• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP! Problems Ive been having since switching servers

sackling

Here is a list of all the problems I am currently having after switching servers that I could really use a hand with.

1) After adding my ssl certificate to my new server i get an error box saying "The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority."

2) This only seemed to have happened after installing ssl but now even if i disable ssl in the config files i still get this error when trying to access any of the oscommerce shopping cart pages: "Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory. "

I have read through the forums and have tried adding in the .htaccess with the code php_flag register_globals 1 but that did not work. Would installing the register_globals oscommerce patch fix this? also why would this happen all of the sudden, was it from installing ssl?

3)I have search boxes throughout my site to search the catalog. I have these search boxes in both english and french. The way I had them set up was in an html form calling upon advanced_search_results.php and at the end of the links in the english site they would en with ?language=en and on the french ?language=fr this was working perfectly on my last server but for some reason it seems the language used is english unless the user accesses the french shopping cart first.

thats all for now but seem to be rather large problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Check the info in the SSL message and see if it shows the correct provider. If not ask your hosting company to install it, sometimes the control panel doesnt work.

You may also need 'root certificate updates' from windows update.

Try

php_value register_globals 1

or

php_flag register_globals on

php_flag should be on/off true/false

php_value should be numeric/text values

This ?language=en will work when regiwster globals is on.

When you say

Try

or

You mean in a .htaccess file correct? and should that file be placed in the catalog directory or someplace else?

.htaccess in your catalog dir and you only need one

I think your missing the point, the following didnt work because you put 1 instead of on.

php_flag register_globals 1

Should be

hmm no I understood. I changed it to php_flag register_globals on but its still giving me the error.

Maybe your host has disabled you from overiding this setting in .htaccess then you will need the mod to do it.

Give this method a shot first.

This only works for Apache server if you have Windows/IIS it can only be changed in php.ini

Maybe your host has disabled you from overiding this setting in .htaccess then you will need the mod to do it.

Give this method a shot first.

This only works for Apache server if you have Windows/IIS it can only be changed in php.ini

hrmph that didnt work either. what mod are you talking about?

This is the mod for register globals

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2097

I just installed it and now I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function restart_capture() on a non-object in /home/.flagpole/mydomain/mydomain.com/catalog/includes/header.php on line 15

i just looked at that line in the code and it happens to be part of my sts template the code there is:

// START STS 4.1

$sts->restart_capture ('applicationtop2header');

// END STS 4.1

is there something i should change applicationtop2header to?

I just installed it and now I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function restart_capture() on a non-object in /home/.flagpole/mydomain/mydomain.com/catalog/includes/header.php on line 15

i just looked at that line in the code and it happens to be part of my sts template the code there is:

// START STS 4.1

$sts->restart_capture ('applicationtop2header');

// END STS 4.1

is there something i should change applicationtop2header to?

perhaps I should try installing it with the manuall instead as after delteing that code I see alot of other things are screwed up around the cart now. at least this seems to be making headway in that i can once again access the cart.

Archived