an administrative tool. ;) In that way, they can be considered almost separate applications, since one doesn't strictly rely on the existence of the other in order to work.

If you copy admin files over your store front files, then you will get errors, because you've now got code intended for a different application.

Hope that makes some sense.

Oh. All right. That's why you want to update both - for interface and for functionality. I think I'm getting it. I just can't figure out how both of my filename lists ended up being the same??

Oh. All right. That's why you want to update both - for interface and for functionality. I think I'm getting it. I just can't figure out how both of my filename lists ended up being the same??

Oh, wait. Yes I do. Obviously, we slipped the new filenames into the catalogue includes instead of into the admin includes. Great. Now what do I do? Would that have been responsible for all of the mess I'm in? I can see that it would.

Oh, wait. Yes I do. Obviously, we slipped the new filenames into the catalogue includes instead of into the admin includes. Great. Now what do I do? Would that have been responsible for all of the mess I'm in? I can see that it would.

Okay. I copied the list you sent me and I overwrote the bad list. MAGIC! Suddenly, I feel a little better, like I might not be brain dead after all. But, all I fixed was the presentation in the middle section of the graphics - which are still at the dead bottom of the page, after the still present column of code. And the side bar graphics and all of the titles are still bad - Header_Title_Top>>Header etc. Box_Heading_Whats_New Stuff like that. So I haven't solved the bulk of the problem.

Any other wisdom?

This is in no way connected to CCGV and does not rely on it.

Excellent. Also, I know the coupons do a % discount. Can I also create coupons with specific values. For example coupon value ?1, coupon value ?5 , etc.

Edited by maz

Hi Kgt,

Installed your new update package, it works great. I have an another idea for your Addon.

Right now the Max Use function is per customer. As we know Dell.com they also have Max Use limited on their coupons. But the limitation is set for whole store.

That means you can add one more limited usage per coupon code. The 12345 is the coupon code that allow 1 time per each customer and also "n" times for the whole store customers.

Wishlist for me would be also have the choice between % discount and a static figure. And also the ability to match the coupon up against a certain product (model)?

Hi Philly. A static discount would be nice, but it's unfortunately much more complicated than a percentage discount. This discount happens before tax, so it needs to be applied to all tax groups individually. Due to the way OSC handles tax, this actually means the discount must be applied to each product individually. It's much more complicated to properly handle a discount amount versus a percentage. This is on my list of "things that would be nice" but it requires enough change that I'm not currently working on it.

Someone has suggested to me that the ability to exclude products would be nice, and that's something I'm currently working on.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Right now the Max Use function is per customer. As we know Dell.com they also have Max Use limited on their coupons. But the limitation is set for whole store.

That means you can add one more limited usage per coupon code. The 12345 is the coupon code that allow 1 time per each customer and also "n" times for the whole store customers.

Something like "Available Coupons?" That seems like a quickie. If you're really interested, I can throw that together and let you test it out!

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Install the latest version which was uploaded today and see if that fixes it.

Hi

This contribution is what i really need ;) but ...

I have manually installed the last version ... everything works fine until the last validation

( I can create a discount coupon, i can valid the cart, the price is exact with the discount, etc ... )

then i get this error message :

" 1146 - Table 'db157787952.TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_USE_COUNT' doesn't exist

insert into TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_USE_COUNT (coupons_id, orders_id) values ('reduc5', '32')

[TEP STOP] "

It's the same even with the max use = 0 or 1

Of course the Table doesn't not exist ... and i can't find where i did this mistake ... i can't see either in the install.txt something about this table ...

Thanks for the help ;)

Phil