• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

1146 - Table 'elutstyr.TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS' doesn't exist

i have a feeling that "elutstyr." should be removed from that line. but i dont know where to remove it, what document.. can that be the problem?

i found it!!!!

OPEN catalog/includes/database_tables.php

ADD:

//kgt - discount coupons

define('TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS', 'discount_coupons');

define('TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_TO_ORDERS', 'discount_coupons_to_orders');

define('TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_TO_CATEGORIES', 'discount_coupons_to_categories');

define('TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_TO_PRODUCTS', 'discount_coupons_to_products');

define('TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_TO_MANUFACTURERS', 'discount_coupons_to_manufacturers');

define('TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_TO_CUSTOMERS', 'discount_coupons_to_customers');

define('TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_TO_ZONES', 'discount_coupons_to_zones');

//end kgt - discount couponsOPEN catalog/includes/languages/english.php

i forgot to add this! :) soooooo happy =)

The next problem now, is that the sub total doubles the price... anyone have a solution for that? this happens even with the coupon module disabled.

i have tried to install the Optional combo fix (subtotals + table shipping) but that doesnt solve the problem... anyone please?

Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to fix my problem with this contribution?

Hi, I have just started reviewing this thread for some solutions to my problems with integration of discount coupons with Fast Easy Checkout. Didn't find the answers yet, however, I saw your post and am trying to figure out your situation. From what I can gather, when a customer uses a coupon code during checkout, you are not getting the attributes in your admin order. I was just wondering if you use paypal ipn for your payment module. Sorry if this was already stated before.

please post back

Hi, I have just started reviewing this thread for some solutions to my problems with integration of discount coupons with Fast Easy Checkout. Didn't find the answers yet, however, I saw your post and am trying to figure out your situation. From what I can gather, when a customer uses a coupon code during checkout, you are not getting the attributes in your admin order. I was just wondering if you use paypal ipn for your payment module. Sorry if this was already stated before.

please post back

Thanks for looking into this for me!! :thumbsup: I am not using paypal, I installed a NZ bank transfer mod right at the beginning so maybe there is something in there that needs changigng?

Thanks for looking into this for me!! :thumbsup: I am not using paypal, I installed a NZ bank transfer mod right at the beginning so maybe there is something in there that needs changigng?

Hi, sorry I am not familiar with that contribution as I am in the US, but I do remember it was tricky getting the 2 to work together. Of course, as I have a terrible memory of technical things, I can't remember exactly what I did to get it to work just right. Post back if you still haven't figured it out soon and I might have time later to download the NZ bank transfer mod and take a look and see if it is similar to the paypal one.

Best Regards!

I have searched through most of this thread, but can't find a solution: We installed this mod, and LOVE it! We use a table rate for shipping, based on price. I just created a coupon for 100% free shipping for a limited time, and have everything set correctly according to instructions. It works great. The problem occurs when the customer DOESN'T input the code. If the order is within the lowest range on the table rate (up to 24.99), and the customer forgets the code, it processes correctly. If the order is over 24.99, it kicks the customer back from the checkout_payment.php page to the checkout_shipping.php page. It gives this error:

"Your calculated shipping charges have changed."

You can continue to do this repeatedly and it won't work, UNLESS the order's under 25.00. I also notice that if the order is over 24.99, it shows the default shipping price incorrectly anyway. It should be 8.99 over 24.99, but is showing as 6.99 instead.

Any idea what's going on, and ideas for fixing????

I have searched through most of this thread, but can't find a solution: We installed this mod, and LOVE it! We use a table rate for shipping, based on price. I just created a coupon for 100% free shipping for a limited time, and have everything set correctly according to instructions. It works great. The problem occurs when the customer DOESN'T input the code. If the order is within the lowest range on the table rate (up to 24.99), and the customer forgets the code, it processes correctly. If the order is over 24.99, it kicks the customer back from the checkout_payment.php page to the checkout_shipping.php page. It gives this error:

"Your calculated shipping charges have changed."

You can continue to do this repeatedly and it won't work, UNLESS the order's under 25.00. I also notice that if the order is over 24.99, it shows the default shipping price incorrectly anyway. It should be 8.99 over 24.99, but is showing as 6.99 instead.

Any idea what's going on, and ideas for fixing????

One update: I was incorrect in this post when I stated that the coupon worked correctly when entered. It does not work at all for orders over 24.99, which is the lowest amt in the table rate. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

One update: I was incorrect in this post when I stated that the coupon worked correctly when entered. It does not work at all for orders over 24.99, which is the lowest amt in the table rate. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Hi,

I am a little confused on exactly what your situation is. If I am understanding correctly, you are having 2 separate problems. 1 with your table shipping module and 1 with your discount coupons.

I think we should first make sure that the shipping is being calculated properly without any coupon applied at all. Is it working besides when you input a coupon??

Hi, sorry I am not familiar with that contribution as I am in the US, but I do remember it was tricky getting the 2 to work together. Of course, as I have a terrible memory of technical things, I can't remember exactly what I did to get it to work just right. Post back if you still haven't figured it out soon and I might have time later to download the NZ bank transfer mod and take a look and see if it is similar to the paypal one.

Best Regards!

From what I can understand it is very similar to the other bank transfer mods but set up for NZ.

To be honest I doubt I will figure this out on my own because I am not a programmer and don't understand it - I can follow the instructions in the mod but that is as far as my coding ability goes! I am completely self taught on everything with my website so when I run into issues with mods - I am completely and utterly stuck and need to rely on others to help me out! Don't worry if you don't have time to do this as the customer isn't affected by this issue - it is just my admin which is. I don't think the customer receives an email confirming their order any more but that isn't too much of a problem. :rolleyes:

Hi,

I am a little confused on exactly what your situation is. If I am understanding correctly, you are having 2 separate problems. 1 with your table shipping module and 1 with your discount coupons.

I think we should first make sure that the shipping is being calculated properly without any coupon applied at all. Is it working besides when you input a coupon??

It was working in testing prior to installation of the coupon mod. Now it is only correct for orders to 24.99, which is 6.99 shipping. Orders over that without the coupon are also showing 6.99, plus it sends me back to checkout_shipping.php page continuously and does not let me continue checkout.

Here is my table rate setting: 24.99:6.99,39.99:8.99,54.99:10.99,74.99:12.99,99.99:14.99,124.99:16.99,149.99:18

.99,199.99:20.99,249.99:22.99,349.99:24.99,1000.00:26.99

Orders 24.99 and under work correctly, with or without the coupon. Orders over don't work either way.

???

Hello,

i have a problem with the contribution.

I get this massage:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/htdocs/w008e457/osc/includes/classes/discount_coupon.php on line 62

and thisis my line 62:

foreach( $order->info['applied_discount'] as $discount ) {

what can i do??

and sorry for my bad english

mallone

Visit My Website

Hello,

i have a problem with the contribution.

I get this massage:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/htdocs/w008e457/osc/includes/classes/discount_coupon.php on line 62

and thisis my line 62:

foreach( $order->info['applied_discount'] as $discount ) {

what can i do??

and sorry for my bad english

mallone

Visit My Website

Hi, I checked my coding in that file and the only time I see foreach bla, bla, bla it looks like this around it:

} else if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_SUBTOTAL == 'true' ) {

$subtotal = $total;

foreach( $this->applied_discount as $discount ) {

$subtotal += $discount;

}

I know that there are several versions of this contrib to download, so I am not sure if this will work. I am not a programmer. Please make back-up of any files you are changing, if you haven't already, prior to change just in case it doesn't go as planned. Not a fun situation.

Hope that helps!

Hi,

your code dosn`t work to me.

I get 2 new errors:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w008e457/osc/includes/classes/discount_coupon.php:62) in /www/htdocs/w008e457/osc/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

I am having a little trouble understanding your English, but I did go into the contributions section on this website and saw there is an update file to fix some problems to the 2.0 version. Maybe if you install that fixed file, it will solve the problem. Try it and post back if it doesn't fix it.

The Update includes / classes / discount_coupon.php line 68-78 already was installed.

The line 74 in my Checkout_confirmation.php looks quite different.

68 if( tep_not_null( $HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon'] ) ) { //if they have entered something in the coupon field

69 $this_coupon = new discount_coupon( tep_db_prepare_input( $HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon'] ) );

70 $this_coupon->verify_code();

71 //print_r( $this_coupon ); //use this to debug coupon object problems

72 if( !$this_coupon->is_errors() ) { //if we have passed all tests (no error message), make sure we still meet free shipping requirements, if any

73 if( $this_coupon->is_recalc_shipping() ) tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . urlencode( ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_FREE_SHIPPING_ERROR ), 'SSL' ) ); //redirect to the shipping page to reselect the shipping method

74 } else {

75 if( tep_session_is_registered('coupon') ) tep_session_unregister('coupon'); //remove the coupon from the session

76 foreach ($this_coupon->error_message as $message){

77 $messageStack->add_session('coupon', $message);

78 }

79 tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'SSL' ) ); //redirect to the payment page

80 }

81 } else { //if the coupon field is empty, unregister the coupon from the session

82 if( tep_session_is_registered('coupon') ) tep_session_unregister('coupon');

83 }

I am not sure but look at this thread comment I found. It seems to mean the problem is actually from checkout_payment.php. Check that file!

QUOTE(Brian_C @ Apr 15 2007, 09:33 PM) *

Thanks for the contrib! I installed, configured a coupon code, and when I input the coupon code on checkout_payment.php I get this error.

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /../includes/classes/discount_coupon.php on line 62"

Anybody know why? I couldn't find anything on it in the thread.

Then he responded:

Disregard my post, forgot to upload one file......doh!

Hello All:

I've just installed the package and was able to make it function properly with all tax, subtotal, and paypal considerations. I'm extremely happy with the package so far.

One thing I've been trying to do with the package is have it report specifically with a certain order. The way our company website is utilizing the coupons is slightly different. We are attempting to use the coupon as a type of commission notifier. All of our coupon codes would imply the same discount, but we want to use the code to know who was able to initiate the order from our sales representatives. Are there any appendages to the original packages that would be able to acheive this? I was hoping that the code would appear with every order as it would indicate our amount of commission cut.

Thank you for anything.

Hi

I've installed the contrib today and it all works but I have 2 questions. I'll post the second seperately.

Sorry if this has been answered before, I searched and couldn't find anything. I want to give all my new customers a 25% discount on their first order. If I have read the instructions correctly, I am able to setup a discount code and email it out in newsletters etc. so hardcoding the discount code into the "Welcome" email would be OK??

Related to this is this, it might be me being a pirate, I'm not really, :lol: a customer registers, gets the "welcome" email and buys something, enters the discount code, pays and he's happy. Is there anything to stop this customer signing up with a new name, email etc and using the same discount code?

Cheers

Ian