• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

Hi to All...

I was looking for this contribution, but can´t see some advice about if this one can work with UPS shipping module, I manage a oscommerce store for a local wine company, but they are using UPS shipping and not table shipping. Anybody, the creator/modificator of this contribution, could give some hand in this?

A lot of thx.

I now have a problem with the paypal ipn not having the deducted amount passed onto paypal. It is in fact adding the discount to the total price.

It is showing the discount perfectly in the cart but when it goes to paypal it adds whatever discount there was back into the price that was computed in the cart.

this is also not showing that a discount code has been used in the REPORTS section of admin. It is not keeping track of how many codes are used.

I believe there are instructions on setting DCC up to work with Paypal IPN.

As for the reports - I would double check that you have uploaded all the files in ASCII mode (not Binary).

~Tracy

Hi, I've installed the coupon discount and it appears to be working correctly but something strange has happened...

Under "Configuration" I now have this link: BOX_CONFIGURATION_ADMINISTRATORS

When clicked on I get this 404 error:

The requested URL /catalog/admin/FILENAME_ADMINISTRATORS was not found on this server.

Anybody got any idea causing this? Thanks :)

I believe there are instructions on setting DCC up to work with Paypal IPN.

As for the reports - I would double check that you have uploaded all the files in ASCII mode (not Binary).

Do you know where the instructions are for the DCC to work with paypal IPN?

What would the ASCII mode give me that the binary wouldnt? Thanks.

Do you know where the instructions are for the DCC to work with paypal IPN?

What would the ASCII mode give me that the binary wouldnt? Thanks.

On the DCC Contribution Download page:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4269 You should see Paypal IPN v2.2 available as a download.

ASCII is for scripted files - Binary is for graphics. When you upload PHP in Binary mode it can (and quite frequently does) corrupt the code. Just like uploading an image in ASCII mode can corrupt the image :thumbsup:

~Tracy

I've installed this (v3.3.1) and it seems to be successful, but for some reason the page catalog/admin/coupons.php is totally blank, so I can't make it work. I wouldn't have been surprised if I'd messed up an edit somewhere, but as far as I can see, that page is generated by supplied files. Any suggestions about where I might have gone wrong?

I'm not sure if there is a problem with shipping charges (they are complicated in this store), because I can't get as far as testing.

Hi, I've installed the coupon discount and it appears to be working correctly but something strange has happened...

Under "Configuration" I now have this link: BOX_CONFIGURATION_ADMINISTRATORS

When clicked on I get this 404 error:

The requested URL /catalog/admin/FILENAME_ADMINISTRATORS was not found on this server.

Anybody got any idea causing this? Thanks :)

I'm having the same problem. Did you figure out what was wrong?

nevermind, found the answer here...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho..._ADMINISTRATORS

Edited by rmuir3

... for some reason the page catalog/admin/coupons.php is totally blank, so I can't make it work...

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've installed all the files from 3.3 and that didn't help, so I've reinstalled the 3.31 files on top again.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've installed all the files from 3.3 and that didn't help, so I've reinstalled the 3.31 files on top again.

Are you uploading in ASCII format? Binary can corrupt the PHP files.

If that isn't the issue - then I'd use a comparison program (like WinMerge) to compare your pages with the contributions pages - it may help you find if you missed an edit or mistyped something while editing :blush:

~Tracy

I am having trouble with getting error messages to return on any of the initial discount_coupon class errors as well as the ones that are supposed to be URL encoded. I do not receive errors when customers enter an invalid code, or when they enter a code that has a minimum amount when they haven't reached the minimum amount. I have installed the STS template system as well as the Paypal direct payments module.

The module does work if you enter a valid code and it deducts items automatically, but any incorrect codes simply return you to the checkout_confirmation.php with no errors or code discount...

As far as I can tell everything initializes properly, but no errors are echoing out. I've even added this line to my checkout_payment.php like the "common problems" of the readme tell you to:

<?php
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr class="headerError">
   <td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])); ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php
 }
?>

And I still have no error messages returning. I can also not see any output from turning on the debugging. Are there any quick fixes or patches I should be applying to my site? Here's the checkout_confirmation.php relevant code:

require('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
   $navigation->set_snapshot(array('mode' => 'SSL', 'page' => FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT));
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
 }

// if there is nothing in the customers cart, redirect them to the shopping cart page
 if ($cart->count_contents() < 1) {
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));
 }

// avoid hack attempts during the checkout procedure by checking the internal cartID
 if (isset($cart->cartID) && tep_session_is_registered('cartID')) {
   if ($cart->cartID != $cartID) {
     tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
   }
 }

// if no shipping method has been selected, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) {
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
 }

if (!tep_session_is_registered('payment')) tep_session_register('payment');
 if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['payment'])) $payment = $HTTP_POST_VARS['payment'];

if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('comments');
 if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments'])) {
   $comments = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']);
 }

//---PayPal WPP Modification START ---//	
 if (tep_paypal_wpp_enabled()) {
   $ec_enabled = true;
 } else {
   $ec_enabled = false;
 }

if ($ec_enabled) {
   $show_payment_page = false;

$config_query = tep_db_query("SELECT configuration_value FROM " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " WHERE configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_DP_DISPLAY_PAYMENT_PAGE' LIMIT 1");
   if (tep_db_num_rows($config_query) > 0) {
     $config_result = tep_db_fetch_array($config_query);
     if ($config_result['configuration_value'] == 'Yes') {
       $show_payment_page = true;
     }
   }

$ec_checkout = true;
   if (!tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_token') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_id') && !tep_session_is_registered('paypal_ec_payer_info')) { 
     $ec_checkout = false;
     $show_payment_page = true;
   }
 }
//---PayPal WPP Modification END ---//

//kgt - discount coupons
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('coupon')) tep_session_register('coupon');
 //this needs to be set before the order object is created, but we must process it after
 $coupon = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon']);
 //end kgt - discount coupons

// load the selected payment module
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');
 $payment_modules = new payment($payment);

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
 $order = new order;

$payment_modules->update_status();

if ( ( is_array($payment_modules->modules) && (sizeof($payment_modules->modules) > 1) && !is_object($$payment) ) || (is_object($$payment) && ($$payment->enabled == false)) ) {
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_NO_PAYMENT_MODULE_SELECTED), 'SSL'));
 }

//kgt - discount coupons
 if( tep_not_null( $coupon ) && is_object( $order->coupon ) ) { //if they have entered something in the coupon field
$order->coupon->verify_code();
   if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DEBUG != 'true' ) {
	  if( !$order->coupon->is_errors() ) { //if we have passed all tests (no error message), make sure we still meet free shipping requirements, if any
		  if( $order->coupon->is_recalc_shipping() ) tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . urlencode( ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SHIPPING_CALC_ERROR ), 'SSL' ) ); //redirect to the shipping page to reselect the shipping method
	  } else {
		  if( tep_session_is_registered('coupon') ) tep_session_unregister('coupon'); //remove the coupon from the session
		  tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode( implode( ' ', $order->coupon->get_messages() ) ), 'SSL' ) ); //redirect to the payment page
	  }
   }
} else { //if the coupon field is empty, unregister the coupon from the session
	if( tep_session_is_registered('coupon') ) { //we had a coupon entered before, so we need to unregister it
     tep_session_unregister('coupon');
     //now check to see if we need to recalculate shipping:
     require_once( DIR_WS_CLASSES.'discount_coupon.php' );
     if( discount_coupon::is_recalc_shipping() ) tep_redirect( tep_href_link( FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . urlencode( ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SHIPPING_CALC_ERROR ), 'SSL' ) ); //redirect to the shipping page to reselect the shipping method
   }
}
//end kgt - discount coupons
 if (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) {
   $payment_modules->pre_confirmation_check();
 }

// load the selected shipping module
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');
 $shipping_modules = new shipping($shipping);

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
 $order_total_modules = new order_total;

// Stock Check
 $any_out_of_stock = false;
 if (STOCK_CHECK == 'true') {
   for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order->products); $i<$n; $i++) {
     if (tep_check_stock($order->products[$i]['id'], $order->products[$i]['qty'])) {
       $any_out_of_stock = true;
     }
   }
   // Out of Stock
   if ( (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT != 'true') && ($any_out_of_stock == true) ) {
     tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));
   }
 }

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_1, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
 $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2);

I entered in echo statements in the verify() function to make sure that is initializing as well and it shows up fine. Has anyone else had similiar problems to this?

Assault

If you want to find it you'll have to google "Assault T-Shirts" because posting my damn url in my signature is against the forum rules.

T-Shirts with an edge