• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products short descriptions help wanted

Hi everyone,

I wonder if someone who uses the "Products short description" contribution could explain to me how it actually works.

I have successfully installed the OSCommerce contribution "Products short descriptions" v1.03, and I don't understand how to use it.

How do I add the short descriptions?

Is there supposed to be a field somewhere on the "New product in.." page in the admin tool?

There is a new option in the Configuration->product listing, called "Display Product Info", which is set to 3.

There is also a new row in the product listing in the shop called "Short description".

I could not find any support thread for this contribution. The enclosed readme file doesn't say anything on how to actually use it.

I am a total newbie.

Also, the author of the contribution's shop looks like this: http://www.shop.brilliantlife.de/.

Could anyone tip me on how to alter the product listing to get more like that (not talking about the fancy colours)? Any contributions I missed out on (I've searched and searched)?

When I get the products short descriptions contribution working, I would like my product listing to look something like this:

example.jpg

Which means I would like a product description below the title.

Could someone shortly describe how one alters the product listing from standard OSCommerce product listing to something like this? I would have to get rid of the header that says "Product name+", "Price" etc., and move around a bit on the price and buy now buttons etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As said I am a total newbie, and OSCommerce seems quite a mountain to climb at the moment.

Edited by No Posers Please!