• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

Before i install this contrib i was wondering if it also add a discount to a special price product, if it does any idea how i can stop that, ie i only want it to add a discount to products at full price, so if on special no discount?

I dont help with templates (thats what the seller is for)

th search function will often help, when it dont try this in google.

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/forums then your search word

Hi

Just installed this but it doesn't work.

I have "Paypal IPN v1.4" http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679 installed and looked at the latest update added, but the Paypal IPN file has changed quite a lot since it was done.

Anyone got an update for this mod as i would really like to use it.

Also i have "Paypal Express Checkout IPN" http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4791 installed, so i guess i will need an update for that as well.

Any help?

Cheers Richard

I don't have time to do an update for the newest version of Paypal right now. I'm very busy with real work. The changes are fairly small. You can find DCC code in that module by searching for my handle (kgt). All code should be commented.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Before i install this contrib i was wondering if it also add a discount to a special price product, if it does any idea how i can stop that, ie i only want it to add a discount to products at full price, so if on special no discount?

Discounts will apply to specials. The next version will allow you to exclude products on special.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

can anyone post or send me some screen shots of this mod?

i've been researching easy discount, ccgv, and the contribution of this thread. so far this one seems to be a solid choice with good support. TIA

richie

If you send me your email, I can send you screenshots.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Ok, so I haven't seen this issue really presented the way that I am having currently. When installed correctly (as far as I know), I am getting these errors when I go to the Order Total area under Modules.

Warning: main(/home/jgcinc/public_html/store/includes/classes/discount_coupon.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jgcinc/public_html/store/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php on line 14

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/jgcinc/public_html/store/includes/classes/discount_coupon.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jgcinc/public_html/store/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php on line 14

So I went ahead and took line 14 out of the file ot_discount_coupon.php inside of /includes/modules/order_total/, as well as out of the same file in /includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ which in turn gives me this error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ot_discount_coupon in /home/jgcinc/public_html/store/includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php on line 16.

So looking at line 16, it gives this class.

class ot_discount_coupon {
var $title, $output, $coupon;

function ot_discount_coupon() {
  $this->code = 'ot_discount_coupon';
  $this->title = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_TITLE;
  $this->enabled = ((MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_STATUS == 'true') ? true : false);
  $this->sort_order = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SORT_ORDER;

$this->output = array();
}

This is where I'm stumped. Any ideas as to what is causing this error?

Ok, so I haven't seen this issue really presented the way that I am having currently. When installed correctly (as far as I know), I am getting these errors when I go to the Order Total area under Modules.

Warning: main(/home/jgcinc/public_html/store/includes/classes/discount_coupon.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jgcinc/public_html/store/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php on line 14

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/jgcinc/public_html/store/includes/classes/discount_coupon.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jgcinc/public_html/store/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php on line 14

So I went ahead and took line 14 out of the file ot_discount_coupon.php inside of /includes/modules/order_total/, as well as out of the same file in /includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ which in turn gives me this error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ot_discount_coupon in /home/jgcinc/public_html/store/includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php on line 16.

So looking at line 16, it gives this class.

class ot_discount_coupon {
var $title, $output, $coupon;

function ot_discount_coupon() {
  $this->code = 'ot_discount_coupon';
  $this->title = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_TITLE;
  $this->enabled = ((MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_STATUS == 'true') ? true : false);
  $this->sort_order = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SORT_ORDER;

$this->output = array();
}

This is where I'm stumped. Any ideas as to what is causing this error?

it looks like you have not uploaded the additional files, ot_discount_coupon.php etc

I dont help with templates (thats what the seller is for)

th search function will often help, when it dont try this in google.

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/forums then your search word

Make sure you uploaded includes/classes/discount_coupon.php (and all other new files).

Those two files should NOT be the same. They have the same name, but the content should be different. If they have the same content, you've uploaded the originals incorrectly. Re-upload them.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Try adding this code:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('coupon')) tep_session_register('coupon');
 if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon'])) {
$coupon = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['coupon']);
 }

BEFORE these lines:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
 $order = new order;

Even after adding the above suggested code, the correct calculation and coupon display don't show on the confirmation page until the page had been refreshed. Are there other suggestions out there. I believe that I've read all 50 pages of this support string and haven't found a solution. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi KGT,

Ever think that you'd be so pestered by a module? Here's my question.

I manually installed the module as well as "upgrade" script. It appeared to install smoothly until I went to test it. When clicking from the shopping_cart.php page to go to the checkout_shipping.php page, the checkout_shipping.php displays nothing, it's just a blank page. I've gone back over the install code and the and the upgrade code comparing line by line. It all appears to jive. I am running PHP5 and had made the edit to the POST and GET script. But for the life of me I have no idea where the module has gone wrong. Our store is live so I've had to back out the module for the time being. I've gone through the forums and it doesn't appear that anyone else has had this issue. I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe

I have a similar issue. Except that I get as far as the confirmation page which is completely blank. The payment page shows the coupon box and I can enter a code - nothing past that though. I am also on PHP5 (and have stripped out the HTTPs). I too have had to back it out.

Any ideas?

Make sure you uploaded includes/classes/discount_coupon.php (and all other new files).

I would love to do that, but unless I have the files I can't. The zip file that I downloaded (2.1) only has catalog and admin folders, no includes except deeper inside the directories. If the files can't be the same, where do I get the correct files to upload?

I would love to do that, but unless I have the files I can't. The zip file that I downloaded (2.1) only has catalog and admin folders, no includes except deeper inside the directories. If the files can't be the same, where do I get the correct files to upload?

By saying:

includes/classes/discount_coupon.php (and all other new files).

can be thought of as

catalog/includes/classes/discount_coupon.php (and all other new files).

Basically check you have uploaded all the new files.

Becki

I have a similar issue. Except that I get as far as the confirmation page which is completely blank. The payment page shows the coupon box and I can enter a code - nothing past that though. I am also on PHP5 (and have stripped out the HTTPs). I too have had to back it out.

Any ideas?

By the way, I have Multi Vendor Shipping installed. Could this be tripping the coupon code up?

By saying:

can be thought of as

Basically check you have uploaded all the new files.

Becki

Oh ok, well, either way I have all the files uploaded correctly at this point. I'm not getting the errors, however it's not showing up under the modules -> order total either.

Hi KGT,

I manually installed the module as well as "upgrade" script. It appeared to install smoothly until I went to test it. When clicking from the shopping_cart.php page to go to the checkout_shipping.php page, the checkout_shipping.php displays nothing, it's just a blank page. I've gone back over the install code and the and the upgrade code comparing line by line. It all appears to jive. I am running PHP5 and had made the edit to the POST and GET script. But for the life of me I have no idea where the module has gone wrong. Our store is live so I've had to back out the module for the time being. I've gone through the forums and it doesn't appear that anyone else has had this issue. I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe

*BUMP* hoping that someone can help on this one!

Even after adding the above suggested code, the correct calculation and coupon display don't show on the confirmation page until the page had been refreshed. Are there other suggestions out there. I believe that I've read all 50 pages of this support string and haven't found a solution. Any help would be much appreciated.

They display only after refresh? Are you certain the first block of code you quoted appears before this line in your code:

$order = new order;

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

In Admin>Catalog>, the module is not showing up to click "install". I have doubled and tripple checked that I uploaded everything in the correct place.

To click "install," you need to go to Admin > Modules > Order Total first. Then once it's installed, go to Admin > Catalog > Discount Coupons to create and edit coupons.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Hi KGT,

Thanks,

Joe

You're getting a fatal error, but you have display errors turned off (which is why you get a blank screen). It's pointless to just guess at the error (though you might try commenting out line 14 in includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php since it tends to give people problems). I recommend setting up a test site so you can make sure everything is error-free before going live. Add the following two lines to the top of includes/application_top.php to turn on error reporting so you can find out what the error is:

ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);

ini_set('display_errors', 1);

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Any ideas?

Turn on error_reporting to find out what the error is. See my response here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...d=1042895

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Oh ok, well, either way I have all the files uploaded correctly at this point. I'm not getting the errors, however it's not showing up under the modules -> order total either.

If the module is there, it should be picked up. That page is just displaying all files in finds in your modules directory. If you have uploaded ot_discount_coupon.php to catalog/includes/modules/order_total you will either get an error, or the file will display. If it's not, you've got another problem outside the scope of this contribution.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Hi all,

I have installed this contribution fine on my home install - thanks :)

Does this work with Protx?

Thanks

Becki

I'm not familiar enough with Protx to say for sure. If all you did to install the Protx module was upload it to includes/modules/payment and includes/languages/english/modules/payment, then you'll be fine. If it requires you to make changes to checkout_payment.php, checkout_confirmation.php, checkout_process.php, or includes/classes/order.php, then there might be an issue (but even then it's fairly unlikely). Paypal IPN is the only payment module I know of that won't work with DCC "out of the box".

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Couple quick questions

1) Does this contrib work with the standard Paypal module that comes with oscommerce? (ie. do the correct values get passed to paypal for the order total?)

2) Does this contrib work with Paypal Websites Payment Pro (WPP) ?

3) Does this contrib work with Multi Vendor Shipping? (MVS)

Just curious as I use all the above! :)

Thanks for such a great contribution!