• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

? is changed to ?

Becki

I want to display a ? sign in the product description page but it changes to a ? sign, also a It's changes to It\'s, can i put these words in a piece of code to stop it happening?

thanks

Becki

I want to display a ? sign in the product description page but it changes to a ? sign, also a It's changes to It\'s, can i put these words in a piece of code to stop it happening?

thanks

Becki

Write it's like this:

it\'s

and I think the pound symbol is entered like this:

& # 1 6 3;

(without the spaces) - not sure about the pound one, never used it, but I got it from http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html-spec/html-spec_13.html, a link someone else on the boards shared with me...

HTH

~bobsi18~

Hi,

When i put in It's as It\'s i then have displayed It'\\\'s ! I tried £ which worked and then just using the ? symbol started to work...strange.

This is the source code for the 'It's' bit of text. - if it helps! (it's a cat name)

<td width="133" height="13" align="left" valign="top"><a href="products.php?selcatid=34&productlayout=1&limitflag=0&selsubcatid=all" class="leftmenu">IT\'S GOT TO GO!</a></td>

Thanks

Becki

Hi,

When i put in It's as It\'s i then have displayed It'\\\'s ! I tried £ which worked and then just using the ? symbol started to work...strange.

This is the source code for the 'It's' bit of text. - if it helps! (it's a cat name)

<td width="133" height="13" align="left" valign="top"><a href="products.php?selcatid=34&productlayout=1&limitflag=0&selsubcatid=all" class="leftmenu">IT\'S GOT TO GO!</a></td>

Thanks

Becki

Sorry, though that was for the language files... Try this for the apostrophe (it's):

& # 3 9;

(without the spaces)

HTH

~bobsi18~

You don't always have to use a backslash to escape an apostrophy - only in certain parts of your website. For other parts it's okay to wrire it's as it's.

Are your product prices also showing up as ?25.00 instad of ?25.00 - because this is becoming a problem as hosts upgrade MySQL which involves changing from iso-8859-1 or Latin 1 for language encoding to utf8-en - which does not recognise the ? symbol.

Vger

thanks

Becki

Thanks bobsi18, that worked for the ', thank you.

Vger

The product price was a ? symbol, it was strange that once i'd used £ once it then seemed to except the ? symbol?

Becki

Archived