• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

This is the support thread for the Order Total contribution Discount Coupon Codes found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4269

Ok Igot through the instructions. to the click install ot discoupon module in you admin tool.. when i click isntall i get this error message

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: ot_discount_coupon in /home/danicasb/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 95

Sorry if this has already been covered, had a good look but cant see it, there are 117 pages!. Ive edited all the existing files and added the new ones. Its showing up under modules, and I have installed it, all good as far as I can see. But under catalog in the admin panel, there is no link for coupon codes. Any ideas? Thanks so much for all your help!

Ok Igot through the instructions. to the click install ot discoupon module in you admin tool.. when i click isntall i get this error message

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: ot_discount_coupon in /home/danicasb/public_html/admin/modules.php on line 95

Check this post http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=931738

Try searching Google like this

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums "Discount Coupon" +"non-existent class" +"ot_discount_coupon"

~Tracy

Love this contrib, need just a little help. I'm trying to issue coupons for 100% off for contest winners. During checkout, a CC is still required to proceed, the discount is then correctly applied but since the total amount is $0.00 the CC module returns an error:

"A valid amount is required. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance."

Am I missing something obvious? How can I issue 100% off coupons?

Bump!!

I see many other people asking how to fix this. This is a big deal. 100% coupons do not work

This would have to be with whatever credit card processor you are using. I have used 100% coupons on our site and had no problems, but we don't process the credit cards on the website. They are processed in the office when we download the orders in the morning. So it would appear the basic osC CC files are not the culprit.

I would check on whatever thread belongs to the processor you are using (ie..authorize.net, paypal, etc..) and ask if there is a way to allow $0.00 sales.

Bump!!

I see many other people asking how to fix this. This is a big deal. 100% coupons do not work

~Tracy

Double check that you made the changes to this file: admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

Sorry if this has already been covered, had a good look but cant see it, there are 117 pages!. Ive edited all the existing files and added the new ones. Its showing up under modules, and I have installed it, all good as far as I can see. But under catalog in the admin panel, there is no link for coupon codes. Any ideas? Thanks so much for all your help!

~Tracy

Double check that you made the changes to this file: admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

Mines slightly different but done the following.

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_SALEMAKER, BOX_CATALOG_SALEMAKER) .
							   tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_FEATURED, BOX_CATALOG_FEATURED) .
							   tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_INFORMATION_MANAGER, BOX_CATALOG_INFORMATION) .
							   //tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED));
								//kgt - discount coupons
							   tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED) .
							   tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_DISCOUNT_COUPONS, BOX_CATALOG_DISCOUNT_COUPONS));
							   /***************
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>' );
							   ***************/
							   //end kgt - discount coupons

This is the support thread for the Order Total contribution Discount Coupon Codes found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4269

Hello. I think I did this instruction by the directions, but obviously I took a missstep somewhere, because when I go to admin tool, click customers... there isn o coupon option? Any help would be welcome and appreciated

Hello, I apologize if this has been asked before but I cant find the answer when I do a search. Im wondering if there is a way to pass the coupon to the store using a url for example lets say I have a coupon code of XYZ and my domain is www.mystore.com is there a special format like http://www.mystore.com?coupon=XYZ when someone clicks on it it will apply the code automatically when customer goes to checkout.

Thanx in advance for the help :-)

PLEASE can someone help me out here!! I cant find this issue from anyone else on this thread...but I cant see why not!

IN the admin panel, the 'invoice' and 'details' section of an order display incorrectly now the discount module is installed.

For an order without a discount, the shipping totals/order totals/tax etc has moved to the left of the page

and when a discount is applied, the invoice has all teh main table headings correct, but completely misses out the order total information!!!

and instead at the right of the invoice this time, it says 'Discount Coupon b applied: -£1499 '

The code that is responsible for displaying the order total is shown below. I havent yet managed to work out how the discount coupon module is inserting the discount info into this though...and why is it ignoring the Order total???

Someone MUST have had this issue??/ please help me out here!!!

My admin panel is bog standard current version!

Turn off debugging mode (in admin > modules > order_total). This fixed my account_history_info.php pages being messed up. If you look at the order in order_total in the database, I noticed that debugging mode puts some extra code/comments into the fields, so turning that off worked for me.

BTW, thanks to the creator for this great mod. Best coupon mod I've found yet, as it does just what I need. Works perfectly even with a RC patched store and Multi-table Multi-zone installed. ^^

Edited by ichini

Start be deleting the first instance of:

(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED));

If it still doesn't work remove the lines with the asterisks as yhey are commenting out that line of code which creates the link in your Catalog area in admin

Mines slightly different but done the following.

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_SALEMAKER, BOX_CATALOG_SALEMAKER) .
							   tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_FEATURED, BOX_CATALOG_FEATURED) .
							   tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_INFORMATION_MANAGER, BOX_CATALOG_INFORMATION) .
							   //tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED));
								//kgt - discount coupons
							   tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED) .
							   tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_DISCOUNT_COUPONS, BOX_CATALOG_DISCOUNT_COUPONS));
							   /***************
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>' );
							   ***************/
							   //end kgt - discount coupons

~Tracy

It should be under "Catalog" - not under "Customers"

Hello. I think I did this instruction by the directions, but obviously I took a missstep somewhere, because when I go to admin tool, click customers... there isn o coupon option? Any help would be welcome and appreciated

~Tracy

As far as I'm aware that is not possible with this contribution unless you want to custom code it into the contribution. You might check the Gift Certificate contribution(s) to see if they will do this.

Hello, I apologize if this has been asked before but I cant find the answer when I do a search. Im wondering if there is a way to pass the coupon to the store using a url for example lets say I have a coupon code of XYZ and my domain is www.mystore.com is there a special format like http://www.mystore.com?coupon=XYZ when someone clicks on it it will apply the code automatically when customer goes to checkout.

~Tracy

Thanks. Sorry, I dont understand sorry. The Products Expected link is working fine, its the discount coupons one that isnt working. The astericks comment out only the old products expected link, not the coupons code. Tried all you said anyway, and does not work. Any other ideas? Thanks again!

Start be deleting the first instance of:

(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED));

If it still doesn't work remove the lines with the asterisks as yhey are commenting out that line of code which creates the link in your Catalog area in admin

I want to offer a coupon code so some customers can download one product for free, without having to enter a credit card. My problem is that a credit card is always required. How can I get around this? I am using Linkpoint for payment, and have the Discount Coupon Codes contribution installed.

hi

I have just applied the discount coupon add-on to another of my websites and have found that the max_use field wasn't working

In my example I have the following:

discountss.gif

I have changed the min order but regardless of the values it always reads:

discss2.gif

I have read max-value and min-order being an issue together from older posts/versions but how can I resolve this issue? I downloaded the latest english version from 21 march 09. Please help.

Edited by dvharrison

Debbie Harrison

i'm having a issue of the subtotal not applying the discount which is meaning my paypal is charging people the wrong price.

-------------------------------------------------------

Discount Coupon freeship applied: -$25.00

Sub-Total: $79.95

Flat Rate (Express Post Overnight): $25.00

GST 10.0%: $8.00

Total: $87.95

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Depp

Well, for some reason your file looks a bit different from mine, and you have that products_expected link in there 3 times. It's commented out once above the discount coupon code changes and then again afterwards. If it helps, this is what my admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php looks like:

<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text'  => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,
				 'link'  => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog'));

if ($selected_box == 'catalog') {
$contents[] = array('text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a><br>' .
							   //BOF Xsell
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_XSELL_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .
							   //EOF Xsell
							   //BOF Products Sort
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_SORTER, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_SORTER . '</a><br>' .
							   //EOF Products Sort
							   //BOF Discount Coupon Codes
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DISCOUNT_COUPONS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_DISCOUNT_COUPONS . '</a>');
							   //EOF Discount Coupon Codes
 }

$box = new box;
 echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);
?>

Thanks. Sorry, I dont understand sorry. The Products Expected link is working fine, its the discount coupons one that isnt working. The astericks comment out only the old products expected link, not the coupons code. Tried all you said anyway, and does not work. Any other ideas? Thanks again!

~Tracy

Did you also install the PayPal add-on to the discount coupon codes contribution?

i'm having a issue of the subtotal not applying the discount which is meaning my paypal is charging people the wrong price.

-------------------------------------------------------

Discount Coupon freeship applied: -$25.00

Sub-Total: $79.95

Flat Rate (Express Post Overnight): $25.00

GST 10.0%: $8.00

Total: $87.95

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Depp

~Tracy

Thansk ichini

I have this turned off but the pages are still showing debug code in the source!!

Anyone know the bug fix for the 'no debug mode' setting not having any effect in the settings page in admin?

i guess this link to the no account contribution would help.

i would like to install this contribution but it would be a pain to go through all the instructions and find it is not compatible with the no account.

Any coders able to help me. Can this discount contribution work with no account?