• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sign in to follow this  
cgchris99

UPS, fuel surcharge, rural residental surcharge, etc.

Does anyone know if the UPS module or even the UPS XML module includes the fuel surcharges, the residential surcharge and the rural residential surcharges?

Thanks for any advice.

Anything new on this? Seems like the UPS shipping module could be off a lot if it does not include these figures.

This includes the UPS and UPSXML mods.

I use the UPS shipping module. From my experience, it includes the fuel surcharge. You can set it for either Residential or Commercial in the module's admin. However, the problem I have encountered is it does not include the surcharge for rural locations. Therefore, for certain rural zip codes the cost is a couple of dollars off.

Does anyone know how to have the UPS shipping module include the rural location surcharge?

From other threads, it is my understanding that the XML UPS version includes the rural surcharge. (You may want to read http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?showtopic=278740)

I will check out the XML version and see if it has the rural charge. I've been documenting a few orders so I can test the XML version.

I remember seeing a post by someone that had figured out how to add the rural charge but I can't find it now.