Sign in to follow this  
betagirl

Order total inconsistencies with Coupon discounts

Hello -

Thank you so much for the time and effort on this contrib - I was really dreading implementing the current CCGV until I found yours!

I am having a problem with the configuration however. I can get the discount coupons module working fine if the coupon is a flat amount (e.g. $25 off), but if I try to have a percentage off coupon (e.g. 25%) - the totals don't add up or calculate correctly. Now I can get the % coupons to work too, but when they work, a flat rate coupon won't calculate totals correctly. And I can imagine situations where my client would offer different coupons to different customers, etc., and I assume they should work together anyway.

The difference, in making each type of coupon work, is in how the coupon module is configured.

Note, I do not have Gift Vouchers installed in the admin modules order totals section, as this won't be used by my client. I do not think this is causing the problem or is related, but please advise if it does, for some reason, need to be installed whether it is utilized or not.

The store is setup so that shipping & handling charges are taxed, without any discounts being applied. Sales tax is set at 7.75%. The sort order (the only one that works for both flat rate coupons and percentage based coupons) is:

Subtotal (1)

Coupons (2)

Shipping (3)

Tax (800)

Total (900)

The coupons module configurations are below, where the only changes are with whether or not the Include Tax option is set to "True" or "False". The Recalculate Tax is always set to "Standard".

###########

FALSE Shipping / TRUE Tax: Flat Rate Coupon *Correct Amounts*

Sub-Total: $399.99

Discount Coupons:Test123: -$25.00

Flat Rate S&H (Shipping to California, United States ): $23.95

California sales tax: $30.92

COD (Cash on Delivery) Fee: $14.00

Total: $443.86

FALSE Shipping / TRUE Tax: Percentage Coupon *Incorrect*

Discount Coupons:Test223: -$107.75 //Incorrect - s/b just 100.00 - 25% of 399.99

California sales tax: $25.11

Total: $355.30

##############

FALSE shipping / FALSE Tax: Flat Rate Coupon *Incorrect*

Discount Coupons:Test123: -$25.00

California sales tax: $30.76 //Incorrect Tax Amount s/b $30.92

Total: $443.70

FALSE shipping / FALSE Tax: Percentage Coupon *Correct Amounts*

Discount Coupons:Test223: -$100.00

California sales tax: $25.11

Total: $363.05

###########

Does anyone have any tips on how to set this up so that I don't have to change the module configuration each time a different type of coupon is created; and so that we can use multiple coupons concurrently (some percentage based, some flat rate). I have spent more than about 5 hours trying to sort this out to no avail - trying all manner of combinations of configuration and sort orders. I appreciate any tips.