• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Discount Coupon Codes

kgt

I have install Discount Coupon Codes following your Install instructions and all appears to be fine.

When I Installed the Discount Coupon Order Total Module I started asking myself a few questions, I've spent a few hours in this forum but I can't find the answers, I'm probably missing something obvious but I'm not expert with osCommerce or phpMyAdmin.

Question 1: When I added the length for randomly generated coupon codes I wondered how does it know what is a correct discount code and what is a false code? Is there somewhere I'm supposed to set this?

Question 2: When I set the display format for the order total line I told it I wanted it to calculate a percentage of the order. Where does it get that percentage information from? I want it to deduct 10% of the order cost.

If anyone can help answers these questions it would be appreciated.

In your Admin area you create the coupons you would like. The randomly generated coupon codes are for coupons that you want the system to generate a random code for. Once the code is generated then it is assigned whatever coupon values you set it for (percentage discount, dollar discount, etc..) You have two choices when you go to create a coupon - you can type the code for the coupon in yourself, or tell the system to generate a code for you :)

I believe the % discount is applied to each individual item in the cart - I don't remember if it is before or after tax but I know I've seen several discussions about the way the discount math works in this thread - so just scan through and you're bound to find them ;)

~Tracy

In your Admin area you create the coupons you would like. The randomly generated coupon codes are for coupons that you want the system to generate a random code for. Once the code is generated then it is assigned whatever coupon values you set it for (percentage discount, dollar discount, etc..) You have two choices when you go to create a coupon - you can type the code for the coupon in yourself, or tell the system to generate a code for you :)

I believe the % discount is applied to each individual item in the cart - I don't remember if it is before or after tax but I know I've seen several discussions about the way the discount math works in this thread - so just scan through and you're bound to find them ;)

Thanks Tracy, I understand now, sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees.....good little tool this, thanks to the guys who made it.

Thanks KGT for the great contribution!

It was all working perfectly until I installed other discounts to my shop (2gether and category discounts). Now when using a coupon code, it calculates the discount from the full price, and then subtracts this from the already discounted price. This results in the customer getting a much bigger discount than the coupon is worth.

I'm new to PHP so am hoping someone can help me with this :'( Is it possible for the discount coupon to be applied to the subtotal after any other discounts, (the value that would otherwise be the total if not using a coupon), rather than the sum of the full priced products, which I think is how it is currently calculated?

Thanks KGT for the great contribution!

It was all working perfectly until I installed other discounts to my shop (2gether and category discounts). Now when using a coupon code, it calculates the discount from the full price, and then subtracts this from the already discounted price. This results in the customer getting a much bigger discount than the coupon is worth.

I'm new to PHP so am hoping someone can help me with this :'( Is it possible for the discount coupon to be applied to the subtotal after any other discounts, (the value that would otherwise be the total if not using a coupon), rather than the sum of the full priced products, which I think is how it is currently calculated?

Please ignore this, I've found a different solution.

Hi - great contrib. works great. Now that it's installed though, my client is now asking to be able to apply the discount code to only specific products. Would like to apply the same code for up to 10 different products. Can this be done easily and how would I even go about it? Had installed and suggested the CCGV contrib but he didn't like it and would like to stick with this one.

Thanks in advance for any insight you could offer. :)

Hi - great contrib. works great. Now that it's installed though, my client is now asking to be able to apply the discount code to only specific products. Would like to apply the same code for up to 10 different products. Can this be done easily and how would I even go about it? Had installed and suggested the CCGV contrib but he didn't like it and would like to stick with this one.

Thanks in advance for any insight you could offer. :)

When KGT is able to finish working on it the new version (3.0), which is in testing, will allow you to exclude products, categories, specials, manufacturers and/or customers from any of your coupons - so what you need will be possible in the near future :thumbsup:

~Tracy

When KGT is able to finish working on it the new version (3.0), which is in testing, will allow you to exclude products, categories, specials, manufacturers and/or customers from any of your coupons - so what you need will be possible in the near future :thumbsup:

Is there an ETA for the new version?

Oh, and another question....

Do I have to have PayPal IPN in order for this dicount code to work?

We don't use PayPal and the Discount Coupon Code contribution works wonderfully on our site. I believe it's just if you DO use PayPal already that you need to do something special to have it work with PayPal ;)

~Tracy

We don't use PayPal and the Discount Coupon Code contribution works wonderfully on our site. I believe it's just if you DO use PayPal already that you need to do something special to have it work with PayPal ;)

Oh fantastic! I think I will wait for the new version before I download it, since it's coming so soon.

I had a lot of trouble getting this contribution to take a fixed discount. So, I modified the discount_coupon.php file located in catalog/includes/classes/ and things seemed to start working the way I would expect while I was testing... I took most of this code from a previous post in this forum... but got things working by replacing function calculate_discount with the following (the part I added has been bolded):

function calculate_discount( $product, $product_count ) {

//if there's a maximum order amount to apply the discount to, determine the percentage of this product's final price we should apply the discount to

//$max_applied_percentage = ( $this->coupon['coupons_max_order'] == 0 ? '1.00' : $this->coupon['coupons_max_order'] / ( tep_add_tax( $product['final_price'] * $product['qty'], $product['tax'] ) * $product_count ) );

$max_applied_percentage = ( $this->coupon['coupons_max_order'] == 0 ? '1.00' : $this->coupon['coupons_max_order'] / ( $product['final_price'] * $product['qty'] ) * $product_count );

//$applied_discount = tep_add_tax( $product['final_price'] * $max_applied_percentage * $this->coupon['coupons_discount_percent'], $product['tax'] ) * $product['qty'];

$applied_discount = $product['final_price'] * $max_applied_percentage * $this->coupon['coupons_discount_percent'] * $product['qty'];

//don't allow the discount amount to be more than the product price

//if( $applied_discount > ( tep_add_tax( $product['final_price'], $product['tax'] ) * $product['qty'] ) ) $applied_discount = tep_add_tax( $product['final_price'], $product['tax'] ) * $product['qty'];

if( $applied_discount > ( $product['final_price'] * $product['qty'] ) ) $applied_discount = $product['final_price'] * $product['qty'];

$_max = $this->coupon['coupons_max_order'];

$_min = $this->coupon['coupons_min_order'];

//if max amount equals min amount, we have a fixed discount and should be using it rather than calcluating

if($_max == $_min)

{

$applied_discount = ( $_max * $this->coupon['coupons_discount_percent'])/$product_count;

}

return $applied_discount;

}

Hey,

Like kitty said, I appreciate all that you're doing on this board.

I'm having the same problem a few people have with the discount coupon not being in admin. I understand that you're either replacing the code for the "expected products" section or just telling it to place the discount coupon after that section. Either way, I went back and tried pasting the code that you posted for adding to the admin section, but it's still not appearing. I'm not sure what's up. Everything seems to be okay up until this point.

Here's the code from my boxes/catalog file.

<!-- catalog //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',

'text' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG

);

new navigationBoxHeading($info_box_contents);

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',

'params' => 'nowrap',

'text' => ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .

' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .

' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</a><br>' .

//kgt - discount coupons

' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a><br>'.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DISCOUNT_COUPONS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_DISCOUNT_COUPONS . '</a>' );

//end kgt - discount coupons

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- catalog_eof //-->

Maybe you can see an error here.

Thank you so much.

Hey,

Like kitty said, I appreciate all that you're doing on this board.

I'm having the same problem a few people have with the discount coupon not being in admin. I understand that you're either replacing the code for the "expected products" section or just telling it to place the discount coupon after that section. Either way, I went back and tried pasting the code that you posted for adding to the admin section, but it's still not appearing. I'm not sure what's up. Everything seems to be okay up until this point.

Here's the code from my boxes/catalog file.

[snip]

Maybe you can see an error here.

Thank you so much.

That code looks correct.

Are you using an admin template? Do you have a contribution for the admin section that manages the menu options, perhaps?

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

HIya, First GREAT contribution, just what i needed!

However, ive installed it and everything seems to be working fine. I can create coupons, see the coupon box but when i enter the code in checkout_payment.php nothing happens. If i enter an incorrect code i get the wrong code message.

Ive read all 45pages of this thread and still cant find a fix. I have made the changes to orders.php and the other mods.

I have a sort order entered.

my site is: semodelsDOTcom

i have a testing account : username:test password:testing

if anybody could shed any light on whats wrong i would be enternally grateful, ive spent the last 4 hours tryin to fix this and its driving me mad!

That code looks correct.

Are you using an admin template? Do you have a contribution for the admin section that manages the menu options, perhaps?

That's a very good question. I just recently took on the job of working on the site, so I'm not sure. I'll have to look into that and get back to you.

I have commented out the line "require_once( DIR_FS_CATALOG.DIR_WS_CLASSES.'discount_coupon.php' );" in includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php

i keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ot_discount_coupon in /home/beltespe/public_html/oscommerce/includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php on line 16

This is my code for /includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount_cupon.php

<?php
/*
* ot_discount_coupons.php 
* August 4, 2006 
* author: Kristen G. Thorson
* ot_discount_coupon_codes version 2.0
* Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

//try removing this line if you're getting an error like Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class discount_coupon in ***path to shop***/includes/classes/discount_coupon.php on line 14
	//require_once( DIR_FS_CATALOG.DIR_WS_CLASSES.'discount_coupon.php' );

class ot_discount_coupon {
var $title, $output, $coupon;

function ot_discount_coupon() {
  $this->code = 'ot_discount_coupon';
  $this->title = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_TITLE;
  $this->enabled = ((MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_STATUS == 'true') ? true : false);
  $this->sort_order = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SORT_ORDER;

$this->output = array();
}

function process() {
  global $order, $currencies;
  if( tep_not_null( $order->info['coupon'] ) ) {
	  $this->coupon = new discount_coupon( $order->info['coupon'] );

//print_r( $order ); //kgt - use this to debug order object contents
	  //print_r( $this->coupon ); //kgt - use this to debug coupon object contents

//if the order total lines for multiple tax groups should be displayed as one, add them all together
	  if( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_LINES == 'false' ) $discount = array( array_sum( $order->info['applied_discount'] ) );
			else $discount = $order->info['applied_discount'];
		foreach( $discount as $key => $value ) {
		  if ($value > 0) {
			$display_type = ( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_TYPE == 'true' ? '-' : '' );
			$this->output[] = array('title' => $this->format_display( $order->info['coupon'], $key ) . ':',
									'text' => $display_type.$currencies->format( $value, true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value'] ),
									'value' => $display_type.$value);
		  }
		}
	  } else $this->enabled = false;
}

function format_display( $coupon, $tax_group ) {
	global $order, $currencies;
	//if using multiple languages, get the language format string from the proper language file, otherwise, use the module configuration field
	$display = ( MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_USE_LANGUAGE_FILE == 'true' ? MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY : MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_FORMAT );
	//replace the variables with their proper values:
		$display = str_replace( '[code]', $this->coupon->code, $display );
		$display = str_replace( '[percent_discount]', ( $this->coupon->coupon['coupons_discount_percent'] * 100 ).'%', $display );
		$display = str_replace( '[coupon_desc]', $this->coupon->coupon['coupons_description'], $display );
		$display = str_replace( '[coupons_min_order]', $currencies->format( $this->coupon->coupon['coupons_min_order'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value'] ), $display );
		$display = str_replace( '[coupons_number_available]', $this->coupon->coupon['coupons_number_available'], $display );
		$display = str_replace( '[tax_desc]', $tax_group, $display );
		return $display;
	}

function check() {
  if (!isset($this->_check)) {
	$check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_STATUS'");
	$this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);
  }

return $this->_check;
}

function keys() {
  return array('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_STATUS', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SORT_ORDER', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_TYPE', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_SUBTOTAL', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_RANDOM_CODE_LENGTH', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_LINES', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_USE_LANGUAGE_FILE', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_FORMAT');
}

function install() {
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Display Discount Coupon', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_STATUS', 'true', 'Do you want to display the discount coupon value?', '615', '1','tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Order in which the discount coupon code order total line will be displayed on order confirmation, invoice, etc.', '615', '2', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Display Discount with Minus (-) Sign', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_TYPE', 'true', '<b>true</b> - the discount will be displayed with a minus sign<br><b>false</b> - the discount will be displayed without a minus sign', '615', '3', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Display Subtotal with Applied Discount', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_SUBTOTAL', 'true', '<b>true</b> - the order subtotal will be displayed with the discount applied<br><b>false</b> - the order subtotal will be displayed without the discount applied', '615', '4', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Random Code Length', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_RANDOM_CODE_LENGTH', '6', 'Length for randomly generated coupon codes.', '615', '5', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Display Discount Total Lines for Each Tax Group?', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_LINES', 'false', '<b>true</b> - the discount coupon order total lines will be displayed for each tax group for the order<br><b>false</b> - the discount order total lines will be combined and displayed as one line', '615', '6', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Use the language file to format display string?', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_USE_LANGUAGE_FILE', 'false', '<b>true</b> - use the format found in language file (used for when you have multiple languages and want the order total line to format display depending on language choice)<br><b>false</b> - use the format and language below', '615', '7', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now())");
  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Display Format for Order Total Line', 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_COUPON_DISPLAY_FORMAT', 'Discount Coupon [code] applied', 'Display format for the discount coupon code order total line.<br><br>Variables:<br>[code]<br>[coupon_desc]<br>[percent_discount]<br>[coupons_min_order]<br>[coupons_number_available]<br>[tax_desc]', '615', '8', now())");
}

function remove() {
  tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
}
 }
?>

I have commented out the line "require_once( DIR_FS_CATALOG.DIR_WS_CLASSES.'discount_coupon.php' );" in includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php

i keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ot_discount_coupon in /home/beltespe/public_html/oscommerce/includes/modules/order_total/ot_discount_coupon.php on line 16

That fix is for people who are getting the error "Cannot redeclare class discount_coupon". The error is not in ot_discount_coupon.php. On what page are you getting this error? Show the code you have for that page.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

However, ive installed it and everything seems to be working fine. I can create coupons, see the coupon box but when i enter the code in checkout_payment.php nothing happens. If i enter an incorrect code i get the wrong code message.

If you enter an incorrect code and get the error message, then you've probably got everything installed correctly. The issue is more likely with the display itself. Add this line:

die( '<pre>'.print_r( $order, true ).'</pre>' );

after

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_1, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
 $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2);

in checkout_confirmation.php and send me the results.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Hi :)

I love this contribution and have it running well on several sites. I have a new one however, that wants to use it differently. They want to use it to allow wholesalers to get a 45% off retail price (before quantity price breaks). Can this be modified to do this?

I love this contribution and have it running well on several sites. I have a new one however, that wants to use it differently. They want to use it to allow wholesalers to get a 45% off retail price (before quantity price breaks). Can this be modified to do this?

I believe quantity price breaks happen before the shopping cart. This discount happens during the order total process. You could modify it, but it's certainly more than changing a few lines.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Hi KGT,

Many thanks for the help! Now i cannot checkout at all, the page crashes, and the following code is displayed:

order Object

(

[info] => Array

(

[order_status] => 1

[currency] => GBP

[currency_value] => 1.00000000

[payment_method] => Check/Money Order

[cc_type] =>

[cc_owner] =>

[cc_number] =>

[cc_expires] =>

[shipping_method] => Zone Rates (Shipping to GB : 0.12 kg(s))

[shipping_cost] => 0.91

[subtotal] => 1.5

[tax] => 0

[tax_groups] => Array

(

[unknown tax rate] => 0

)

[comments] =>

[total] => 2.41

)

[totals] => Array

(

)

[products] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[qty] => 1

[name] => Airfix Magazine - Jan 1975

[model] =>

[tax] => 0

[tax_description] => Unknown tax rate

[price] => 1.5000

[final_price] => 1.5

[weight] => 0.12

[id] => 1389

)

)

[customer] => Array

(

[firstname] => toby

[lastname] => wheeler

[company] =>

[street_address] => great knell farm cottage

[suburb] => knell lane, ash

[city] => canterbury

[postcode] => ct3 2ed

[state] => Kent

[zone_id] => 327

[country] => Array

(

[id] => 222

[title] => United Kingdom

[iso_code_2] => GB

[iso_code_3] => GBR

)

[format_id] => 1

[telephone] => 01304 813550

[email_address] => [email protected]

)

[delivery] => Array

(

[firstname] => toby

[lastname] => wheeler

[company] =>

[city] => canterbury

[postcode] => ct3 2ed

[state] => Kent

[zone_id] => 327

[country] => Array

(

[id] => 222

[iso_code_2] => GB

[iso_code_3] => GBR

)

[country_id] => 222

[format_id] => 1

)

[content_type] => physical

[billing] => Array

(

[firstname] => toby

[lastname] => wheeler

[company] =>

[city] => canterbury

[postcode] => ct3 2ed

[state] => Kent

[zone_id] => 327

[country] => Array

(

[id] => 222

[iso_code_2] => GB

[iso_code_3] => GBR

)

[country_id] => 222

[format_id] => 1

)

)

I'm assuming u ment checkout_confimation in /catalog/

Hi KGT,

Many thanks for the help! Now i cannot checkout at all, the page crashes, and the following code is displayed:

I'm assuming u ment checkout_confimation in /catalog/

That is exactly where to add the code, and the results were as expected.

I see absolutely no coupon code in the output. I assume you did try to use one. If so, the error is in your includes/classes/order.php. Please revisit the install instructions and make sure that file is correct. Otherwise, you may email or PM me your code and I will take a look at it.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Another option might be Separate Pricing Per Customer which would allow you to setup a Wholesale customer group. When they log in they see their prices rather than retail prices. You can use Discount Coupon Codes as well as Separate Pricing Per Customer too - so there could still be coupons.

~Tracy