• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

Hi, Great Contrib. Gives a real professional cart addon.

Shipping discount not distinguishing between items to be discounted and not.

When using shipping for discount and a customer orders more than just the items being discounted, my shipping discounts the shipping for ALL items rather than just for the item being discounted.

What do I need to do to have the contrib still charge for the shipping of items that are not to be discounted while discounting the shipping for the discounted items?

THanks,

Charles

You're not going to see the order total line for the discount coupon in Paypal. Paypal displays the subtotal, the shipping, and the total. You should make sure you have "Display Subtotal with Applied Discount" set to true in Modules > Order Total > Discount Coupons. Verify that your subtotal displayed by Paypal is the item total - discount + taxes, and the total is the subtotal + shipping.

I have this exact problem.

I have set the 'Display Subtotal with Applied Discount' as true.

How can I verify that the Subtotal displayed by Paypal is as you said above?

Something very very very strange with coupons:

When a customer adds a free (discount price 0.00 EUR) to his cart as the first product and after that

he adds another product with a price above 100 EUR to his cart, then... the following happens when he

uses a fixed amount coupon code.

In checkout confirmation the discount applied is about 100 EUR more than the initial discount coupon amount.

For example: if the disount was 5.00 EUR, then the customer sees a discount applied of 104.94 EUR!!!

This ONLY happens when the first product added to the cart has a price of 0 EUR. Has anyone an idea how to solve that strange problem?

Cheers

Nick

Edited by mightyx

Fixed!! Ended up replacing checkout_process.php clean then re-added all mods to it.

Still issues with coupon codes being used by more than one email address at checkout.

One email address uses lets say 1z334x. If another user or same user logs in with different

email address, the coupon can be used again.

Look in admin and the first coupon transaction deducted the qty but then displays

UNLIMITED. How strange ist that? If I edit the coupon qty to zero, only shows UNLIMITED.

Change it to any other number and it is fine. Serious issue!

Have checked and read more than I cared to but could not find any issues like this in hundreds of posts.

Any help with this mod?

I have same issues (look my previous post)

Any help ?

///

I have same issues (look my previous post)

Any help ?

You may want to have a php programmer look at it because it appears that nobody is

supporting this mod anymore. It's also obvious that this mod has serious issues

when you see so many posts with problems and you cannot get answers to fix them.

Sometimes it is merge problems by the user and many times it is missing code,

poor instructions, and code that is unsecure making your site vunerable.

Choose carefully my friend!

Hi, Great Contrib. Gives a real professional cart addon.

Shipping discount not distinguishing between items to be discounted and not.

When using shipping for discount and a customer orders more than just the items being discounted, my shipping discounts the shipping for ALL items rather than just for the item being discounted.

What do I need to do to have the contrib still charge for the shipping of items that are not to be discounted while discounting the shipping for the discounted items?

THanks,

Charles

Anyone have an idea to this?

I have this contribution installed and working good, but now the issue is I am looking for a single page checkout contribution that is compatible with this one. Could anybody point me in the right direction please.

It would also be greatly appreciated if with that contribution there were any tweaks that were needed to work with this contribution, to share those as well.

Thank You in Advance!!

hello,

I am sorry if I will ask for sth what was maybe already answered but I can not find it here.

My question is: how to make visible line with discount at order confirmation page?

Need some more information. What visable line are you talking about? Do you mean the discount is

not showing on the confirmation page? Be more specific for a response.... Too much guess work!

I have this contribution installed and working good, but now the issue is I am looking for a single page checkout contribution that is compatible with this one. Could anybody point me in the right direction please.

It would also be greatly appreciated if with that contribution there were any tweaks that were needed to work with this contribution, to share those as well.

Thank You in Advance!!

This is per say, compatible but you have to make sure you merge correctly. Took me 2 tries and got it good.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6646

Good luck

Need some more information. What visable line are you talking about? Do you mean the discount is

not showing on the confirmation page? Be more specific for a response.... Too much guess work!

Yes, my mistake, sorry. Well I mean at Order Confirmation page there is section called: Billing Information. In this section on right side there are informations like vat, sub total, shipping method and total, depending what has been choseen to be shown in admin pannel. I would like to know is there any option to see another line with coupon information like this or simillar: Coupon code discount -$30 or something like that.

My Discount coupon settings are as follows:

Enable discount coupon?
true

Sort Order

Display discount with minus (-) sign?
true

Display subtotal with applied discount?
true

Display tax in discount line?
None

Exclude product specials?
true

Random Code Length

Display discount total lines for each tax group?
false

Allow negative order total?
false

Use the language file to format display string?
false

Display Format for Order Total Line
Discount Coupon [code] applied

Debug Mode
false

...I was changing those settings without any wanted result.

Yes, my mistake, sorry. Well I mean at Order Confirmation page there is section called: Billing Information. In this section on right side there are informations like vat, sub total, shipping method and total, depending what has been choseen to be shown in admin pannel. I would like to know is there any option to see another line with coupon information like this or simillar: Coupon code discount -$30 or something like that.

My Discount coupon settings are as follows:

Enable discount coupon?
true

Sort Order

Display discount with minus (-) sign?
true

Display subtotal with applied discount?
true

Display tax in discount line?
None

Exclude product specials?
true

Random Code Length

Display discount total lines for each tax group?
false

Allow negative order total?
false

Use the language file to format display string?
false

Display Format for Order Total Line
Discount Coupon [code] applied

Debug Mode
false

...I was changing those settings without any wanted result.

Had the same problem when I first installed and never found out why because of time, but solved it

by taking fresh copy of catalog/checkout_confirmation.php and checkout_process.php and re-merged all of

my contribs and WALAAaaaaaaaa displayed no problem. Sorry I cannot tell you why but this worked for me.

Good luck

Had the same problem when I first installed and never found out why because of time, but solved it

by taking fresh copy of catalog/checkout_confirmation.php and checkout_process.php and re-merged all of

my contribs and WALAAaaaaaaaa displayed no problem. Sorry I cannot tell you why but this worked for me.

Good luck

I will paste parts from my files, if you could do me a favour and paste relevant code from yours files so I could compare it. I will be appreciated.

checkout_confirmation

//kgt - discount coupons
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('coupon')) tep_session_register('coupon');
 //this needs to be set before the order object is created, but we must process it after
 $coupon = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon']);
 //end kgt - discount coupons 

//kgt - discount coupons
 if( tep_not_null( $coupon ) && is_object( $order->coupon ) ) { //if they have entered something in the coupon field
   $order->coupon->verify_code();
   if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DEBUG != 'true' ) {
	  if( !$order->coupon->is_errors() ) { //if we have passed all tests (no error message), make sure we still meet free shipping requirements, if any
		  if( $order->coupon->is_recalc_shipping() ) tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . urlencode( ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SHIPPING_CALC_ERROR ), 'SSL' ) ); //redirect to the shipping page to reselect the shipping method
	  } else {
		  if( tep_session_is_registered('coupon') ) tep_session_unregister('coupon'); //remove the coupon from the session
		  tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode( implode( ' ', $order->coupon->get_messages() ) ), 'SSL' ) ); //redirect to the payment page
	  }
   }
} else { //if the coupon field is empty, unregister the coupon from the session
	if( tep_session_is_registered('coupon') ) { //we had a coupon entered before, so we need to unregister it
     tep_session_unregister('coupon');
     //now check to see if we need to recalculate shipping:
     require_once( DIR_WS_CLASSES.'discount_coupon.php' );
     if( discount_coupon::is_recalc_shipping() ) tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . urlencode( ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SHIPPING_CALC_ERROR ), 'SSL' ) ); //redirect to the shipping page to reselect the shipping method
   }
}

checkout_process

//kgt - discount coupons
 if( tep_session_is_registered( 'coupon' ) && is_object( $order->coupon ) ) {
  $sql_data_array = array( 'coupons_id' => $order->coupon->coupon['coupons_id'],
                            'orders_id' => $insert_id );
  tep_db_perform( TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_TO_ORDERS, $sql_data_array );
 }

//kgt - discount coupons
 tep_session_unregister('coupon');

....well, I do not understand it at all. I checked those files, everything was according to installation proces. I did not changed anything and what? Suddenly it is working!

Thanks for help.

I am really sorry that I can not lead anyone close with reason/solution more than @beanzy done.

Edited by cheeroke

....well, I do not understand it at all. I checked those files, everything was according to installation proces. I did not changed anything and what? Suddenly it is working!

Thanks for help.

I am really sorry that I can not lead anyone close with reason/solution more than @beanzy done.

HAHAHAHA Great.... Glad to hear you got it working. Yes, is strange but who cares so long as it works...

Wish thy had good support on this mod, is very useful but it just has flaws and I am not a php proframmer.

HAHAHAHA Great.... Glad to hear you got it working. Yes, is strange but who cares so long as it works...

Wish thy had good support on this mod, is very useful but it just has flaws and I am not a php proframmer.

Well, yes but what if suddenly it will stop working? I will not know where is the problem. Sad that such a good contrib is without support.

Me too, aren't php programmer, at least on level which would allowed me play around with code.

Anyway, you right, as long as it is working :D

Thx for some clues.

This is per say, compatible but you have to make sure you merge correctly. Took me 2 tries and got it good.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6646

Good luck

Hi beanzy,

Now let me ask you becuse i did try to install this contribution and followed it to the letter, but what i ran into is the last 2 sections refer to a Protx page that has a bunch of lines of code to edit. the problem is that I dont have any Protx files on my website. Now i did try to install the original KGT discount coupon contribution but after several emails with the write of the contribution i finaly gave up cause i could never get the bugs out of it. So i then installed this discount coupon addon and it worked like a charm.

So I guese I must be missing something because i dont have the files the instructiobns ask for, and when i did install it, the website was spitting error out.

Any insight would be most appreciated, THANK YOU

Hi beanzy,

Now let me ask you becuse i did try to install this contribution and followed it to the letter, but what i ran into is the last 2 sections refer to a Protx page that has a bunch of lines of code to edit. the problem is that I dont have any Protx files on my website. Now i did try to install the original KGT discount coupon contribution but after several emails with the write of the contribution i finaly gave up cause i could never get the bugs out of it. So i then installed this discount coupon addon and it worked like a charm.

So I guese I must be missing something because i dont have the files the instructiobns ask for, and when i did install it, the website was spitting error out.

Any insight would be most appreciated, THANK YOU

Not sure exactly which mod you are reffering to. I have no clue about any Protx files in any instructions and do not see exactly where

you state they are. Tell me the exact mod you are talking about and can try to help best I can. There are several mods that look and sound alike, maybe you have a different mod? Let me know and can look see what I can help with...k?

Not sure exactly which mod you are reffering to. I have no clue about any Protx files in any instructions and do not see exactly where

you state they are. Tell me the exact mod you are talking about and can try to help best I can. There are several mods that look and sound alike, maybe you have a different mod? Let me know and can look see what I can help with...k?

beanzy,

Sorry i was not very specirfic, i was refering to the one you referenced about 5 posts back with my original questions

"This is per say, compatible but you have to make sure you merge correctly. Took me 2 tries and got it good.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6646 "

On the last 2 steps of the instructions is where i was getting the instructions for Protx files.

beanzy,

Sorry i was not very specirfic, i was refering to the one you referenced about 5 posts back with my original questions

"This is per say, compatible but you have to make sure you merge correctly. Took me 2 tries and got it good.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6646 "

On the last 2 steps of the instructions is where i was getting the instructions for Protx files.

I believe this is an error on the coders part. Nowhere is there any files to these instructions and if you look at

the kgt_howto.txt file with this contirb, you will not see any reference to Protx files as well. Appears to be some excluded mode that this person has/had and had an over-sight when crating instructions. Also appears to deal in the payment module which alread has inclusion of paypal with this contrib. To make a long story short, I would not wrry about these Protx files. Ignore the instructions pertaining to these.

What are the errors exactly you are getting? Copy and paste and lets see if someone here can help also. Many time, the error itself is self explanatory. If memeory serves me corrctly, there were allot of incorrect coding with this such as a missing (, or } brackets, etc.

So has anyone tried the free shipping for a specific item or category then to find that if they add items outside of that discounted area all things fall under the free shipping?

So lets say I have product x as free ship with discount code. The customer adds this and then adds another product, the new product added that should not have the discount does not show shipping cost.

Hi there,

I installed the coupon module several years ago, tested it and it worked fine, but I have not used it for some time. I just tried to use it again and when I enter the coupon code in the checkout and click next I get a blank white page with:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: discount_coupon in /home/tpage2/public_html/catalog/checkout_confirmation.php on line 73

Any ideas on what this could be?

Cheers

Kev