• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

In your Admin area, did you go to Modules>Order Total>Discount Coupon and install the module and set the Enable Discount Coupons to true?

When you uploaded the files for Discount Coupon Codes did you make sure you were in ASCII mode and not Binary?

The SQL to create the database tables is in the catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php file

OK, I can't edit my post. I found a more recent post a few pages back with the same issue. A response asked if ot_discount_coupon.php was installed and mine is. So I still don't know how to fix this.

~Tracy

I have this installed and it was working fine. Then one day it stopped showing up during checkout. I would put a coupon in and on the next page it didnt show the coupon being used and it also didnt calculate the coupon. Any ideas on why it did this?

I made no other changes to the site at all.

Kelly Karnetsky

In your Admin area, did you go to Modules>Order Total>Discount Coupon and install the module and set the Enable Discount Coupons to true?

Yes. I see the coupon filed in the checkout process when set to true. I don't think the tables loaded (what I mean is that I saw no process happen when I clicked install)

When you uploaded the files for Discount Coupon Codes did you make sure you were in ASCII mode and not Binary?

The SQL to create the database tables is in the catalog/includes/modules/order_total file

ASCII/Binary? I don't know what you mean. Programming dummy here. I uploaded the files the same way I've done with other contributions. Since the catalog/includes/modules/order_total file is a new file I only uploaded it as is.

BTW, I ran the SQL query manually still no luck.

Hello, I am having a problem with getting the amount with the disccount to be read by clickandbuy when making a purchase, the discount module works perfect! which is great but I need some help to edit the clickandbuy module in order to discount the coupon in the premium link line.

$clickandbuy_price = $this->mk_clickandbuy_amount($_SESSION['cart']->total + round(($_SESSION['shipping']['cost']*$tax_factor),2) );

What could I add in this line in order to get the coupon disccounted from the total price? ... any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Update:

I'm close to a fix. I had the wrong database_tables.php loaded in the admin section. Now I see the admin section of the coupon module. Yeah!

Right now, I still have the subtotal doubling and this is both with the contribution turned on (true) or off (false). I'm going to start looking for this issue within this post and the forum, hopefully I'll find an answer.

Please, if anyone can help with the doubling of the subtotal please respond.

I apologize for all the individual posts. I fixed the subtotal doubling. This instruction fixed it. I "added below" when I should have "replaced with".

OPEN catalog/includes/classes/order.php

FIND on line 244:

$shown_price = tep_add_tax($this->products[$index]['final_price'], $this->products[$index]['tax']) * $this->products[$index]['qty'];
	$this->info['subtotal'] += $shown_price;

REPLACE with this code:

//kgt - discount coupons
	if( is_object( $this->coupon ) ) {
	  $applied_discount = 0;
	  $discount = $this->coupon->calculate_discount( $this->products[$index], $valid_products_count );
	  if( $discount['applied_discount'] > 0 ) $valid_products_count++;
	  $shown_price = $this->coupon->calculate_shown_price( $discount, $this->products[$index] );
	  $this->info['subtotal'] += $shown_price['shown_price'];
	  $shown_price = $shown_price['actual_shown_price'];
	} else {
	  $shown_price = tep_add_tax($this->products[$index]['final_price'], $this->products[$index]['tax']) * $this->products[$index]['qty'];
	}
	/**************
	**************/
	//end kgt - discount coupons

Now I've added 2 test codes, one $ and one %. Neither work. When I enter the coupon code the page refreshes and clears the coupon code field. If I continue to checkout the full amounts show up.

The following error occurs when you change the shipping method at the checkout confirmation page,

1062 - Duplicate entry '1TIME-10' for key 1

insert into discount_coupons_to_orders (coupons_id, orders_id) values ('1TIME', '10')

One odd thing about this is that the order_id of 10 is not the current order number, it is 12.

any ideas.

Hi Mandi,

I have been doing much like you (from ccgv(trad) to this one) and encountered the same problem as you have. I've searched for solution and couldn't find one. Did you manage to fix it? if so, pls tell how...

Thanks,

Sharon.

Edited by sukarya

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

I installed coupon 3.0 on a site that used to have coupon 2.0, when i put in a coupon code in the checkout_payment page i get the foloowing error:

1054 - Unknown column 'coupons_discount_percent' in 'field list'

SELECT coupons_discount_percent, coupons_description, coupons_max_use, coupons_min_order, coupons_max_order, coupons_number_available FROM discount_coupons WHERE coupons_id = 'r' AND ( coupons_date_start <= CURDATE() OR coupons_date_start IS NULL ) AND ( coupons_date_end >= CURDATE() OR coupons_date_end IS NULL )

[TEP STOP]

I went through the installation and everything was installed correcly, i also went through the documentation of the discount coupon 2.0 to see if there were any files that need to be deleted. I realize that coupon_discount_percent was used in the 2.0 version but i can't seem to find a solution for this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

You will need to find the SQL Query that is shown in your error as it is trying to get information from the coupons_discount_percent field. I would suggest using a comparison tool, such as WinMerge, to double check your files against the Discount Coupon Codes download files.

I installed coupon 3.0 on a site that used to have coupon 2.0, when i put in a coupon code in the checkout_payment page i get the foloowing error:

1054 - Unknown column 'coupons_discount_percent' in 'field list'

SELECT coupons_discount_percent, coupons_description, coupons_max_use, coupons_min_order, coupons_max_order, coupons_number_available FROM discount_coupons WHERE coupons_id = 'r' AND ( coupons_date_start <= CURDATE() OR coupons_date_start IS NULL ) AND ( coupons_date_end >= CURDATE() OR coupons_date_end IS NULL )

[TEP STOP]

I went through the installation and everything was installed correcly, i also went through the documentation of the discount coupon 2.0 to see if there were any files that need to be deleted. I realize that coupon_discount_percent was used in the 2.0 version but i can't seem to find a solution for this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

~Tracy

Manual entry of 1,000 per month is going to be quite tedious. You might try writing the SQL to just upload them all to the database with their exclusions. I believe someone else on this forum was working on the ability to use category exclusions - you might do a search for that and see if you either find the answer or find who was working on it. The best way I've found to search the forums is google, enter site:www.oscommerce.com/forums category +"Discount Coupon" in the search box and it will only pull results from the oscommerce forums :thumbsup:

Sorry for my English. I want to create a series of Discount Coupon Codes, ... about 1,000 per month, and bundle them to a catagory. Would you like to tell me how to create and bundle them? thanks.

~Tracy

My guess would be that you need to look through the Shipping Discount bits of code, do a debug print on the page where shipping is applied to see what the system is using for the names of your FedEx shipping, and then tweak the code so that the names match the FedEx shipping names.

I would guess catalog/includes/classes/discount_coupon.php and order.php , catalog/checkout_confirmation.php might be good places to start. Any thoughts Kristen?

I have an issue with this. It works great but I am have a problem offering free shipping with the assigned coupon. We are using a FedEx module for shipping. The discount does not show or get applied. If I add a coupon for for a discount for for a fixed rate it works correctly. Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem may be? Can I use the shipping discounts with the FedEx module?

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Jason

~Tracy

The very first part of the coupons_manual.htm says:

To configure the Discount Coupon Codes module, go to Modules > Order Total > Discount Coupon in the admininistration section

Has this code been removed in some update?

I'm using version 3.31 and have looked through the files. There appears to be no admin/modules.php modifications that would show the above information.

In the readme.html

Log into your admin section and go to Modules > Order Total. Select the Discount Coupons module and click the Install button

Admin Modules > Order Total does not have a Discount Coupons module.

Again, it appears that the code for admin/modules.php is missing from the contribution addon.

Sorry not sure I am putting my question in the right area. (apologies if not)

I just in stalled Discount Coupon Codes 3.31, its the first one i tried to install. It all seemed straight forward, but when i logged in to my admin i got this error message

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in

/mounted-storage/home63a/sub009/sc39266-NTCY/www/shop/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 31"

I when through the installation process again making sure i did everything correct. But it still came up with the same error message. I have seen some of the treads the you have to install some info in the shops database. But there is no mention of this in the install process.

can someone help, this contribution would be a great asset to our store.

many thanks

Alex

Hi,

All seems to be working good except EXCLUSIONS.

None seem to be working.

I created a discounted shipping code for 1 product. I excluded all other manufacturers, categories and products.

But I can apply the code to all products.

Thanks.

Sorry not sure I am putting my question in the right area. (apologies if not)

I just in stalled Discount Coupon Codes 3.31, its the first one i tried to install. It all seemed straight forward, but when i logged in to my admin i got this error message

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in

/mounted-storage/home63a/sub009/sc39266-NTCY/www/shop/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 31"

Alex

I would suggest going through the installation one more time, when taking notice to the actual "copy paste" you are doing.

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

I would suggest going through the installation one more time, when taking notice to the actual "copy paste" you are doing.

I did try it again after i had done it the first time. With still the same problem.

Am i being stupid?

you are supposed to include these bits of the code "//kgt - discount coupons" i have put them in assuming that they wouldn't be there otherwise. And it would be mentioned for all the non-pros out there.

We try once more

cheers for any help

Can someone help me with Discount coupons? It was working fine the last time I tested it. The only change I've made to the site was adding the Ultimate SEO.

When you go to check out on the checkout payment screen and enter a valid coupon it takes me to the login screen and you can't log back in either. I can't figure out why it would do that. Any idea what portion of the module to check?

my site is www.ghilliesuitclothing.com and a coupon code is 28YTMH7A ($5 off). Add something to the cart and use Paypal as a payment. For customer info, use [email protected] password "testtest"

Also, There's a bug where the coupon will correctly take the discount (say 10% off) of your order at checkoutpayment, but if the customer goes back into the site and adds stuff to their cart, the additional products won't get the discount.

UPDATE: I've turned off Ultimate SEO URLs for the time being so customers can use coupons. So testing the site with coupons will work. In the meantime, any idea why Ultimate SEO would clash with Discount Coupons?

I would double check that only the last line before

}								

$box = new box;
 echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);
?>

ends with

);

The other lines should end with a .

~Tracy